Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? (8441 Views)

As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? / As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
The idea of this thread actually started here https://www.nairaland.com/4242440/atheists-win-n-20000-yuletide

I believe a lot of Christians believe BLINDLY.

There have been many instances, where doubt sprouted from reading the Bible or sitting in Church . Too many unanswered questions go unanswered and suddenly there's one less follower of Christ.

That's the case everyday, believe it or not. A whole lot of people search for answers. I'd like this thread to be a platform for questions and answers.

It shouldn't matter who asks asks the questions, Atheist, Jew, Muslim, Budhists, Christians who have been reconsidering their faith . If you aren't a Christian, who's just "following blind", you should be able to provide some answers. If you could not do this, no one would be wrong to say that you might have no idea what you are doing.

I can say from experience that a lot of (or most) Christians tend to dodge some direct questions. They either ignore them, see them as insults, or use the opportunity to let the asker know that he/she would be going to hell for asking.

This doesn't help anyone.

That said, everyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here. There is room to discuss any answers given- It's a chance to learn what other people know...or even correct people who have misunderstood something.

Please Note:
***If you are going to use Bible passages in your answers, try to explain them. Don't just drop them and think you've made your point to people. If they don't understand, they might not be convinced.

***Don't think everything is an insult. The fact that someone doesn't understand what you believe in doesn't necessarily mean they would want to insult you.

***When people still go ahead and question your answers, it also doesn't always mean they wish to insult you.

***non-biblical answers would also be good answers because not everyone thinks that the Bible is legit.

***finally, saying that a person cannot understand your answers or explanations because he/she has a hardened heart or is a child of the devil might be false. You might be the only person who understands your explanation tbh.
Above all, it doesn't help anyone. It probably only makes the devil happier since he is a bigger father than Abraham.

This could help people.

Have a good day. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by ladyF(f): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
First set of questions. These were not intended to spite anyone or God. I really wondered about these.

Please quote any question you feel you have the best answer to and respond to it.

A test layout seemed more organised to me. You can explain individual answers.

1a) Who are the actual "children" of God? (...multiple choice)
(a) the devoted followers only
(b) the partial followers and the devoted ones
(c) the People in India who grew up believeing in Krishna, a god with blue skin, gods with multiple arms (apparently they should go to hell for this)
(d) Mentally deranged ("mad" ) people
(e) all of the above, infact every human being

1b) A loving father lets his children burn in an ever-growing fire for all eternity for doing bad things. Do you think that's a fair punishment?

1c) How does spiritual paternity change? First you are a child of God, and then you when you decide to become "evil", you also become the child of the devil. This means that being a child of God is only figurative spiritually. I used to think that it was spiritually true.

2) How did Jesus really enter the story...was he created by God? Or was he also God (catholic trinity ideology) and he took part in creation? I mean before he was born of the virgin Mary...

3) About that tree in the Middle of the garden, Eden....the question is just WHY? God could have planted a mango tree, why did he plant the one that was not to be touched? And the one that could damn humanity?

3b) Maybe he did that to "fulfil" the scriptures. Did he?

3c) What really are the scriptures then ? I thought the scriptures came after the men who, sort of, documented them (this is like the egg before the chicken or the chicken before the egg)

4) Does God really like stories? [/b]because honestly, Bible stories have made some really good movies.
He knew it was ALLL going to happen. So what was his plan? did he think he'd be wrong at some point and that humans wouldn't sin anymore? HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON WOULD HAVE TO DIE AND HE KNEW IT. He let it happen. Most of his creation/children would end up in hell and he knew it. Adam and What's up with this?

5) Is God all-knowing? [b]Did he or did he not know...

(a) ...that that serpent was evil? y/n
(b) ...that Adam and Eve would eat the apple
(c) ...That his only begotten son would have to suffer and die?
(d) ...That sin would , in all honesty, be fun to commit sometimes so his creation would have to give up doing things they like
He should have known all these before he created anything. He could have spared Jesus christ all of that pain and suffering, really.

5) God is all powerful?
(a) Why didn't he crush Lucifer them one time? Instead of letting him tempt his children....
(b) In fact, he could have deleted sin from existence or made humans have no desire to sin. Why didn't he?

6a) Innocent people, children, CHRISTIANS die horribly daily. Is this his will or is he waiting for the right number of people to die before he saves his children ?

Now lets get to the smaller things
The whole contradictory book.
I don't understand how people keep reading it like it's all rosy and fine in there.

