Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,465 members, 7,861,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1182523 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
ugoguchy:
[am using same dr and am leaving next week

quote author=Viola2017 post=65717304]

Correct! Safe trip dear. Will be joining soon(next month by his grace)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2018
Pls what is the procedure to request for extension?

I'm in Kansas, MO.
feddy27:

You are in, you are in...
1. Request for extension
2. You can schedule induction from 39 weeks. Again this depends on your doctor

What city are you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
wow. Na wa o. Never had POE issues. This is my 4th trip to the US. although I was not pregnant or going to have a Baby on previous trips.

Pls, How do I apply for extension? process etc
it's almost 45days till 1st May. so I need to start ASAP.

thanks for your response!
Fyorgyn:

This is a very tough one!

Once you overstay by less than 180 days, your visa will be cancelled and it will be very very very difficult (not impossible) getting another visa to the U.S. If its more than 180 days you will be banned for 3 years and you get a 10 year ban if you overstay by 365 days or more.

In my (very limited and inexperienced) opinion you have four options

1. Come back to Nigeria and have the baby
2. Do Nothing, Overstay and bear the consequences
3. File for an extension
(it is advisable to file for extension 45 days before your authorised stay expires. Note that processing time takes 3-6months AND there is no guarantee that you'd get it)

4. Get the baby out at 38 weeks, get baby's documents and leave in 3 weeks. You can do this by
a)Fasting and Praying for the baby to come out early
b) being proactive and scheduling an induction or elective CS at 38 weeks.

It is definitely a tough one

For now, relax and take care of yourself and the LO

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
Silver2010:

Pls, How do I apply for extension? process etc
it's almost 45days till 1st May. so I need to start ASAP.

thanks for your response!

This is from the USCIS Website

"...If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your authorized stay expires....We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires..."

For more information go to
https://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-states/extend-your-stay

I don't know if using an "immigration" lawyer will impact on the application but it may be worth looking into. (I have no idea how they work and have no recommendations... it's just a thought)

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by njidekachi: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2018
Thanks

AdomMum:

The acceptance of lab test results from naija is dependent on the Doctor and not the hospital. So what you do is to call Doctor and ask if he/she accepts test results from naija.
Getting accommodation in Richmond, VA aside from Airbnb is usually difficult but you could find based on referral from Family or friend where you'll have to pay a token (possibility is slim). One has to put ears to the ground to find that kind.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MyEkwueme: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fyorgyn:

I must warn you though...

When booking BA please make sure all your flights are BA. BA has an agreement with American Airlines (AA)and sometimes the flights to or from the US will be via AA.

My DH and I have had the misfortune of flying with AA from Philadelphia to London ( we purchased BA tickets) and it was a terrible experience. So when booking your flights please ensure that it is BA all the way. I have learnt my lesson and I always check now!

Thanks a lot. I'll have that in mind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
ozymes:
When is your travelling date? Have you gotten now?
Yes, I saw the approval email this evening.
March 30.
Thanks. ..even though I'd bookmarked page 61 (to contact you) if I don't get it by the 20th. ..lol

Pls confirm that a hard copy is required for presentation upon arrival. Any other requirement(s).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
ALADE4J2:

DW has neither gotten an acknowledgment email nor VOA letter up till now. Also, none of the people she knows that applied for VOA last week got any. Why can’t anything work seamlessly in this country? Have you gotten the letter now?
I got the approval email this evening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
Silver2010:
Hello All, I'm new to nairaland so following up on all the conversations has been overwhelming. I'm currently in the U.S to have my baby. I applied for drop box (b1/b2) and got my visa in January. travelled late Feb at about 32wks. At POE I was sent to secondary inspection and the stamped a May 1st return date which is approx 1 week after my EDD. They asked if i told them at the interview that i was coming to give birth, i said no, didnt have an interview. They seem shocked at first and had never heard of drop box. I'm sure I can't travel with a 1 week old newborn. I'm really confused. my original return trip is mid May. Pls I need your urgent advice. Thanks.
Come back and go again immediately afterwards

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hard copy. Yes. The visa will be pasted on your baby's passport visa page. $190 cash payment on arrival if prior payment was not made.
AroOkigbo:

Yes, I saw the approval email this evening.
March 30.
Thanks. ..even though I'd bookmarked page 61 (to contact you) if I don't get it by the 20th. ..lol

Pls confirm that a hard copy is required for presentation upon arrival. Any other requirement(s).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by doyin2me: 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2018
njidekachi:
Good morning all, pls those that used henrico , do they accept any lab test result from naija? Also, can one recommend accommodation used in Richmond aside airbnb.

Thanks jfor ur usual support

Yes, they do

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 12:22am On Mar 14, 2018
Pls what is the down side of AA? Kindly advice
Fyorgyn:

I must warn you though...

When booking BA please make sure all your flights are BA. BA has an agreement with American Airlines (AA)and sometimes the flights to or from the US will be via AA.

My DH and I have had the misfortune of flying with AA from Philadelphia to London ( we purchased BA tickets) and it was a terrible experience. So when booking your flights please ensure that it is BA all the way. I have learnt my lesson and I always check now!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameW: 12:31am On Mar 14, 2018
Abiodunnn:

Yes i am. I have replied you

I’m here too, not seen your email though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 4:36am On Mar 14, 2018
thanks for this.

I'll certainly start working on it.

Fyorgyn:

This is from the USCIS Website

"...If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your authorized stay expires....We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires..."

