Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166591 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by onile1975: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
@ Somandla please help me with this question, which other document do we have to send to hospital in u.s after pregnancy scan 2) is it only pregnant with high risk they use to accept, Mayo clinic in Rochester refused to racept my wife because we did not said she has High risk to deliver her baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
onile1975:
@ Somandla please help me with this question, which other document do we have to send to hospital in u.s after pregnancy scan 2) is it only pregnant with high risk they use to accept, Mayo clinic in Rochester refused to racept my wife because we did not said she has High risk to deliver her baby
There are so many other hospitals that will accept you without being high risk. Why not use them instead

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by onile1975: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2022
@Candybight thanks please give the names of those hospital so that I can pick one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MoAdiya: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2022
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I need clarification from anyone who has done this before. I have tried getting an appointment but it has been challenging. I am due in December but the date I am seeing is 2024.

I want to apply for an emergency medical appointment. I have all my documents to prove my pregnancy is high risk, both letter from my DR here and in Houston.

My question is:
1: what documentations do I need to apply for an emergency appointment
2. how do I go about the emergency appointment?

I am currently applying from ABuja

I will appreciate all the help i can get.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
onile1975:

Bro pls check what I just attached, call those 2 Doctors, you just tell them you will like to give birth in their care, they will email you quotation and hospital fees.

Once you receive their email apply for expedited emergency appointment with embassy, dnt make this complicated, this would have been done last week already, you are running out of time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
MoAdiya:
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I need clarification from anyone who has done this before. I have tried getting an appointment but it has been challenging. I am due in December but the date I am seeing is 2024.

I want to apply for an emergency medical appointment. I have all my documents to prove my pregnancy is high risk, both letter from my DR here and in Houston.

My question is:

Thank you

The letters from your Nigerian Dr, Dr in Houston, proof of affordability.
To apply for emergency appointment log in you profile, it's one of the tabs on the side, follow the process on the website and submit. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Piepiehoney: 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
MoAdiya:

Pick the available date first then apply for the emergency appointment. Hopefully you get an approval email from them, the email will provide a link for you to pick a new date for interview.
Good luck �
Good Morning Everyone,

My question is:

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
puffmama:

Do you remember the questions you were asked , a friend is in this same situation
It all depends on the circumstances surrounding your visa and visit, its not the same question for everyone. For example, if your last visa was for birthing, they might want to see hospital/doctors receipts etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ms2ra: 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hello,

Please any expectant mum birthing at Parkview Community Nov/Dec and wouldn't mind sharing an apartment? Kindly reach out.

I'm also still looking for Dr, can't seem to get through to Dr. I and Dr. M. Please help.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sweetjam: 12:49am On Jul 18, 2022
Hello house,has anyone gone to Dallas for childbirth recently?How is Dallas point of entry like ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 1:11am On Jul 18, 2022
Zoe2019:
Hello everyone,please I need urgent help,can anyone please help with a good doctor’s contact and hospital in Huston or Maryland I have been on this close a month but am yet to get anyone and my due date is getting close I will really appreciate any help from you guys God bless you all

Hi! I used Anne Arundel for my delivery by CS and it cost about 15k for everything (three days hospital stay). Dr. Ballas performed the surgery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 3:36am On Jul 18, 2022
lollarojo:
Good day House, trust we are all doing great. Wishing all our expecting mums a safe delivery. Ive been an ardent member of this birthing thread since 2014 for my son and 2016 for my daughter via this thread. To d glory of God I had no issues and all.

However, I’ve had a pressing concerns I need help/clarity on.

1st, my visa expired since 2018 I tried Renewing prior covid but was rejected (during d trump birthing saga) I was asked to bring my Itemized bill. Sorted that from Del sol Medical (Dr Esparati) tried getting an appointment again but unfortunately I got for Dec 2023. Is there a means of getting earlier dates ?

2ndly, I’ve been hearing people say I should be earning money from d govt for my kids. How true or possible is this? Someone even asked I give her their ssn which I declined.

Lastly, we haven’t traveled with d kids to USA since 2017 is there anything like revoking citizenship if d child stays out of the country over a certain period?

I will really appreciate all responses towards this. Thanks kiss

You're not paying tax to the US government so there is nothing to "earn". Do not give anyone your child's SSN. That person obviously wants to use it to commit tax fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Pelumimama: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2022
Good morning House,

Pls can anyone help with contact of a Dr and hospital in Dallas,Texas?

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Super1759: 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
purpleribbon:

Hi! I used Anne Arundel for my delivery by CS and it cost about 15k for everything (three days hospital stay). Dr. Ballas performed the surgery.

Can you share contact

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Papapa1234: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hello Everyone

Pls I need info on how to renew my childrens US passport in Lagos

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
Anyone know any Doctors around Maryland? We are about 20 weeks now.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Duair: 1:34am On Jul 20, 2022
Pls does anyone have info on Doctors and hospitals I can use for my delivery in Portland, Washington State. Also, an estimated total cost. I have family there so giving birth there is convinient for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Shayo5: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
hi,

go to US embassy's website,
apply for passport renewal
pick a date
fill the forms
print out pictures of the child/person whose passport is being renewed(this is to show if the person has changed if the person got the passport as a baby get pictures showing age progression)
Go with the application fee( in dollars or naira equivalent)
Remember to go with a form of ID for yourself and your spouse.