7) Does he have multiple personalities? God of love-God of war, God of vengeance-God of mercy. Vengeance and mercy stand on 2 opposite sides of the spectrum.

(8 ) Is the Bible 100% accurate? Could it really be God's or Jesus's words? Did the Matthew, Mark, Luke and John literally carry their "pen and paper" everywhere ? ...I mean you have quoted statement after quoted statement in the Bible.

10)(a) Explain God's take on rape and why I should understand it.
(b) Explain his take on me being able to sacrifice my own child willingly and blindly in obedience to him ( here I get the answer that God wouldn't give me a temptation that is too big for me. well...)

11) Do you believe that a LOOOOOOT of Christians are just afraid of hell?

12) How can you really know that Jesus spoke to you or touched you or convince someone else of it? The usual answer here, is "I just feel it", which does not convince me. I'd like a writing on the wall, or a mark on my arm. Feelings fade sometimes. If I had the writing on the wall and someone else could confirm I am not hallucinating, then that would be awesome.

13) Why does it seem like God isn't keen on saving his children from the flames of hell ? If he were we would all be saved by now, tbh. Instead, he lets people do the work, he definitely knows they won't all succeed. Even when people seek him, they don't find him, contrary to his word in Matthew 7:7 (I held on to this so much)...there have been people who sought his presence or help in their lives. MOST did not get answers....The explanation I get to this is that the people don't seek long enough... okayyyy

5 Likes

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
@ ScienceWatch @ butterflyl1on
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by zephry(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
lemme sit here and learn
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
zephry:
lemme sit here and learn

Please do grin smiley
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
(c) the People in India who grew up believeing in Krishna, a god with blue skin, gods with multiple arms (apparently they should go to hell for this)

butterflyl1on:

1 John 3 (NIV)

3 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[a] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister

1) You actually did not pick an answer. I thought you'd take either (e) or (a)

For me the passage complicated things.

2) It was taken from the book of John. Therefore, these might have been his words. Who did he mean by "we" and "us"?

3) I don't believe that anyone who lives in Christ stops sinning. I can bet that somewhere today, a true man of God just told a lie. Some of them are falling into bigger sins like adultery. Or do you mean these people are actually yet to see the or know Jesus?

It contradicts the concept of "back-sliding", where a born again christian falls into sin.
And this:

James 5:19-20New International Version (NIV)
19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

If I understood correctly, it is possible to "wander from the truth" or back-slide.

4) The son of God appeared to destroy the Devil's work but the devil's work is still everywhere. This was partial destruction?

4 Likes

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by ScienceWatch: 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
Space Booked.

3nim THE WORLD NEEDS YOU !!!!

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by festwiz(m): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
Long list of questions. No. 11 is actually correct.
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by ScienceWatch: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
Booked space 2.

This is going viral.

THE WORLD NEEDS YOU !!!

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by ScienceWatch: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
festwiz:
Long list of questions. No. 11 is actually correct.
I am hear to learn from your perspective.
Could you please be so kind as to explain why you think No 11 is correct. It is obviously an ambiguous question, so be careful.

11) Do you believe that a LOT of Christians are just afraid of hell?
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by DeSepiero(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
analize701 may give you some 'insight'.
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
1b) A loving father lets his children burn in an ever-growing fire for all eternity for doing bad things. Do you think that's a fair punishment?

butterflyl1on:

Hell was not prepared for anyone except the devil however anyone who DECIDES to live his kind of life despite knowing that God is against such automatically joins himself to the devil like an inseparable magnetic union. So where ever the devil is headed they would be too. This has absolutely nothing to do with God but everything to do with the WRONG choices made by those who rejected God and his ways. My first response already let's you know that not all creation are Gods children.

1) "...despite knowing that God is against such..."
There are so many people on earth and not all of them know what God is against, but they do it anyway. Where are they headed?

2) I think it has A LOT to do with the all-knowing God, who knew that the devil would betray him and that the Burning house of fire he built for the Devil would also house his children creation.
I mean, he knew that the devil would drag people (including those who back-slid before they died, right?) to hell ...like a magnet. Still, he gave humans freewill? He let sin be a thing? He made a tree, that would let man know what Sin actually was.? ( Can we reword that and say that God was the one who created or planted sin the way he created or planted that tree?)

