Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167454 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DadiKamC: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Zeemin3:
Great news!!!!!! Congrats on this.

We went for our visa interview and it was successful. Nothing spectacular from the interview that isn't here on this thread. When the VO asked us why we going to the US to birth, why not UK, SA, or anywhere else? We responded we didn't get referral for those other places. He (VO) interjected and said he can tell us the UK is far cheaper, more convenient and has even better healthcare service. In my mind I am like just give us the Visa and leave where is more convenient for us to decide (Lol). Long story short, he granted us the Visa.

Thanks a big bunch!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DadiKamC: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
chibertha:
Between 180 to 200 USD but it depends on the area.
Those in Katy are cheaper than those on westhimer but there are a lot of them around Harris county don't know about Richmond.

Many thanks for your response, very highly appreciated. All those counties are in Houston right? God help us... awi be serious JJC there grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
It may and it may not. It all depends on the VO. Some have asked, some don't. I was not asked for a single document from doctor or hospital. I was denied and I was happy I didn't waste money on doctor payments.
Can you pls share your transcript I you don't mind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zoemummy: 4:00am On Apr 03, 2018
West Houston Medical Center, Richmond Avenue. Houston, Texas.

Lollypo6:
Please what hospital

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by swanky6968: 8:42am On Apr 03, 2018
Please if my mum applies that she wants to go with me to assist me during child birth. What is her chances of getting it. (She has no travel history). What and what does she need to go with for the interview. Please experienced gurus help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2018
Please read my earlier post on this. Do you have a visa?
swanky6968:
Please if my mum applies that she wants to go with me to assist me during child birth. What is her chances of getting it. (She has no travel history). What and what does she need to go with for the interview. Please experienced gurus help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2018
Hello House...
Welcome to Part Finale of Journey 1

And loo Ramj Jnr. was born via CS.....

Extra Long Post Alert

Rewind...

So I followed wifey for her penultimate and final doctor's visit and the news was if you don't fall into normal labour before next week's visit then you would be induced On Friday 2nd March.

Daily stairs climbing and walking became intensified but it seems Ramj Jnr was just enjoying himself. No signs of contractions or anything...

Next appointment came and Friday morning wife had heavy breakfast as suggested because once you get to hospital no more food - only ice chips.. and Ramj Mrs all through 9 months Ice block was her gravings - so 2 ge 4 as they say.
As we were about leaving Ramj Mrs vomitted the food heavy throw up and off we went.

We got in they did the normal things and voom the long journey began by the way wife was 0cm dilated at 41weeks plus but for my church mind ehn.. I know Ramj Mrs was 40weeks 2days.

All sorts of doctors and nurses coming smiling and be like don't worry..

Finally pitoxycn was connected and the wait begins..
By afternoon I think we still not dilating.

The doctors saw the journey still far they allowed wife eat and so were went till night time.

After dinner they brought one ball like that to aid dilation and that was when the pains started... the ball fell off as expected and we raced to 4-5cm . However the pains was intensifying as the contractions became more frequent.

At this stage Ramj Mrs gave in and requested for the "magical" epidural.

Epidural was successfully done and the journey became fun again, this was Saturday morning.

Later in the day, the doctor decided to break wife's water hoping it would cause Ramj Jnr to crown more but this boy just started watch all of us in 3D.

By Saturday night Ramj Mrs had just hit 6-7cm. By the time the afternoon shift were leaving they began to prepare or Mind for the eventual..
Doc - We actually want you to have a VD but as you are advancing it seems you boy is just sitting up and restng on one side of the cervix. We would monitor you through the night and see how it goes.

The night team at Cook County were just as fantastic, all sorts of gymnastics turn on all fours, turn left turn right... "jump up jump down" - this one na joke oo. But mhen my son did not bulge. He just started enjoy himself, who won't the guy was running away from Chicago Cold - The windy City itself.

Sunday morning 4th of March and the doctor said now it's time CS it is... Ramj Mrs broke town and started catching a fever..
For my mind I was happy our son would fiannly arrive but one small mind ehn na the additional ego I just dey think..

Ramj Mrs was wheeled away, while I also got dressed up in my surgeon suite as I joined the medical team.

The whole procedure was less than 15 mins, I was able to catch a glimpse of the opening up and loo, the cry of our son filled the room.

I wasn't allowed to cut the cord though, they didn't want me to see too much.

Ramj Jnr was brought to wife's head side where I was - the boy ey s were wide open looking at us like - you guys finally brought me out shaaa.

Joy filled my heart but was a lil worried as wife was still under the knife, she had a fever was shacking through the procedure and soon too picked a fever but nothing more.

