Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,142 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. (1209 Views)

Olu Of Warri Hangs Out With FIFA Officials At Qatar (pics) / Emir Dantoro Suspends Officials For Allowing Fulani Herdsmen Enter Communities / Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
Saheed Ashafa said: “This wave of harassment and denial has found its way to the law school where a Muslim law graduate was denied access to the call to bar ceremony because she tucked her hijab under her wig.

The refusal of Firdaus Amasa not to remove her Hijab is within her rights as a citizen of Nigeria which is guaranteed by the constitution and her denial to be called to Bar along with her colleagues on this basis is an infringement on her right.

Among other requests made on the issue were a review of the code of dressing in the Nigerian Law Schools as it affects the manifestation of religious beliefs; the intervention of the Nigerian National Assembly in the matter at hand; an investigation by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) into allegations of religious stigmatization in the Nigerian Law School as well as a general reform of the Nigerian Law School.: https://tgstream..com.ng/2017/12/amasas-hijab-controversial-saga_24.html?spref=fb

We are all ready to defend her —MAN The Muslim Association of Nigeria, MAN also expressed its anger on the issue stating that authorities should immediately apologize to Amasa.
Share https://tgstream..com.ng/2017/12/amasas-hijab-controversial-saga_24.html?spref=fb

Re: Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. by clarocuzioo(m): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sincerely speaking with all due respect to my Muslim friends, I think they are being selfish on this hijab issue and with the way they are going about it looks like there is an ulterior motive beyond what we are seeing.

Nobody is denying the fact that it is her constitutionally guaranteed rights as enshrined in LFN, but come to think of it, what if every student that is to be called to bar starts exercising that right?? Imagine the chaos they will have.

They should not forget so soon that there are three types of religion constitutionally recognised. Not until recently did I understand that a chief priest in, "ALA OGBAGA" ( a dreaded deity in Mbaise, IMO state) is a renowned lawyer, imagine him coming to court with a white fowl dangling round his neck and rubbing one of his eyes with white chalk as he is exercising his constitutionally guarantee right, will the judge presiding over his case and the entire court room still be comfortable and in order??

The Muslim community should understand that this is about code of conduct, ethics of the profession and decorum, not about religion.

I strongly advocate that they should let this matter die down and not try to push it further as Nigerians are already long divided along religious and ethnic lines and this issue is likely to fuel the already heated polity.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
According to this Guy, m'y Guy, hé Calls thé muslim ladies for wearing their hijab being selfish, i agréé ofcos, entirely agreed, selfish for showing off tueur beatiful faces and butts, Just like his mama and very generous giving sisters. To mâke this even better, hé agréés that her right is being violated, wow, Who was that telling me how st***d ***can ne again**** just thinking.
clarocuzioo:
Sincerely speaking with all due respect to my Muslim friends, I think they are being selfish on this hijab issue and with the way they are going about it looks like there is an ulterior motive beyond what we are seeing.

Nobody is denying the fact that it is her constitutionally guaranteed rights as enshrined in LFN, but come to think of it, what if every student that is to be called to bar starts exercising that right?? Imagine the chaos they will have.

They should not forget so soon that there are three types of religion constitutionally recognised. Not until recently did I understand that a chief priest in, "ALA OGBAGA" ( a dreaded deity in Mbaise, IMO state) is a renowned lawyer, imagine him coming to court with a white fowl dangling round his neck and rubbing one of his eyes with white chalk as he is exercising his constitutionally guarantee right, will the judge presiding over his case and the entire court room still be comfortable and in order??

The Muslim community should understand that this is about code of conduct, ethics of the profession and decorum, not about religion.

I strongly advocate that they should let this matter die down and not try to push it further as Nigerians are already long divided along religious and ethnic lines and this issue is likely to fuel the already heated polity.

puting on
clarocuzioo:

thé hijab being selfish, réally, tale refuge in believing that one, you are not Nigerian, plus you must be amongst thèse enemies of islam. Bravo bra. I dint Day Christian sha ô, because most Christiane i know saw thé fault in that act. Talking about thé ôter religion with white Eyed chalk and chock, hmmmmm, maybe your Dad.
clarocuzioo:

Re: Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
According to this Guy, m'y Guy, hé Calls thé muslim ladies for wearing their hijab being selfish, i agréé ofcos, entirely agreed, selfish for showing off tueur beatiful faces and butts, Just like his mama and very generous giving sisters. To mâke this even better, hé agréés that her right is being violated, wow, Who was that telling me how st***d ***can ne again**** just thinking.
clarocuzioo:

puting on
clarocuzioo:

thé hijab being selfish, réally, tale refuge in believing that one, you are not Nigerian, plus you must be amongst thèse enemies of islam. Bravo bra. I dint Day Christian sha ô, because most Christiane i know saw thé fault in that act. Talking about thé ôter religion with white Eyed chalk and chock, hmmmmm, maybe your Dad.
clarocuzioo:

Re: Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
clarocuzioo:

puting on
clarocuzioo:

thé hijab being selfish, réally, take refuge in believing that you are not Nigerian, plus you must be amongst thèse enemies of islam. Bravo bra. I dint Day Christian sha ô, because most Christiane i know saw thé fault in that act. Talking about thé ôter religion with white Eyed chalk and chock, hmmmmm, maybe your Dad.
clarocuzioo:

Re: Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
clarocuzioo:

puting on
clarocuzioo:

thé hijab being selfish, réally, take refuge in believing that you are not Nigerian, plus you must be amongst thèse enemies of islam. Bravo bra. I dint Day Christian sha ô, because most Christiane i know saw thé fault in that act. Talking about thé ôter religion with white Eyed chalk and chock, hmmmmm, maybe your Dad.
clarocuzioo:

(1) (Reply)

Map of Efik/Calabar Territories In Akwa Ibom To Be Reclaimed By Cross River / Yoruba Elders Move To Reconcile First-class Monarch, Ooni & Estranged Wife / Heavenly Anger On Lagos (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.