Okay, so, Adam and Eve had no idea what sin was, right?...
So they couldn't sin...
So they were like God...
But they committed the sin of Disobedience?
They ate the forbidden fruit and their eyes were opened to good and evil. Evil, being the sin they could not commit, until after they had eaten the mango forbidden fruit. They sinned before they were capable of sinning....Someone should have given those 2 idiots three knocks on the head. Maybe they would have had more sense angry .

God could have even spared the devil all this burning in Hell. He COULD have because He can do all things.

See where we are now? I think it's very very twisted.

3) Yes, your reply to question one. The children of God are those who do what is right. Those who do the wrong things are NOT God's children. So we determine whether or not we want to be his Children. Well, that's Fair enough....

This is actually what my train of thought was, after I read you answer.

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Could you please be so kind as to explain why you think No 11 is correct. It is obviously an ambiguous question, so be careful.

It's actually a rather direct question. And I do believe that.
Sometimes, I think it's actually a tactic.

You ask a child if she took the chocolate. You know she lies when he says "no, I didn't".
Then you bring out the HELL card. "All Liars go to hell", you say.

Now, you can't see this, but in her head she sees herself burning and her skin melting, She's weeping and moaning and gnashing her teeth. And then daddy Satan comes with that his giant fork and his black horns and gives her that evil smile...forever and ever and ever, if she still doesn't know the meaning of "eternity".

You ask again, "did you take the chocolate?"

This time, she says "yes", and you might not understand why the tears are in her eyes.

It doesn't just happen to Children.... That child would grow to a woman and wouldn't want her own children ending up to hell.

Believe it or not. This is a case. The children ARE brainwashed. (I really mean what I say here, I don't intend to spite anyone).

A person could choose to love christ because he/she found the truth in him.
Someone else could choose to love christ because that's the only way he/she could avoid hell.
And as for my story, well, I am one of the very many girls who grew up in Christian homes.

Another story:

There used to be this evangelist, who I could envy for her determination. Before 6 am, she would be shouting the word of God close to my house (which actually became super annoying. No offence, that lady picked the worst time, messing with somebody's sleep). You know what she shouted most of the time? "Rapture is coming. It is coming. Are you ready? When the Children of God go up to Heaven, where will you be?".

I can't remember if she ever mentioned the word "Hell". But you can guess the different replies people would have to her rhetoric question:

"yes I am fine. When my God comes, I will go with him."

" Common Shut up your mouth there, I am trying to sleep"

"Haew, God, I need to give my life to Christ o. Abeg I don't want to be here when baba satan and his beasts come"

Read the last reply again.

Next time you are sitting in church, ask yourself how many people would be there had the Bilble made no reference to hell. Or if there weren't a Christian Hell in the first place. Maybe we all knew that God existed and did whatever we wanted to do because when we died...there was nothing more.

Sir, most of them would rather be "fornicating", that same Sunday morning.
Hm, Some people even think that Sin is greater when it is committed on Sunday!

I've confirmed this from church-goers.

5 Likes

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by festwiz(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
ScienceWatch:

What else is there? A lot of christians are compelled by this apparent fear that they live their lives in silent obedience. They don't question pastors/prophets/apostles/priest or their doctrines whom they believe was ordained by God for the fear that questioning such doctrines or said persons is akin to questioning God, and in doing so will reign down 'divine curses' on them.

Also, a good number of christians do good not from the depths of their hearts but for the promise of 'an eternity in Christ'. The entire idea of the religion is set on do good, heaven. Do bad, hell. It is a good idea, but it doesn't give them much of a choice now does it? It in essence robs them of any purported 'freewill'. This leads one to live his life in continuos reverence to a spiritual entity not for the love of it, but for the fear of damnation.

For the sake of comparison, it's like promising a child he will get a cookie if he does his chores and the whip if he doesn't. That child will do the chore not 'cause he wants to, but in fear of the punishment should he shun it.

These are just thoughts in my head, don't take them to heart.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by festwiz(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
3nim:

It's actually a rather direct question.
I was away for a while and didn't see this reply.

I would not have written a reply. Lol

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by ScienceWatch: 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
festwiz:

What else is there? A lot of christians are compelled by this apparent fear that they live their lives in silent obedience. They don't question pastors/prophets/apostles/priest or their doctrines whom they believe was ordained by God for the fear that questioning such doctrines or said persons is akin to questioning God, and in doing so will reign down 'divine curses' on them.