I left the room and shared the new with mum and my in laws back at home whose unresting calls almost made me panic.

So finally Ramj Jnr was born Sunday 4th March 2018 9:20 am weighing 8pounds 14 ounces - All Glory to God Almighty, his name be praised.

Post Delivery, document pursuit and landing ... Coming soon

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2018
Ramj:
Hello House...

Extra Long Post Alert

I left the room and shared the new with mum and my in laws back at home whose unresting calls almost made me panic.

So finally Ramj Jnr was born Sunday 4th March 2018 9:20 am weighing 8pounds 14 ounces - All Glory to God Almighty, his name be praised.

Post Delivery, document pursuit and landing ... Coming soon

This your Ramj Jnr na Rambo shaa grin, maybe the lad thought his parents were still in naija cool, he didn't want to come out and face bubu. lmao
CONGRATS bro. We are gearing up for our second in 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2018
overlord77:

This your Ramj Jnr na Rambo shaa grin, maybe the lad thought his parents were still in naija cool, he didn't want to come out and face bubu. lmao
CONGRATS bro. We are gearing up for our second in 4 months.

honestly the guy pass Rambo..

hahahahaha @facing bubu. he suppose don come early enjoy Chicago more but now he is back.. we go rock am together.

Congrats on your second. Safe delivery all the way
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 1:05pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ramj:

honestly the guy pass Rambo..

hahahahaha @facing bubu. he suppose don come early enjoy Chicago more but now he is back.. we go rock am together

Congratulations, that was fun to read ..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2018
Good day everyone, please I will be going to houston first week of may to 2nd week of July and I will be HNWMC, going with my mum n infant son,please am looking for an affordable accomodation to rent or like a two bedroom flat to share, pls assist me if u know of any, thanksssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DFmum: 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
Please am a first timer, i need hospital and dr contact. Will be going for interview soon. I don't have email correspondence to present at the embassy. God bless u as you help a sister out. Na jjc i be o, my journey just dey start so
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DFmum: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
Sorry for my numerous questions, please how is the budget sheet like? I learnt I have to go with one to embassy. I want to do everything myself, please guide me. .Thanks so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2018
DFmum:
Please am a first timer, i need hospital and dr contact. Will be going for interview soon. I don't have email correspondence to present at the embassy. God bless u as you help a sister out. Na jjc i be o, my journey just dey start so

undecided angry

Ma'am..... you'll need to decide on a state first and then contact hospitals and doctors there to see which one suits you and begin corresponding with them by email. Once you are settled on one and they have undertaken to care for you, the mail trail is what you'll take to the embassy. Or you can search here for hospitals and doctors in your location of choice.

I suggest you read up more.......everything you need is here....including several budget sheet samples. Pls use the search bar at the top and narrow down to travel section.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
mamaron:

undecided angry

Loooool!! I know, right?

Just wait and see how some people will still end up spoon-feeding her with all the information already here that she could her taken time herself to read and learn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AdomMum: 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
mamaron:

undecided angry
Haaahaa!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Loooool!! I know, right?

Just wait and see how some people will still end up spoon-feeding her with all the information already here that she could her taken time herself to read and learn.

I was going to leave it with those 3 expressions but my conscience wouldn't let me. Wooo...i hope people know they are doing themselves a disservice sha....VOs can sometimes see through when we dont really know what we are talking about!!! I also hope the VOs will not blacklist the popular Oakbend and others because we are all copying and pasting.......

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blossom101: 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
At least you need up to 6months of ur DH statement of account.
And regarding the company's account I don't think it is advisable to use that.... speaking from experience, when I applied for my B2 visa I went with DH statement of account with 14m and the vo sked if am sure is not his company's account. I said no it his savings account and he said good..... I really don't know what that means though, but that was his response.

swanky6968:
Also my interview is in 2wks I want to know if there is any specific amount that would look suspicious let say DH has about 15million in his savings account (no lump sum) it has been accumulated since January coming in and out. Plus is there any problem with the account since it was opened in January. Or should I use his companies account
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DFmum: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
mamaron:

Thanks ma'am, I will do just that. God bless u
undecided angry

Ma'am..... you'll need to decide on a state first and then contact hospitals and doctors there to see which one suits you and begin corresponding with them by email. Once you are settled on one and they have undertaken to care for you, the mail trail is what you'll take to the embassy. Or you can search here for hospitals and doctors in your location of choice.

I suggest you read up more.......everything you need is here....including several budget sheet samples. Pls use the search bar at the top and narrow down to travel section.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2018
[quote author=Ramj post=66391993]Hello House...

