Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA (943 Views)

ACA-A-THON: FUOYE Lecturer, Joshua Hassan Tries To Break Guinness World Record / Pleas Help My Admission Is About To Be Forfeited / Please I Don't Want To Forfeit My Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2017
after years in search of admission into uniben I decided to write the ICAN ATS exam,which I cleared all my papers from Ats1-3 at a time. I was inducted and given AAT which i could use to write just 9papers at the professional stage skills and professional and attain ACA which I can then use to run my bsc at any private school of my choice.
I was also admitted into unilag to study insurance.

the problem is how will I be efficient and effective in my choosing career
should I just continue my Ican and forfeit the admission, should I pause the Ican and pursue a good degree in unilag then run the ICAN once am through
or should I run the two at a time all things been equal I will get charted at 100l second semester then participate fully with school activities while searching for part time job that can boost my experience .
although age isn't in my side am 22yr

I will be pleased if your candid opinion is backed up with reasons
thanks
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by AntiWailer: 8:26am On Dec 26, 2017
Do the 2 together.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2017
my brother is saying it will be crazy for me to do the two cause of stress and having no time for school activities
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by blessedvisky(m): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
itskindu:
my brother is saying it will be crazy for me to do the two cause of stress and having no time for school activities
If you can, defer The unilag program
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by OkunrinMeta: 12:49am On Dec 27, 2017
itskindu:

Your brother is lazy. People with demanding full time job write ICAN and pass. Many people have completed it while still in school.

You know what you need to do.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Your brother is lazy. People with demanding full time job write ICAN and pass. Many people have completed it while still in school.

You know what you need to do.

thank you sir ...... that was my initial plan. cause even if am going to forfeit the admission I can't just stay at home, I will be working at the same time writing the exam which is technically the same thing with going to school and writing. moreover I have friends who are in school writing it and passing all papers.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by OkunrinMeta: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
itskindu:

thank you sir ...... that was my initial plan. cause even if am going to forfeit the admission I can't just stay at home, I will be working at the same time writing the exam which is technically the same thing with going to school and writing. moreover I have friends who are in school writing it and passing all papers.

You are right. I have a demanding full time job and I write exams. In Nigeria, many employers look for any excuse to offer you less money. And your bsc certificate is the minimum requirement for most jobs, and having the cert is often non-negotiable in Nigeria. It wont matter that you can do everything someone with a bsc. can do. Your ican will be something extra to give you an edge.

You are older and obviously more matured than the average undergraduate. You understand that you have exactly 4 years before you can't apply for many graduate trainee jobs. So with this plan, you can be aca and a graduate in 4 years, and you can apply to big fours or a bank easily - Something you cannot do without bsc. This is obviously better than starting ican in four years.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA by itskindu: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
thank you sir..... will work on your advice I look forward to your response on other issues that that are not clear to me
thanks for your candid advice

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre 2017/2018 Admission Thread Guide / NASU Update.. / Dr Sanusi Momodu Jimah Becomes The Rector Of Federal Polytechnic Auchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.