Also, a good number of christians do good not from the depths of their hearts but for the promise of 'an eternity in Christ'. The entire idea of the religion is set on do good, heaven. Do bad, hell. It is a good idea, but it doesn't give them much of a choice now does it? It in essence robs them of any purported 'freewill'. This leads one to live his life in continuos reverence to a spiritual entity not for the love of it, but for the fear of damnation.

For the sake of comparison, it's like promising a child he will get a cookie if he does his chores and the whip if he doesn't. That child will do the chore not 'cause he wants to, but in fear of the punishment should he shun it.

This are just thoughts in my head, don't take them to heart.
Awesome, very straight and unpretentious Sir. I hope you dont mind me adding color to the ideas that came out of your head. LOL. I will also keep it straight and simple.
Red color : That is rapidly changing now. The truth is out. Previously most Christians had no way of knowing if their Pastor was fake, even though they could have easily found the evidence in any one of the Holy Gospels. For hundreds of years it was planned that churches be a secular circus. No spiritual power was evident, but the innocent congregations rightfully held on to the promises of the powerful Gospels. This blame lies squarely at the feet of the spiritual leader/pastor.

Green color: On the superior spiritual side of life there is only one of two choices to make. The light or the dark. God or Satan. Good or bad. The side one chooses dictates the requirements needed to stay on that side and even go deeper.

Brown color : Punishment is used widely in nature as an essential learning tool. Because of the spiritual purity in nature animals dont respond to punishment with sulking, resentment and hatred.

Please bear with me, I have tried to follow your example and refrained from using stupid scientific bling bling. Lets keep it real.

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by butterflyl1on: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
3nim:

1) "...despite knowing that God is against such..."
There are so many people on earth and not all of them know what God is against, but they do it anyway. Where are they headed?

2) I think it has A LOT to do with the all-knowing God, who knew that the devil would betray him and that the Burning house of fire he built for the Devil would also house his children creation.
I mean, he knew that the devil would drag people (including those who back-slid before they died, right?) to hell ...like a magnet. Still, he gave humans freewill? He let sin be a thing? He made a tree, that would let man know what Sin actually was.? ( Can we reword that and say that God was the one who created or planted sin the way he created or planted that tree?)

Okay, so, Adam and Eve had no idea what sin was, right?...
So they couldn't sin...
So they were like God...
But they committed the sin of Disobedience?
They ate the forbidden fruit and their eyes were opened to good and evil. Evil, being the sin they could not commit, until after they had eaten the mango forbidden fruit. They sinned before they were capable of sinning....Someone should have given those 2 idiots three knocks on the head. Maybe they would have had more sense angry .

God could have even spared the devil all this burning in Hell. He COULD have because He can do all things.

See where we are now? I think it's very very twisted.

3) Yes, your reply to question one. The children of God are those who do what is right. Those who do the wrong things are NOT God's children. So we determine whether or not we want to be his Children. Well, that's Fair enough....

This is actually what my train of thought was, after I read you answer.

I will be back to properly respond to your comment. Today being Christmas Eve I do not have the luxury of time to be on nairaland as I should. Do not worry but we shall heal your wandering mind together scripturally smiley

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by analize701: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
DeSepiero:
analize701 may give you some 'insight'.
Sorry, I'm a Christian not a religious person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by DeSepiero(m): 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
analize701:
Sorry, I'm a Christian not a religious person.
As you please, howbeit, you can give her your Christian answers.

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by butterflyl1on: 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
Please quote my full response next time

author=3nim post=63522554]

I spent all this time editing this. The actual questions have been emboldened, the other things are just details or yarn....

A test layout seemed more organised to me. You can explain individual answers.

1 John 3 (NIV)
3 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[a] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister

Hell was not prepared for anyone except the devil however anyone who DECIDES to live his kind of life despite knowing that God is against such automatically joins himself to the devil like an inseparable magnetic union. So where ever the devil is headed they would be too. This has absolutely nothing to do with God but everything to do with the WRONG choices made by those who rejected God and his ways. My first response already let's you know that not all creation are Gods children.

1c) How can a person change his spiritual paternity? First you are a child of God, and then you when you decide to become "evil", you also become the child of the devil. This means that being a child of God is only figurative spiritually. I used to think that it was spiritually true

Refer to answer 1 above.

2) How did Jesus really enter the story...was he created by God? Or was he also God (catholic trinity ideology) and he took part in creation? I mean before he was born of the virgin Mary...