Extra Long Post Alert

Aww Congratulations to you and your wife. We thank God for grace and safe delivery.
I also had my baby at Cook County on the 18th of March after 28 hrs in labour at 40 weeks 5 days. Was already scheduled for an induction the following week which I did not want at all. When I was 12 hours into labour and they told me am just 3.5cm dilated, OMG epidural straight. The night team at cook county are just awesome. I had a vaginal delivery but with episiotomy. Been so busy with baby, would come back and download all later. I got the baby's birth certificate 4 days after delivery (just called and was told it was ready) and the passport within a day- no appointment. I called and explained my situation and the lady on the phone told us all the documents to gather and just walk in the next morning . My husband was travelling back that weekend so we just walked in to the passport office downtown and explained. Passport was ready same day by 3pm. We thank God for Grace. Currently waiting for response for visa on arrival application and following up with hospital to get zero balance. I can't shout. Thanks to everyone on this thread. Our journey has been by God's grace

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2018
Thankful11011:
Good day everyone, please I will be going to houston first week of may to 2nd week of July and I will be HNWMC, going with my mum n infant son,please am looking for an affordable accomodation to rent or like a two bedroom flat to share, pls assist me if u know of any, thanksssssss

I will be in Houston end of April and using HNWMC too.
Hope to connect with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
[quote author=Zeenayah post=66400639][/quote]
Congrats☺
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
amanda0:
Hello ladies, am a silent reader on here onto my next missionary journey this month. I was just wondering for those of you that used Dr Xydas of HNWMC and stayed in intown suites or Studio 6 pls what are the discounted prices per month. I would be needing a queen studio pls anyone with info pls reply very urgent my host has disappointed me last minute. I need alternative accommodation travelling this weekend by God's grace.
Many thanks for your reply.

Sorry about that. You have to call the manager for the monthly rate that was what I was told when I called their reception. I tried calling but was wasnt successful. Also the guy at the reception said it had a condition of you paying fully before arrival.
Hope to connect with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tabsy: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
Congratulations maam. Sure you and baby are doing well. please can i pm you as regards Oakbend,
zannie:

I used Oakbend in 2016 and I got my visa renewed last year. Infact my itemized bill states $23000 and i paid $3700 at that time. In fact I'm having my baby at Oakbend again this month. I don't know what that VO's issue is o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tabsy: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
Congratulations Ramj Snr. God bless your family, Sure baby and mama are doing well
Ramj:
Hello House...

Extra Long Post Alert

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
Close to Harris county which Houston spans.
DadiKamC:

Many thanks for your response, very highly appreciated. All those counties are in Houston right? God help us... awi be serious JJC there grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cakanihu(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
justwise:
Tips For Giving Birth in the USA

Change of intent letter issue addressed by the VO here:

pls house I will like to know the best time to reapply for US visa if u are declined visa this February:
1.can I reapply this month
2.is it mandatory that I must wait 6months to reapply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thronefilled: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2018
MamaOO:

Maybe the one you went to. I went to two different ones around me looking for some items and a convertible car seat for my toddler and after using my price match app and checking around, Amazon was still better for me.
I'm at a loss over which convertible car seat to get for my toddler. Please can you help me with a review from your search so far.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by vitrendy4eva: 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
Good evening house.
Please advise: Do I need to cancel my previous appointment before I can schedule a new appointment, as my emergency request has just been approved?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
Thronefilled:

I'm at a loss over which convertible car seat to get for my toddler. Please can you help me with a review from your search so far.
Thanks.
I ended up getting three. I got the Clek Foonf for my car, the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio for my husband’s car and the Evenflo Tribute LX for my sister’s car because she sometimes helps me pick him up from preschool or babysit him.

The Clek and the Peg Perego are expensive tho, both ran me about $850 before taxes but I decided on them because of reviews and the fact that they have very high weight limits than their competitors and can be converted to a booster seat after a while. Both the Foonf and the Viaggio also looked so cool (I’m a sucker for pretty baby gear)

The Evenflo costed me about $65 I believe, cos it’s for my sister’s car. There’s also Britax Boulevard and Marathon, Chicco Nexfit and also Diono Radian. I decided against the Chicco and Britax cos everybody’s kids use them (too common) and the Diono was too tall (I felt it will block my rear view) and because it was ugly. Lol.

Check out Safety First Alpha Elite too.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
Tabsy:
Congratulations Ramj Snr. God bless your family, Sure baby and mama are doing well

Thanks so much Tabsy. they are doing pretty well

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 11:18pm On Apr 03, 2018
[quote author=Zeenayah post=66400639][/quote]
Thanks Zee and congrats to you too. If you get stuck with VoA contact me..

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.