Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167334 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2018
chloe00:
Hi people, a quick one please. My passport expires in June my visa expired two days ago can I renew via Dropbox on a passport with less than 6 months validity?

No you can't, You have to renew it...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 9:35am On Feb 10, 2018
I think you knew d answer before asking but to reassure you the answer to your question is NO! U need a new passport

chloe00:
Hi people, a quick one please. My passport expires in June my visa expired two days ago can I renew via Dropbox on a passport with less than 6 months validity?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2018
Christine77:
I think you knew d answer before asking but to reassure you the answer to your question is NO! U need a new passport

grin thank you very much I just wanted to be sure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
raheemkeji:
Good Evening Everyone!

Is there anyone using Dr. Fagbohun for child birth. Please Reply me, i just need some clarification.

Thank you.

he's my top consideration for now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good day mama's & papa's in d house,
My missionary journey is almost coming to an end but I av been facing little challenges.
Pls Houston Tx mama's who av recently done dere LO passport, How did u go about it..?

Though I tried applying for appointment but was decline due to my travel date to 9ja is above 2wks, I don't know if is a new system now for I want to get my LO passport ready on time so I can pay flight ticket & send mail for visa on arriver on time.

Pls I will be grateful for d info on how to get d passport done without waiting for my departure to b 2wks...thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
Urgent Feedback Needed Please!

If I book my flight on BA.Com but other airlines are operating on their behalf i.e Aer Lingus or American Airlines.... Whose policy on pregnancy am I bound to? The main peeps: British Airways? Or the Smaller Operating Flights?

Pls help if you know the answer. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
It is not a new system.for you to do expedited you must be travelling in 2wks or less and need a visa for destination. So just wait till then if you can, if not go ahead and do the normal process it usually will get to you sooner than you would be told because as you know it is a passport agency.

peace004:
My missionary journey is almost coming to an end but I av been facing little challenges.
Pls Houston Tx mama's who av recently done dere LO passport, How did u go about it..?

Though I tried applying for appointment but was decline due to my travel date to 9ja is above 2wks, I don't know if is a new system now for I want to get my LO passport ready on time so I can pay flight ticket & send mail for visa on arriver on time.

Pls I will be grateful for d info on how to get d passport done without waiting for my departure to b 2wks...thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lorit: 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Mamatukwas:
Urgent Feedback Needed Please!

If I book my flight on BA.Com but other airlines are operating on their behalf i.e Aer Lingus or American Airlines.... Whose policy on pregnancy am I bound to? The main peeps: British Airways? Or the Smaller Operating Flights?

Pls help if you know the answer. Thank you.
It is the main airline I suppose because the “smaller airline” operates the said flight in the name of the main airline. More like BA using American airline planes for its connecting flights.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lorit:

It is the main airline I suppose because the “smaller airline” operates the said flight in the name of the main airline. More like BA using American airline planes for its connecting flights.

Thank you. That's what I'm thinking but I do not want to be taken unawares.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
cindermum:

No you can't, You have to renew it...
Thank you smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
I have also been trying to buy a BA ticket online but my Naija cards aren't working, at least Access bank isn't.

Please if you know any bank card that works or any way I can go about this kindly let me know. P.S- I am currently in the U.K. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
chibertha:
It is not a new system.for you to do expedited you must be travelling in 2wks or less and need a visa for destination. So just wait till then if you can, if not go ahead and do the normal process it usually will get to you sooner than you would be told because as you know it is a passport agency.

Thanks for your responds & if I choose d normal way am I going to put in my original passport & LO original birth certificate when I submit it cos am kind of worried about dat.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
I am assuming that you amswered 'no' to the question on requiring a visa for ur travel. Y'day, I booked an appointment for next week and my travel date is month end.
peace004:

Thanks for your responds & if I choose d normal way am I going to put in my original passport & LO original birth certificate when I submit it cos am kind of worried about dat.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
On the appointment request form, you are asked when you need your passport by. That's what determines what appointment slots you get. I got my passport at the Houston agency on 9th January. Travel date at the time was 29 Jan. I booked online on 3rd Jan for a 8th Jan appointment.

peace004:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2018
Is it a US$ card? BA does not accept NGN cards. I've used a Stanbic US$ card to buy a ticket. This was last year.