Your answer is found here. I suggest you read it slowly and ask questions if you still do not understand

John 1.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

3) About that tree in the Middle of the garden, Eden....the question is just WHY? God could have planted a mango tree, why did he plant the one that was not to be touched? And the one that could damn humanity?

Absolute love and obedience is never forced but CHOSEN out of genuine love and loyalty. For this to be seen as true, a test or tests are presented. You can view the tree as a test of loyalty and obedience. Disobedience to God brings death (this is still same as my first answer above) The tree was simply symbolic of a test since God wanted FREE WILL OBEDIENCE and not a forced one.

3c) What really are the scriptures then ? I thought the scriptures came after the men who, sort of, documented them (this is like the egg before the chicken or the chicken before the egg)

Scriptures are simply documentation of events either in real biblical timing or as history. The events happened in reality but putting them in writing made them scripture. Scripture simply means WRITING or HOLY WRITING.

4) Does God really like stories? because honestly, Bible stories have made some really good movies.
He knew it was ALLL going to happen. So what was his plan? did he think he'd be wrong at some point and that humans wouldn't sin anymore? HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON WOULD HAVE TO DIE AND HE KNEW IT. He let it happen. Most of his creation/children would end up in hell and he knew it. Adam and What's up with this?

Having free will in operation as permitted by God to man means that despite knowing the outcome of an event does not enable Him to interfere except the subject asks for intervention (also based on his free will). God is authority but still gave man some measure of authority of his own but mans authority MUST align with the authority of God even with his free will. You may find this strange and say how is it really free if I still am not allowed to choose what I want. Well the truth is that YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU DO NOT OMNISCIENT AND OMNIPOTENT. your authority is limited so the only way to ensure you live is to FREELY choose God above all else. I already told you, we are not all Gods children.

5) Is God all-knowing? Did he or did he not know...
(d) ...That sin would , in all honesty, be fun to commit sometimes so his creation would have to give up doing things they like
He should have known all these before he created anything. He could have spared Jesus christ all of that pain and suffering, really

Jesus had an assignment which had to be accomplished and he already accepted to carry it out so there was no going back regardless of how painful it would be. Besides the glory was far heavier than the suffering.

There is no fun in sin. Whoever told you this lied to you. It is only fun to a spiritually dead person and a physically alive person. Sin is of the flesh so since the flesh feeds us responses based on our senses so I understand why you made the mistake of calling it fun. It's like alcohol that gives a high (which is fun to those taking it) or cigarettes. However the manufacturers still issue warnings. THERE ARE ALWAYS AFTER EFFECTS.

5) God is all powerful?
(a) Why didn't he crush Lucifer them one time? Instead of letting him tempt his children....
(b) In fact, he could have deleted sin from existence or made humans have no desire to sin. Why didn't he?

As far as God is concerned, Satan has been dealt with but just like in the garden of Eden he had to leave him to stick around for a bit so he can be like the tree in the garden for Adam. His job is to ensure we serve God based on our free willed choice of servitute and not forced. Deleting sin is simply making us mindless robots. God wouldn't be fair on us and out loyalty wouldn't be absolute. You choose and you do.

6a) Innocent people, children, CHRISTIANS die horribly daily. Is this his will or is he waiting for the right number of people to die before he saves his children ?

You see death as gory and bad but surely you should not expect a God to see it this way especially since he is the one who made the same souls. If anyone who is truly a child of God dies then glory be to God for he has his place with God but just like I said in answer 1 if anyone who isn't God's own dies then he only has himself to blame.

I don't understand how people keep reading it like it's all rosy and fine in there.

7) Does he have multiple personalities? God of love-God of war, God of vengeance-God of mercy. Vengeance and mercy stand on 2 opposite sides of the spectrum

This simply speaks of his sovereign nature and his position of God who acts based on his capacity and his expected end and not ours. However his expected end is always pleasant for those who as his even in death. smiley.

(8 ) Is the Bible 100% accurate? Could it really be God's or Jesus's words? Did the Matthew, Mark, Luke and John literally carry their "pen and paper" everywhere ? ...I mean you have quoted statement after quoted statement in the Bible

100% accurate and no those disciples did not have to carry their writing material everywhere but of course eye witness accounts can always be written later. Or can you forget (2 months later) a memorable event that happened to you? .

What do you think his take is?

