Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered (1175 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2017
I know how much religious we are in Nigeria and daily churches are springing up like grasses all over the nation. Where we are getting it wrong however is that we believe it can be well with us and not necessarily with our land,Nigeria.

This is evident in the our every day activities,not just religion,in Nigeria. We all heard about how thousands will arise daily in South Korea then to pray for the nation,same applied to the USA and many nations that we are looking up to today.

In Nigeria,we seem not to believe in collective progress but our mentality is of selfishness. When you have arrived,every other thing & people should go and worry,infact they should look up to you.

I am putting the blame first on Christians because we have the power to ask God to help us out. Like it was said to Solomon in 2chronicles 7:14 , "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. "

Our religious leaders ,for selfish reasons too,will not bother to stand for the nation rather they will die for an individual.

Politicians will not think of the people rather they belive only in their own progress. This is a mentality the church must change.

As we enter the new year, let us daily remember Nigeria in our prayers believing that the prosperity of the land is surely our individual prosperity.

Pray for Nigeria,those who do will surely be prosperous.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:51am On Dec 24, 2017
its funny how Xtians put all their faith in their gods, but when something wrong happens, then instead of blaming that same "god" for not answering their prayers, they quickly find any deluded culprit for that.

if this was not the biggest scam on earth, then anyone who indeed was a proper xtian and paid his dues to the mafia (aka church) should receive whatever they ask in prayers... if you dont get anything in return but keep giving foolishly, while keep on being a mafiosi then the joke is on you.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
its funny how Xtians put all their faith in their gods, but when something wrong happens, then instead of blaming that same "god" for not answering their prayers, they quickly find any deluded culprit for that.

if this was not the biggest scam on earth, then anyone who indeed was a proper xtian and paid his dues to the mafia (aka church) should receive whatever they ask in prayers... if you dont get anything in return but keep giving foolishly, while keep on being a mafiosi then the joke is on you.

I understand your point but have Christians really being doing what God said or following what men are saying?
I believe we cannot change God,He is still the same .
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
BAMMZ:

I understand your point but have Christians really being doing what God said or following what men are saying?
I believe we cannot change God,He is still the same .

you see bro, this is exactly where the dilema is... if these people have not been doing what god said/wants then they have NO BUSINESS giving tithe or being part of the mafia... sadly, these criminals in robes will gladly tell any criminals or demons out there that so long as they bring 10% of their evil loot, they will be "saved". lol!

if you indeed cannot change god, then whether you give tithe in church or not is irrelevant.... is it?
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by livingseed: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
Op, There will always be individuals who are self-absorbed— christians or etc, but unless they're actually catatonic, they are rarely totally in that state all the time.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

you see bro, this is exactly where the dilema is... if these people have not been doing what god said/wants then they have NO BUSINESS giving tithe or being part of the mafia... sadly, these criminals in robes will gladly tell any criminals or demons out there that so long as they bring 10% of their evil loot, they will be "saved". lol!

if you indeed cannot change god, then whether you give tithe in church or not is irrelevant.... is it?
Sincerely this tithe or no tithe issue is not my point even though I get your point. The Bible is there for anyone to seek clarification. It is sad though that our pastors lay too much emphasis on it.
My point is that "Nigeria go better" means "my own don beta". That is why everyone is looking for easy means of getting rich. That is why corruption will never end.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
livingseed:
Op, There will always be individuals who are self-absorbed— christians or etc, but unless they're actually catatonic, they are rarely totally in that state all the time.

I agree......somehow.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
BAMMZ:

Sincerely this tithe or no tithe issue is not my point even though I get your point. The Bible is there for anyone to seek clarification. It is sad though that our pastors lay too much emphasis on it.
My point is that "Nigeria go better" means "my own don beta". That is why everyone is looking for easy means of getting rich. That is why corruption will never end.

and that is why the only way to fully discover who the conmen from the true xtians are, is to stop giving anything to enrich these men...believe me, their true nature will come right quick to the light.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

and that is why the only way to fully discover who the conmen from the true xtians are, is to stop giving anything to enrich these men...believe me, their true nature will come right quick to the light.
grin
MrBrownJay1:

funny
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by livingseed: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
BAMMZ:

I agree......somehow.
What's the exclusion?
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
livingseed:
What's the exclusion?
We seem to be totally in one place
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 12:44am On Dec 25, 2017
Let us remember to pray for Nigeria as we enjoy our holiday
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:47am On Dec 25, 2017
some people cant get 3 square meal daily to quench their hunger, and you want them to pray for Nigeria?! let them pray for personal life success.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by CandidSeeker(m): 1:23am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
some people cant get 3 square meal daily to quench their hunger, and you want them to pray for Nigeria?! let them pray for personal life success.

The mature Christian stops asking 'who will meet my needs' and start asking 'whose needs can I meet'

We're saved to serve.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 1:28am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

You are right but then even when you can feed properly,the environment you are needs be conducive so you can enjoy the wealth and so others will prosper too.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 1:29am On Dec 25, 2017
CandidSeeker:

The mature Christian stops asking 'who will meet my needs' and start asking 'whose needs can I meet'

We're saved to serve.

