Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life (1103 Views)

See The Hot Dog I Was Served In A Calabar Restaurant LMAO / LMAO!! Nigeria English Graduate Grateful After Collecting His NCE Result [pic] / LMAO! When The Bride Is Tired Of Waiting For The Groom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by gamelove: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2017
I can’t wait to ruin your childhood memories!!
Everyone waxes nostalgic when they remember their childhoods. If you had a bad childhood, don’t worry I’m about to ruin the ones of those that had good ones.
Growing up in Naija, we had some songs we’ve been singing since we were toddlers. We learnt these songs and joined the multitude that has been singing it wrong for ages.
Here are some songs that many Nigerians have been singing wrong since they were kids:

1. Sandalili Sandalili
Every primary school child from the 90’s knows this song. We sang it and we were proud. But did you know we’ve been singing it all wrong since time immemorial?
Correct: Standard living, standard living.
I wonder how we made the jump from standard living to sandalili.

2. The most excellency is Jesus
This is another song many Christians sing. I bet you will hear this when you go to church on Sunday. The correct wording is:
Correct: The most excellent king is Jesus.

3. Jangilova epo motor
This was another favourite of us when it comes to playing games. I wonder where we got Jangilova when it is:
Jingle over like a motor

4. Osingo Osingo, Praise the Lord
This song is actually “O sing my soul, praise the Lord”. But as Nigerians, we have invented our own version lol.

HOPE I DIDN’T RUIN SO MUCH OF WHAT YOU KNOW?

http://www.seegist.com.ng/2017/12/lmao-see-4-nigerian-songs-youve-been.html?m=1
Re: LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Kenzico(m): 8:05am On Dec 26, 2017
cry
Re: LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Davido324(m): 8:07am On Dec 26, 2017
NA WA
Re: LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Funky123(f): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2017
Maybe i should write dis down cos before you know it i don forget........

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If These People Wish You Happy Easter Will You Respond PHOTOS / This Is So Me! / Top 22 Funniest Names Of Places

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.