(b) Explain his take on me being able to sacrifice my own child willingly and blindly in obedience to him ( here I get the answer that God wouldn't give me a temptation that is too big for me. well...)

If you are referring to Abraham and Isaac then I suggest you read that scripture again in detail.

Are you afraid of hell? I am not and I believe many also are not.

12) How can you really know that Jesus spoke to you or touched you or convince someone else of it? The usual answer here, is "I just feel it", which does not convince me. I'd like a writing on the wall, or a mark on my arm. Feelings fade sometimes. If I had the writing on the wall and someone else could confirm I am not hallucinating, then that would be awesome

You do not understand what faith is and how it works and also that your will cannot overrule that of God so when you say how you want it then you make God your servant. God chooses how he speaks with you and not the other way round. All that is expected of you is to be able to receive from him as a purified holy vessel. Do you doubt that God can speak to you audibly?

13) Why does it seem like God isn't keen on saving his children from the flames of hell ? If he were we would all be saved by now, tbh. Instead, he lets people do the work, he definitely knows they won't all succeed. Even when people seek him, they don't find him, contrary to his word in Matthew 7:7 (I held on to this so much)...there have been people who sought his presence or help in their lives. MOST did not get answers....The explanation I get to this is that the people don't seek long enough... okayyyy

Just like your comment above about how YOU would like God to speak to you, many people ask amiss and seek God for their selfish gains. God cannot be mocked. Seek God sincerely and you will find him. Even as you type he is waiting on you.

[s]

My mistake was trying to read the Bible. Didn't he want me to understand?

I believe I've thought up more questions in my life. I only remembered these for now[/s].

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by sallyzan(f): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
Space booked
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by analize701: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
DeSepiero:

As you please, howbeit, you can give her your Christian answers.
If you read through her Op, she didn't talk about Christianity, she addressed world religions, like Islam, Chrisna and the rest.

If she was specific i could respond to her.

Every God has a name, if she is referring to YHWH or Jesus, i will come in, but until then, i wouldn't have what to say to her becos i know nothing in those religions she mentioned.

Again, she talked about hellfire and people burning eternally, i have never come across a place the Bible said YHWH created Hellfire for human beings. I saw Satan and hia demons.

is she a demon or demon possessed? If she is then she shd be afraid.

When she needs me to answer her, she knows what to do.

Merry Christmas.
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
analize701:

If you read through her Op, she didn't talk about Christianity, she addressed world religions, like Islam, Chrisna and the rest.

If she was specific i could respond to her.

Every God has a name, if she is referring to YHWH or Jesus, i will come in, but until then, i wouldn't have what to say to her becos i know nothing in those religions she mentioned.

Again, she talked about hellfire and people burning eternally, i have never come across a place the Bible said YHWH created Hellfire for human beings. I saw Satan and hia demons.

is she a demon or demon possessed? If she is then she shd be afraid.

When she needs me to answer her, she knows what to do.

Merry Christmas.

I Hope you had a very merry Christmans day.

If my post offended you in anyway, I actually didn't mean for it to.

It's all about Christianity.
Questions 2 and 12 mentioned Jesus. Question 8 mentioned the Bible.
I thought I would get more christian POV'S if I used the topic name up there.

I'm neither a demon nor am I possessed by one (or more), but there are still Christians, who are afraid of going to hell... a good number of them are children.
There are places in the Bible where it's clear that it won't just be Satan and his demons going going to Hell. I can't say much about the creation of hell.

butterflyl1on:

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Sorry about that, butterflyl1on. I did that so I could break it into segments. The very long post could seem overwhelming to some readers.

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 26, 2017
butterflyl1on, regarding this:

3nim:
1a)

3) I don't believe that anyone who lives in Christ stops sinning. I can bet that somewhere today, a true man of God just told a lie. Some of them are falling into bigger sins like adultery. Or do you mean these people are actually yet to see the or know Jesus?

It contradicts the concept of "back-sliding", where a born again christian falls into sin.
And this:

James 5:19-20New International Version (NIV)
19 My brothers and sisters,[b] if one of you should wander from the truth
and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

If I understood correctly, it is possible to "wander from the truth" or back-slide.

I forgot the Elephant example.

The man after God's heart, King David, was a terrible Back-slider. I would say he was the worst in the Bible, but if all sins truly were equal then that statement could be false.

King David just kept wandering farther away from the truth. Imagine you were living back then. He ended up getting another man's wife pregnant, and then "indirectly" killing that man, and then taking his wife. That was terrible.