Papapa1234:
Hello Everyone

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
Papapa1234:
Hello Everyone

Thank you
Also make sure to fill the form online and submit, handpicked form isn't accepted. Go with naira as they use their own official exchange rate of about 460 as against the current black market rate of over 600

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Papapa1234: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
Thank you so much
Shayo5:
hi,

go to US embassy's website,
apply for passport renewal
pick a date
fill the forms
print out pictures of the child/person whose passport is being renewed(this is to show if the person has changed if the person got the passport as a baby get pictures showing age progression)
Go with the application fee( in dollars or naira equivalent)
Remember to go with a form of ID for yourself and your spouse.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Papapa1234: 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2022
Okk thank you
Candybright:

Also make sure to fill the form online and submit, handpicked form isn't accepted. Go with naira as they use their own official exchange rate of about 460 as against the current black market rate of over 600

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sweetjam: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sweetjam:
Hello house,has anyone gone to Dallas for childbirth recently?How is Dallas point of entry like ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemo88: 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
Good day house,

Please does anyone know if hospitals in the US accept wiring of money directly from Nigeria. Wanted to send money using form A, medical at bank rate, only for The hospital in the US to tell me they don’t accept wiring / direct deposit as a mode of payment and I can only pay through money order, cards, Cheque or online payment. Any help please? Anyone know anything About this or how to go about it? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lili2022: 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
Good afternoon all. Please I need a piece of advice. I gave birth almost years ago in Lagos and baby passed after 2 months because of doctors mistake in a well-known most expensive hospital in Lagos. Now I'm pregnant again and would like to avoid giving birth in Nigeria again. I would like to know the best way to apply for visa and which documents are required for this. My husbands sister is a nurse in US and can invite me and bear all the medical cost. She can also accommodate me in her house.

I know that a lot has been written on this forum so far. Please help me with your piece of advice and list of documents needed for visa application. Thank you all a lot in advance!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2022
lili2022:
Good afternoon all. Please I need a piece of advice. I gave birth almost years ago in Lagos and baby passed after 2 months because of doctors mistake in a well-known most expensive hospital in Lagos. Now I'm pregnant again and would like to avoid giving birth in Nigeria again. I would like to know the best way to apply for visa and which documents are required for this. My husbands sister is a nurse in US and can invite me and bear all the medical cost. She can also accommodate me in her house.

I know that a lot has been written on this forum so far. Please help me with your piece of advice and list of documents needed for visa application. Thank you all a lot in advance!
So sorry about your loss.
Note that you can't state that your husband's sister in the US is footing uour medical bills as it will seem like you and your spouse can't afford what you desire.
Gather your documents, look for Dr and hospital in US, book appointment, apply for emergency appointment if possible as the available dates are far gone. .all the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 12:56am On Jul 23, 2022
Kemo88:
Good day house,

Please does anyone know if hospitals in the US accept wiring of money directly from Nigeria. Wanted to send money using form A, medical at bank rate, only for The hospital in the US to tell me they don’t accept wiring / direct deposit as a mode of payment and I can only pay through money order, cards, Cheque or online payment. Any help please? Anyone know anything About this or how to go about it? Thanks

You have to get someone in the US that will help you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemo88: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
UmmZayd:

You have to get someone in the US that will help you

How please ? The problem is hospital saying they don’t give out their bank details for direct deposit or money order… without the bank details the Nigerian bank cannot process form A medical. So I don’t know what to do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by onile1975: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2022
purpleribbon:

@ Purpleribbon what is the name of the hospital u use for 15k and contact Email Address. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lili2022: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2022
Somandla:

The letters from your Nigerian Dr, Dr in Houston, proof of affordability.
To apply for emergency appointment log in you profile, it's one of the tabs on the side, follow the process on the website and submit. Goodluck

Thank you so much for your response. Please, could you also help me with the list of documents needed for medical visa? Just want to be sure. Should we make payment in the US hospital prior to applying for visa or is it possible to do it after getting visa? Do I also have to attach my medical documents from previous pregnancy?

Thank you so much in advance!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladee1: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Please can a Nigerian on a Super Visa/Grandma visa in Canada, apply for a visitor visa to USA from Canada
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mimi227: 2:14am On Jul 26, 2022
Hello everyone, I need urgent help can anyone please help with contact of a Dr and hospital in Las Vegas , Nevada ? With a price breakdown.I am getting close to my due date and I am yet to get anyone . I appreciate any help God bless you all [quote][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Essential documentation:

A letter from your doctor in Nigeria describing the medical condition and why you are seeking medical care in the United States.
A letter from the physician or hospital in the United States indicating that they are prepared to treat the case and providing the approximate cost of the treatment.
Evidence of how you will pay for the cost of the treatment.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp

As for payment I don't think so, majority of people pay the hospital on their 1st visit in USA, I am not sure if paying prior helps in swaying the visa officer your way, hope someone replies to this to shed more light.

lili2022:

Thank you so much for your response. Please, could you also help me with the list of documents needed for medical visa? Just want to be sure. Should we make payment in the US hospital prior to applying for visa or is it possible to do it after getting visa? Do I also have to attach my medical documents from previous pregnancy?

Thank you so much in advance!

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.