Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House (2828 Views)

Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by NnamdiChidi(m): 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
Please can u spend this xmas season in ur inlaw's house as a man. U go chop three times a day n also sleep there 4 some days. Merry Christmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Evacroft: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
Yes i can, let me see the newspaper outlet that will carry it as front page news.
Sleep if u want to, only tradional pple take this things to be a big deal;especially when they are not boxed up.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by yvesboss(m): 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
I am having that issue with my Fiancee and i say it is not good..it portrays the man of less value to the in laws. *my thoughts though*

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:49am On Dec 25, 2017
nothing wrong with the act...you spend some days with her family, and some days at your family's house... OR this year at her family's house, next year at yours. et voila!

some men will never succeed in life because they are driven by misplaced ego.

16 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Kseafresh: 2:22am On Dec 25, 2017
Don't mind the guy above me.... it's wrong pls.... before you know it ,you start washing plates

15 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:33am On Dec 25, 2017
some men, like the above poster, are so self centered, and will always be failed parents.

your kids needs to go to BOTH their grandparents home to spend xmas.... so some days you stay at one family, and at the other family on other days.
the minute anyone sees anything remotely wrong with sleeping at an in law's place or eating their food, then i suggest that deluded person to get a brain, and remove that misplaced ego from their life.

if you are not willing to ACCEPT or spend family time at each in laws, then you certainly aint ready for marriage and/or having children.

#dysfunctionalNigerians

14 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Lexusgs430: 2:34am On Dec 25, 2017
NnamdiChidi:
Please can u spend this xmas season in ur inlaw's house as a man. U go chop three times a day n also sleep there 4 some days. Merry Christmas

The best thing to do is, spend the whole day with them. But when it's time to rest your eyes, just go and sleep in your already booked hotel................

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The best thing to do is, spend the whole day with them. But when it's time to rest your eyes, just go and sleep in your already booked hotel................
dats rubbish bro,are they nt ur family too?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Lexusgs430: 4:02am On Dec 25, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
dats rubbish bro,are they nt ur family too?

This is what I would do...... One's man's rubbish is another's principle..........

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:55am On Dec 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

This is what I would do...... One's man's rubbish is another's principle..........

would you also do the same when you and your family visit YOUR parent's home?!

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Lexusgs430: 4:56am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

would you also do the same when you and your family visit YOUR parent's home?!

100%
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:
100%

fair enough
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Richy4(m): 5:12am On Dec 25, 2017
If there's no cordial relationship between you and your in-laws then it will be awkward...

But in a situation where they take you as their son, and look at you as if you were the one that hung the moon, then u got nothing to fear after all, it's just a one night or two days thing..

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by punisha: 6:53am On Dec 25, 2017
if u got the coolest in-laws....sleep away! trust me, they'd love to entertain their in-law they hold in high esteem (unless ur an asssshole) if ur in-laws are far from being cool, abort mission!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by shevon: 7:50am On Dec 25, 2017
I fail to see the issue here. Like someone already mentioned, except you are not in good standing with them or the house is not conducive/big enough to accommodate you all, I see no big deal in sleeping over at ones parent in-laws'.
Imagine the roles were reversed, your daughter marries and has kids, then she comes into town with her husband and kids; meanwhile, you have a large house that can take everyone and you don't have any issues whatsoever with them, how would you feel if they stay a while, up and go sleep in a hotel?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by donbuchi1(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

This is what I do and would always recommend same.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by NnamdiChidi(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2017
Mydn44 n LaLastica pls front page
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by gidjah(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2017
Hmmmmm my in-laws na very comfortable people, the man na Don for north,staying d holidays at their place is on a green card any day any time. As a matter of fact, I have an already furnished apartment in his pent house.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by benzion72(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2017
If you marry a lady whose father has a lot of wealth overtime is it proper to spend from your wifey inheritance.

To my mind I see it as african mentality. Where in other clime hubby work as employee of the father inlaw and some take over the inlaw business

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by NnamdiChidi(m): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2018
benzion72:
If you marry a lady whose father has a lot of wealth overtime is it proper to spend from your wifey inheritance.

To my mind I see it as african mentality. Where in other clime hubby work as employee of the father inlaw and some take over the inlaw business
lol
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Gloryr: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
some men, like the above poster, are so self centered, and will always be failed parents.

your kids needs to go to BOTH their grandparents home to spend xmas.... so some days you stay at one family, and at the other family on other days.
the minute anyone sees anything remotely wrong with sleeping at an in law's place or eating their food, then i suggest that deluded person to get a brain, and remove that misplaced ego from their life.

if you are not willing to ACCEPT or spend family time at each in laws, then you certainly aint ready for marriage and/or having children.

#dysfunctionalNigerians

First of all you are a siiilyy overgrown fooool.....small thing you have started hurling invectives.....you are a mega failure if you cannot have a sane discussion without insults.

@Op...i personally will not do it....the law of see finish will definitely come into play.....there has to be a little bit of mystery about a man....dont abuse that mystery.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Bigsteveg(m): 3:34am On Jan 04, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
nothing wrong with the act...you spend some days with her family, and some days at your family's house... OR this year at her family's house, next year at yours. et voila!

some men will never succeed in life because they are driven by misplaced ego.
How will you go to your in laws house and start sleeping there?
How old are you?
Contribute later when u are of age pls.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Bigsteveg(m): 3:37am On Jan 04, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

#dysfunctionalNigerians

I think you are the deluded person that need to get a brain.
The question is can you as a husband/father go to your inlaw house and sleep there for 2/3 days not the children.
na wah o
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Bigsteveg(m): 3:41am On Jan 04, 2018
Gloryr:

First of all you are a siiilyy overgrown fooool.....small thing you have started hurling invectives.....you are a mega failure if you cannot have a sane discussion without insults.

@Op...i personally will not do it....the law of see finish will definitely come into play.....there has to be a little bit of mystery about a man....dont abuse that mystery.
God bless you, i was beginning to wonder the kind of kids contributing to this post.
When they come of age, they'll have a rethink.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by jaychubi: 6:06am On Jan 04, 2018
NnamdiChidi:

Anything more than a night is for weaklings not a man, if u make urself rice even children will scatter u on the ground. It's best never to sleep there but a night max at worst
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
Gloryr:

No mind that over grown baby

You know people from dysfunctional home with the way and manner they haul insults in the public. Rather than making his points, the nonsense decides to show that he lacked good home training
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by LesbianBoy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2018
Over familiarity breeds contempt. So no i will not. Thank you.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Antina(f): 4:50am On Jan 05, 2018
Lexusgs430:

That is the real thing!! cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable For A Man To Sleep In His Inlaw's House by Lexusgs430: 4:54am On Jan 05, 2018
Antina:

That is the real thing!! cheesy

It sure is..........

(1) (Reply)

Pure Natural Sex Booster / Kiddies Wears For Sales / CLASSIC SHOES FOR MEN. ONLY 42 AND 43 IS AVAILABLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.