Bless you!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:32am On Dec 25, 2017
CandidSeeker:

We're saved to serve.

clap for yourself, thats a great message... now go try to make sure that all of them demons in robe all over the land stand by that saying. good luck!

lets be real, a man who cant feed himself properly and hurting for money, wouldnt care one bit to pray for Nigeria... as there are more pressing issues in their life that needs fixing.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:36am On Dec 25, 2017
BAMMZ:

You are right but then even when you can feed properly,the environment you are needs be conducive so you can enjoy the wealth and so others will prosper too.

never put the carriage before the horse... when these people will be belle full and dont hurt for money any longer then, and only then, they will think of Nigeria... but right now these people's major concern is to get 3 square meals a day and money to survive. thats the priority in their life, not Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by CandidSeeker(m): 1:48am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

never put the carriage before the horse... when these people will be belle full and dont hurt for money any longer then, and only then, they will think of Nigeria... but right now these people's major concern is to get 3 square meals a day and money to survive. thats the priority in their life, not Nigeria.

A true believer knows how to abase & abound:

Philippians 4:12 KJV
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Philippians 4:13 KJV
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Even when there's no assurance of 3 square meals:

....give us this day, our daily bread.

-Peace.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:03am On Dec 25, 2017
CandidSeeker:

A true believer knows how to abase & abound:

Philippians 4:12 KJV
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Philippians 4:13 KJV
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Even when there's no assurance of 3 square meals:

....give us this day, our daily bread.

-Peace.

again, go tell this to them demons in robes, and see how many hungry and destitute people will be fed and helped that day... the scam of religion is a cunning ones, they trick people by telling them that their life worries will be resolved if they pay into the mafia (aka religion). so these down on their luck people go to church and listen to them demons talk a good game and even take the little these destitute broke and hungry people have left, yet they REMAIN hungry broke and destitute... but because they dont want to lose their initial investment, they keep coming back again and again, due to the sweet message by them poisonous snakes in robe.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by BAMMZ(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

again, go tell this to them demons in robes, and see how many hungry and destitute people will be fed and helped that day... the scam of religion is a cunning ones, they trick people by telling them that their life worries will be resolved if they pay into the mafia (aka religion). so these down on their luck people go to church and listen to them demons talk a good game and even take the little these destitute broke and hungry people have left, yet they REMAIN hungry broke and destitute... but because they dont want to lose their initial investment, they keep coming back again and again, due to the sweet message by them poisonous snakes in robe.
Chai..you and pastors ehn....
But what about the full adult who can read ,write and think but still follows a so called pastor blindly? When I want to blame the pastor,I also wonder how they manage to succeed in this age and time when men have so much privilege to information and when the basis for their smartness is the same book made available to all without a restriction.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:49am On Dec 26, 2017
BAMMZ:

Chai..you and pastors ehn....
But what about the full adult who can read ,write and think but still follows a so called pastor blindly? When I want to blame the pastor,I also wonder how they manage to succeed in this age and time when men have so much privilege to information and when the basis for their smartness is the same book made available to all without a restriction.

is that not the same full intelligent adult that would strap a vest filled with dynamite to their chest, go to a crowded place and blow themself up (thinking there are 71virgins waiting for him)? religion IS religion, same scam just a different level of mumus that join these mafias.

my philosophy is very simple... any RELIGION/GROUP/GANG/POSSEE that requires you to hate (or look down upon) another human being, simply because we dont have the same beliefs as you do... and/or a RELIGION/GROUP/GANG/POSSEE that demand that you follow their laws over YOUR BRAIN (aka common sense), can never be regarded as worthy in anyway way by myself.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
BAMMZ:
I know how much religious we are in Nigeria and daily churches are springing up like grasses all over the nation. Where we are getting it wrong however is that we believe it can be well with us and not necessarily with our land,Nigeria.

This is evident in the our every day activities,not just religion,in Nigeria. We all heard about how thousands will arise daily in South Korea then to pray for the nation,same applied to the USA and many nations that we are looking up to today.

In Nigeria,we seem not to believe in collective progress but our mentality is of selfishness. When you have arrived,every other thing & people should go and worry,infact they should look up to you.

I am putting the blame first on Christians because we have the power to ask God to help us out. Like it was said to Solomon in 2chronicles 7:14 , "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. "

Our religious leaders ,for selfish reasons too,will not bother to stand for the nation rather they will die for an individual.

Politicians will not think of the people rather they belive only in their own progress. This is a mentality the church must change.

As we enter the new year, let us daily remember Nigeria in our prayers believing that the prosperity of the land is surely our individual prosperity.

Pray for Nigeria,those who do will surely be prosperous.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Shalom.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. "
The above scriptures talk about "my people" not some persons. Until we are ready to seek the face of God,no amount of sermon will change anything. And please change your headings to some Nigerian Christians because many are on their kneelings interceding on daily basis.
Re: Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered by Deicide: 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
I agree with the topic, in fact, religious people, in general, are self-centered too selfish to see the reality of this earth we live in as long as their own life is going smoothly they don't care about anyone else. They thank their God for their life not realizing that there are people out there suffering some children haven't eaten since morning but of course your God loves you more than them? instead of the millions of kid dying of hunger out there. Yes, that's the reality we live in, Thanking your God while they suffer would be an insult to them well at least that's the way i see it.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Joeagbaje? / Is It A Sin To Work In A Hotel / Jege: False Prophesy As Seen Among Pastors, How It's Done!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.