For more information go to
https://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-states/extend-your-stay

I don't know if using an "immigration" lawyer will impact on the application but it may be worth looking into. (I have no idea how they work and have no recommendations... it's just a thought)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biodun1234: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2018
Please which email address do i send email to for visa on arrival. Please which documents are needed for visa on arrival and what is the amount to be paid for visa on arrival and which office at the airport would it be paid. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 9:10am On Mar 14, 2018
I had my visa interview yesterday and want to share:

VO: Good morning without a smile
hubby and I: Good morning
VO: Passports please?
DH Hands her 3 passports (His own, mine and my toddler's)
VO: Why do you want to go to the US
DH: Tourism and childbirth
VO: What do you do?
DH: xxxxx
Me: xxxxx
VO: How long have you worked there
DH: 17 years
Me: 9 years
VO: Is it a family business
Me: No, its not. Would you like to see our I.d cards and introduction letters from the organization
VO: Not yet
VO: Do you have Drs Correspondence?
Me: Yes and brings out the email correspondence and acceptance letter
VO: Reads through and asks, what hospital are you using
Me: Oakbend medical centre
VO: Whats your overall budget
DH: 15000$
VO: May i have both statements of accounts
DH hands both statements to her
she took like 15 minutes calculating the figures and finally handed us the blue paper saying we were not qualified
DH statement of account had 12M, while mine had 4M

We plan to reapply but don't even know what is wrong so it can be corrected.

Justwise and all the sabi people here, please help. I'd be due in August.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iamdoingthings: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2018
Does anyone have any experience of childbirth with these hospitals: Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital and North Cypress Hospital. DW has family in Prairie View, TX and these are the hospitals closest to them. I couldn't get any contact email from their websites. I would appreciate any info I can get.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2018
MiracleMum:
.........xxxxxxxxx
she took like 15 minutes calculating the figures and finally handed us the blue paper saying we were not qualified

No idea what went wrong here. Work history seems solid and you have multiples of $15k in your account.

I may be wrong but could it be that Oakbend has been noted as a very popular hospital by the VOs? And could there be denials because of that. Not sure...just thinking out loud. Maybe it's time to diversify!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 9:58am On Mar 14, 2018
MiracleMum:

VO: Good morning without a smile
hubby and I: Good morning
VO: Passports please?
DH Hands her 3 passports (His own, mine and my toddler's)
VO: Why do you want to go to the US
DH: Tourism and childbirth
VO: What do you do?
DH: xxxxx
Me: xxxxx
VO: How long have you worked there
DH: 17 years
Me: 9 years
VO: Is it a family business
Me: No, its not. Would you like to see our I.d cards and introduction letters from the organization
VO: Not yet

Simple question: How legit is your bank statement?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sugah: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2018
MiracleMum
15k overall budget for a family of 3+ might be small IMO.
Is there a 'sudden' inflow of money into your accounts? Is your salary commensurate with your account balance?

Reapply alone and use your husband and kids as additional ties.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2018
mamaron:

No idea what went wrong here. Work history seems solid and you have multiples of $15k in your account.

I may be wrong but could it be that Oakbend has been noted as a very popular hospital by the VOs? And could there be denials because of that. Not sure...just thinking out loud. Maybe it's time to diversify!!!

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Simple question: How legit is your bank statement?

Extremely legit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 11:34am On Mar 14, 2018
sugah:
MiracleMum
15k overall budget for a family of 3+ might be small IMO.
Is there a 'sudden' inflow of money into your accounts? Is your salary commensurate with your account balance?

Reapply alone and use your husband and kids as additional ties.

No sudden inflow of money. It's a salary account.

I'd reapply for myself and daughter as I can't leave her behind. Thanks so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GFavor: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello mothers who have gone through henrico in Virginia route, what is the process for getting baby passport both Nigerian US passports in Washington. Please can someone elaborate the steps involve. Can you go buy bus or car, what is the cost for a DIY mum planning on this journey.

Mothers already in Virginia, using Henrico pls can you advance affordable accommodation. I am planning going early August.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
MiracleMum:

Extremely legit

I really think the problem is from your account statement in my opinion. Did you show your payslips at any point during Ur interview? Cos the closing balance is quite high if it's a salary account and your husband's salary is just above 400k.
Reapply with your daughter. Wish you all d best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MiracleMum(f): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
cindermum:

I really think the problem is from your account statement in my opinion. Did you show your payslips at any point during Ur interview? Cos the closing balance is quite high if it's a salary account and your husband's salary is just above 400k.
Reapply with your daughter. Wish you all d best

I didn't go with payslips. I'd get that when reapplying.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GFavor: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
Adomum, Doyin2me, Justwise and others pls help a sister in need.

GFavor:
Hello mothers qwho have gone through henrico in Virginia route, what is the process for getting baby passport both Nigerian US passports in Washington. Please can someone elaborate the steps involve. Can you go buy bus or car, what is the cost for a DIY mum planning on this journey.

Mothers already in Virginia, using Henrico pls can you advance affordable accommodation. I am planning going early August.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GFavor: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
Adomum, Doyin2me, Justwise and others pls help a sister in need.

GFavor:
Hello mothers qwho have gone through henrico in Virginia route, what is the process for getting baby passport both Nigerian US passports in Washington. Please can someone elaborate the steps involve. Can you go buy bus or car, what is the cost for a DIY mum planning on this journey.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by vikturaikay(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Pls i am in the US but my pregnant wife is in Nigeria. I want her to give birth in the US. How do i go about it. She's 4 months preggy. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
vikturaikay:
Pls i am in the US but my pregnant wife is in Nigeria. I want her to give birth in the US. How do i go about it. She's 4 months preggy. Thanks

Huh...I want to assume that you read some of the post on this thread before asking your question? If not, please do so.

Other posters have already given more than hundreds of answers to your question.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biodun1234: 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
Please which email address do i send email to for visa on arrival. Please which documents are needed for visa on arrival and what is the amount to be paid for visa on arrival and which office at the airport would it be paid. Thanks in anticipation of your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.