Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry (3451 Views)

Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? / Have Questions On Setting Up A Business/company In Rwanda? / Need A Guide On Setting Up POS Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by supernet5: 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
Good Day Great Nairalanders,

I will like to setup a block manufacturing industry around Ikorodu, i need the help of Nairalanders who have experience in this line of business about how to go about it.
I will like to know about the following
1. The equipments needed, their prices and how to procure them.
2. I will like to know the breakdown of the transactions as per cost of moulding each block and how much it can be sold.
3. I will like to know the best way to achieve the industry because i heard of local vibrated machines and Electric and i dont know which is better.

Any advice you guys give will help a brother out a lot .

Thanks and Merry Christmas in advance
Re: Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by brodalikeme(m): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
Guy, you are requesting for a business plan Ooo.
I will give you a summary of what you need and I will try to answer your questions as there arise.
The electric machine (Chinese machine) is a semi automated machine that makes neater blocks. It produces 3 nine inches and 6 six inches blocks per time. But it's quite expensive. It will cost you between 3-4 million Naira to get. While the local machine will cost you about N450k - N500k to buy.
You will need these items after you buy any of the machine of your choice and budget, Hose, Water storage tank, water pumping machine, shovels, wheel barrow and pallets.
Am assuming you have your location sorted out and have a store for your cements and equipment in place.
You asked about market and profit analysis, I won't be able to give you much details on that though I know the profit margin is usually small.
Finally, my advice to you. If you do not have a reliable source of water at your intended location, then find a new site. Water is as important to the production of blocks as cement is. Secondly, Avoid loans to set up a block industry, the business is seasonal and usually the first to take a heat when there is financial crunch. Your creditor may not understand with you. Thirdly, get a good team of experienced workers. Finally, Finally, DON'T SELL ON CREDIT, nobody should build a house without funds in place.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by babs50g: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
@brodalikeme. Your analysis is very much on point smiley@brodalikeme. Your analysis is very much on point
Re: Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by babs50g: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
@Supernet5
please go and learn about

Sensitivity analysis
Scenario analysis
profit analysis
and other capital budgeting techniques. it goes a long way to serve as a guide.
Re: Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by babs50g: 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
@Op . Dont sell on credit and you should never take a loan to start business ..
He who go borrowing, go sorrowing.
Re: Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by akeensbussy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
I will advice that u start moulding with hands the. switch to machine later..
this will guild you.
Re: Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by supernet5: 11:25am On Dec 25, 2017
Thanks so very much my people, i appreciate the advice given. I will do as you guys adviced. Thanks once again i really appreciate
Re: Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry by joeyreports: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2020

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Steemit.com [the Social Media That Pays / What Business Can I Startup With #200,000? / Breaking: Bill Gates Advocating For Mass Gathering (church,etc) To Never Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.