David continued to sin, as though he had never seen God or known him.

butterflyl1on:

1 John 3 (NIV)
6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

But he had:

Acts 13:22 (NIV)
22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’

I've learned that He even wrote most of the Psalms

1 Like

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by sonofthunder: 4:56am On Dec 26, 2017
3nim:

The man after God's heart, King David, was a terrible Back-slider. I would say he was the worst in the Bible, but if all sins truly were equal then that statement could be false.

King David just kept wandering farther away from the truth. Imagine you were living back then. He ended up getting another man's wife pregnant, and then "indirectly" killing that man, and then taking his wife. That was terrible.

But he had:

I'm sorry to interrupt. You refer to David as the worst but how often did he sin/ backslide and did you ever stop to ask yourself what God did about it?

Also I wonder how many people you guys interview or that do confide in you before you come up with that 'hell' of a lie.

3 Likes

Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by sonofthunder: 4:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Nobody invited to this party... Too bad.
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by butterflyl1on: 7:38am On Dec 26, 2017
3nim:

But he had:

Please try and use your knowledge of English to understand some aspects of scripture alright?

You quoted the scripture I used so let me post it again

1 John 3 (NIV)
6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

The term KEEPS ON SINNING or according to King James it says CONTINUES IN SIN. It shows you that doing away with sin is a pruning process for some while for others it's immediate.

Some stop lying but still steal. Some do not lie or steal but still hate, some do not hate but still fornicate. However the moment we realize that we just sinned and we repent, then we are not expected to return TO THAT SIN.

david whose example you used has it on record that he NEVER REPEATED A SIN. Then moment he repents, he departs from it and this was why God said he was a man after his heart. Davids repentance was always a broken and a genuine one.

David NEVER KEPT WANDERING further and further from the truth as you put it but rather he drew closer to God like never before so try not to lie about scripture. It is better you say you did not research it properly or understand your research than to say "he kept wandering further from the truth " even when the Bible is freely available for you to research and see the truth in black and white about David.
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by analize701: 9:21am On Dec 26, 2017
3nim:

I Hope you had a very merry Christmans day.

If my post offended you in anyway, I actually didn't mean for it to.

It's all about Christianity.
Questions 2 and 12 mentioned Jesus. Question 8 mentioned the Bible.
I thought I would get more christian POV'S if I used the topic name up there.

I'm neither a demon nor am I possessed by one (or more), but there are still Christians, who are afraid of going to hell... a good number of them are children.
There are places in the Bible where it's clear that it won't just be Satan and his demons going going to Hell. I can't say much about the creation of hell.

Good morning. I am not offended, no am not.

i went through your Op and felt if all of us people of faith comes in there responding all at once since we were all mentioned, the place will be to noisy and crowded, hence, i decided to step back.

But if you want me to select what concerns YHWH and YASHUA in your Op, then i will do so.

And, Yes, i had a very good Christmas, and hope you did too?
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by analize701: 10:21am On Dec 26, 2017
3nim:

I believe a lot of Christians believe BLINDLY.
I think you should say what you mean by blindly.
3nim:

There have been many instances, where doubt sprouted from reading the Bible or sitting in Church . Too many unanswered questions go unanswered and suddenly there's one less follower of Christ.
You are very right about doubts springing up as a result of 'Unanswered' questions. I almost became one of those 'One-less-Christian', until i by instinct decided to read Jesus for myself. I didn't even have my own Bible, i borrowed it and i almost chewed it up literary when i encountered Jesus for myself. All my questions received answered and all my doubt dispersed.

When you make a man a Father and make God a grandfather, when you have questions that man can not answer, you'll be in the state you just described.

But when the Holy Spirit sees your yearning to know Him, He opens you up.

I knew about Meditation in New Age, i wanted the experience, i felt Christianity had no such thing, but i asked the Holy Spirit for insight to his Words and, over time the Word began to speak back to me, then i knew what meditation is and knew that the New Age meditation is a Farce.

3nim:

That's the case everyday, believe it or not. A whole lot of people search for answers. I'd like this thread to be a platform for questions and answers.
Okay then, let the questions begin.