Mamatukwas:
I have also been trying to buy a BA ticket online but my Naija cards aren't working, at least Access bank isn't.

Please if you know any bank card that works or any way I can go about this kindly let me know. P.S- I am currently in the U.K. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
debby516:
I am assuming that you amswered 'no' to the question on requiring a visa for ur travel. Y'day, I booked an appointment for next week and my travel date is month end.

Sorry but how did u book d appointment when ur travel date is above 2wks, when I try to book my appointment online, dere was a question of when is my travel date which I fill 2nd week of March but when I click next I was decline dat I was not eligible for an urgent travel appointment ..

Pls can you help me with the link u use in booking d appointment to collect same day of ur appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=Supernaturalone post=64955561]On the appointment request form, you are asked when you need your passport by. That's what determines what appointment slots you get. I got my passport at the Houston agency on 9th January. Travel date at the time was 29 Jan. I booked online on 3rd Jan for a 8th Jan appointment.

When I tried to fill in d appointment online, d first question ask was
"Do u av international travel plans?" when I click on yes I was ask for travel date which I put in 14th March & when I click on next it says am not eligible for an urgent travel appointment.

Or is it dat am booking for appointment through d wrong website?

Here is the website I tried:

https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
"Do u av international travel plans?" when I click on yes I was ask for travel date which I put in 14th March & when I click on next it says am not eligible for an urgent travel appointment.

Supernaturalone:
On the appointment request form, you are asked when you need your passport by. That's what determines what appointment slots you get. I got my passport at the Houston agency on 9th January. Travel date at the time was 29 Jan. I booked online on 3rd Jan for a 8th Jan appointment.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Mamatukwas:

It may be the limit if it’s above $1k I doubt it will go. If you can get a usd card it will be better and they’ve even stopped the payment at Gtbank too last time I checked.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2018
chloe00:

It may be the limit if it’s above $1k I doubt it will go. If you can get a usd card it will be better and they’ve even stopped the payment at Gtbank too last time I checked.

Hmmm na wa! I've resolved to just go to the airport and buy it tomorrow.. coz the prices are going up by the day! And my dollar account is not currently funded. Thank you @ supernaturalone @chloe00 I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
Its the same site. You should choose yes, that you need a visa for travel. When do you want to apply for visa? That should be the date you indicate that you need your passport by. I just checked, with your 14 March travel date, if you indicate you need the passport by 14 February, it will give you a 13 February appointment.

peace004:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=ANIT1 post=64924577][/quote]tl

Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=Supernaturalone post=64957427]Its the same site. You should choose yes, that you need a visa for travel. When do you want to apply for visa? That should be the date you indicate that you need your passport by. I just checked, with your 14 March travel date, if you indicate you need the passport by 14 February, it will give you a 13 February appointment.

[quote]
Thanks & God bless u my dear.,
I followed ur instructions & av finally booked d appointment & I just hope dey won't ask for any proof of visa am applying for since am using "VOA"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by inizo: 8:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Ojugunrege:

he's my top consideration for now.

<my wife just had my son with him dr in charge
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2018
Ojugunrege:
I had my interview this morning. Find the transcript below. I hope it helps someone.