3nim:

It shouldn't matter who asks asks the questions, Atheist, Jew, Muslim, Budhists, Christians who have been reconsidering their faith . If you aren't a Christian, who's just "following blind", you should be able to provide some answers. If you could not do this, no one would be wrong to say that you might have no idea what you are doing.
Okay.
3nim:

I can say from experience that a lot of (or most) Christians tend to dodge some direct questions. They either ignore them, see them as insults, or use the opportunity to let the asker know that he/she would be going to hell for asking
It will be nice if you do not use the 'Turn the other Cheek' Cliché to sound rude to a Christian but expect no reaction. Let's do this respectfully.
3nim:

Please Note:
***If you are going to use Bible passages in your answers, try to explain them. Don't just drop them and think you've made your point to people. If they don't understand, they might not be convinced.
Okay.
3nim:

***When people still go ahead and question your answers, it also doesn't always mean they wish to insult you.
You mean being called deluded or a fool for believing in God is not meant as an insult? Well, let my answer to that individual not consist an insult too.

3nim:

***non-biblical answers would also be good answers because not everyone thinks that the Bible is legit.

***finally, saying that a person cannot understand your answers or explanations because he/she has a hardened heart or is a child of the devil might be false. You might be the only person who understands your explanation tbh.
Above all, it doesn't help anyone. It probably only makes the devil happier since he is a bigger father than Abraham.

This could help people.

Have a good day. cheesy
The devil is a bigger bigger father to who?
Re: Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? by analize701: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2017

1c) How does spiritual paternity change? First you are a child of God, and then you when you decide to become "evil", you also become the child of the devil. This means that being a child of God is only figurative spiritually. I used to think that it was spiritually true.

4) Does God really like stories? [/b]because honestly, Bible stories have made some really good movies.

5) Is God all-knowing? [b]Did he or did he not know...

He should have known all these before he created anything. He could have spared Jesus christ all of that pain and suffering, really.

5) God is all powerful?

7) Does he have multiple personalities? God of love-God of war, God of vengeance-God of mercy. Vengeance and mercy stand on 2 opposite sides of the spectrum.

(8 ) Is the Bible 100% accurate? Could it really be God's or Jesus's words? Did the Matthew, Mark, Luke and John literally carry their "pen and paper" everywhere ? ...I mean you have quoted statement after quoted statement in the Bible.

12) How can you really know that Jesus spoke to you or touched you or convince someone else of it? The usual answer here, is "I just feel it", which does not convince me. I'd like a writing on the wall, or a mark on my arm. Feelings fade sometimes. If I had the writing on the wall and someone else could confirm I am not hallucinating, then that would be awesome.

[/quote]
3nim:

I think the first thing to do here is to specify which God You are dealing with here, as 'God' is not a name of any particular deity. All the deities have their names. I see you mention Indians and Crishna. Do they worship YHWH?
What is the name of this God pls.

BUT, let me answer from the Christian perspective.

1a. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans:8:14

What does it mean to be Led by the Spirit of God?.
To be Led by the Spirit of God means to subject your day to day life to the specification of the Word of God.

It means to have your character moulded, Actions motivated, speech inspired by the Word of God. In words and in deeds, Christ must be glorified. Your relationship with your fellowman is in love. If the Word says forgive he who wronged you, you do so, etc.

So, anyone whose life is consistent with the directives given in the word of God, is a true Son of God.

1b. Who is a devoted follower? A devoted follower of what or who? Jesus is looking for disciples not followers.

Matthew:7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The followers who have motives and hidden agendas for following, will be told ' I know you not', al though they performed miracles or magic in Yashua's name.
Yashua did not say be devoted, He said, 'If you love me, keep my commandments. Are they keeping his commandments?

b. doesn't make sense.

c. It's important you tell us if Krishna and YHWH are the same deity.

d. Mad people are demon's possessed. We saw that in cases where Jesus cast them out and restored the sanity of the victims.

Question is, how did they get to the point where demons took their bodies as host?

Two opposing spirits can't indwell one particular vessel. Demons are darkness, The Holy Spirit is light, thus, they can't take the same host as a dwelling place.

e. Every human is YHWH's creation, but not all are his children, as most are rebellious, wicked and on Satan's side.

The Lord Knows his Sheep, and he is known by his sheep.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Matthew:25:31

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Matthew:25:32

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Matthew:25:33

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Matthew:25:34.

The sheep follow and are obedient, they are the ones insulted and called names in this platform by the rebellious goats. But on this day, we shall know.

T.b.c.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happens When You're Dead? / For Atheist: Come And Tell Us How Man Came Into Existence / Proof Of Evolution: The Imperfect Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.