VO: ‘Good morning, Madam’
Me: ‘Good morning, Sir’
VO: ‘Just give me a moment pls, the internet is pretty slow today’… Looking at his computer. ‘Can you pass me your passports, pls?’
Me: I passed him the passports
VO: 'Why will you be going to the US?'
Me: ‘For childbirth and family vacation’…Touching my obvious belly. ‘My husband already has his Visa, that is why he’s not here with us’. I went to the interview with my 2 children.
VO: ‘Do you have a copy of the visa?’
Me: ‘Yes’
VO: ‘Can I have it?’
Me: I passed it on to him. ‘Data page of his passport is also attached.’
VO: ‘How many children do you have?’
Me: ‘2 + this one in my stomach’…touching my belly again.
VO: ‘What do you do?’
Me: ‘I am an xyz at xyz company’
VO: ‘Which state will you be going?’
Me: ‘Texas, Houston’
VO: ‘What do you do?’
Me: ‘I am an xyz’
VO: ‘What is that?’
Me: ‘An xyz is a blablabla that does blablabla’….I then went into a little lecture on what I do.
VO: ‘How much are you paid monthly?’
Me: ‘xyz’... This is the exact amount I put in my application and it is what is in the letter the company gave me.
VO: ‘What does your husband do?’
Me: ‘He’s a abc’. VO: cuts in ‘at xyz company, too?’
Me: ‘No, at abc company’
VO: ‘You’ve been to the US before’... Looking through our info
Me: ‘Yeah, in 20xx within the children’
VO: ‘How long did u spend?’
Me: ‘3 weeks’
VO: ‘Your husband didn’t go with you?’
Me: ‘No’
VO: ‘Have you contacted a doctor? Any correspondence?’
Me: ‘Yes, pls….I passed him my Gmail printout.
VO: ‘Ok, let’s see if you can pay for this. Can I have your bank statements?’
Me: Handing them over…’Here are my statements. This is the Naira statement, this is the USD statement and this is a second Naira statement.’
VO: He took the first two statements, looks through and said those are ok. He didn’t take the 2nd Naira statement.
VO: Looks through my passports. ‘You’ve been to Netherlands.’
Me: ‘Yes and to A and B and the children, too.’
VO: ‘Where will you be staying? You have family?’
Me: ‘Yes, I have family but we won’t be staying with them. I already booked an apartment. We’ll be staying at xyz suites’
VO: ‘Ok. I guess you will like to pick your passports here in VI.’
Me: 'Yes, pls’
VO: Keeping our passports away and bringing out white paper. He circles Muri Okunola. ‘They will be ready in 3 days. Although the internet is slow but I’m working on it already. Have a nice day.’
Me: ‘You too. Do have a nice day.’

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these threads. It really helped my preparation.
In addition, to the docs that were asked for by the VO. I had the following other docs with me
1. Letter from my company
2. My latest 6 months pay slips
3. Budget sheet
4. Correspondence with the hospital
5. Apartment reservations
6. DH’s pay slips & letter from his company
7. Letter from my doctor here in Nigeria
8. Letter from my US contact (my BIL).

DH said I overprepared but for me, I felt more comfortable and more confident having all the documents I thought were necessary.
I didn’t get the famous questions; Why do u want to have your baby in the US? and What is your budget for this? I had my honest answers well-rehearsed.
Please how much is your medical bill?

My wife is using HNWMD and her bill is around $7,000. I'm scared about the possibility that the Visa officer might consider that cheap.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lorit: 9:58am On Feb 11, 2018
Mamatukwas:

You can always go thru Wakanow, Travelstart, Flyboku etc because you can easily use your naira card on their platforms that is if you get the same quote or the difference isn’t that much. Though some folks prefer bookings directly through the airlines which is cool as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2018
Cretaceous:

Please how much is your medical bill?

My wife is using HNWMD and her bill is around $7,000. I'm scared about the possibility that the Visa officer might consider that cheap.

from the bill I got from the doctor & the hospital, it came to about $10,000. I then added $3,000 as contigency...totalling $13,000 in all.

I honestly don't know what the VO may consider cheap...but the average I gathered from here on NL & colleagues is $10,000-$15,000...as budget
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kennyliza: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello Nairalanders! Hope u r have a wonderful weekend.

My preparation for my missionary journey is fast approaching. Please I need someone to send me a list in respect of acceptable food items that i can carry along for this journey(or a link post of d food items), thanks.

@76ta, have u secure your accommodation, I use a friend to help me find one eventually close to oakbend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ojugunrege:

from the bill I got from the doctor & the hospital, it came to about $10,000. I then added $3,000 as contigency...totalling $13,000 in all.

I honestly don't know what the VO may consider cheap...but the average I gathered from here on NL & colleagues is $10,000-$15,000...as budget

Which hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
You will show your passport at the agency. BC is original
peace004:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
Lorit:

You can always go thru Wakanow, Travelstart, Flyboku etc because you can easily use your naira card on their platforms that is if you get the same quote or the difference isn’t that much. Though some folks prefer bookings directly through the airlines which is cool as well

Thanks dear; But for BA the quote is hardly ever the same from Naija... sometimes almost 500k difference. I've sha quietly gone to the Airport and bought the ticket. Thanks again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.