Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. (67153 Views)

I Need Any One Of These Devices Samsung Note 9, S10, S10+ / These Guys Are Thieves... Nairaland Should Stop Running Ads For Them / Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by SweetJoystick(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2017
Blackberry users, fear not. Just download the apk version of whatsapp on your phone and you will be able to use whatsapp still after 31st of December.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by Harrynight(m): 7:56am On Dec 27, 2017
thats how they will render my BB useless
angry
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by brownhawk: 8:00am On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=Abiodunspectre post=63629138]You people should leave blackberry and switch to low budget Android devices like tecno spark.How much is techno spark?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by paidangel: 8:02am On Dec 27, 2017
Naija mentality.
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by tpapi: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2017
normal empty threats na
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by bigpicture001: 8:08am On Dec 27, 2017
crowds of young gals still heavily bought the Nokia fone then without watsap..nd adapted to it..watsap is not a very big tin to all ma online activities. I will only change ma z10 wen I feel like it nd not wen mark wants me to.cuz he doesn't pay my bill. again ryt away am off to download my ever trusted BlackBerry msgenger,the world must not be tied to just one choice ; the existence of Samsung in spite of the popularity of I phone

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by edupedia: 8:08am On Dec 27, 2017
Luizkid:
They've got peeps addicted to the app now they can tell u to switch phone if they so desire. I feel they should upgrade but leave the old devices with the old features.

....check WhatsApp.com for related message or notice...they have said don't pay attention to any write-up or info u don't see on their website...
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2017
unnecessary brouhaha.

whatsapp apk works on BB10 phones, so what's are we all fussing about?

life must go on.
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by kingdenny(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2017
Whatsapp dey make me laugh, I am already in through the back door. My whatsapp isn't going to stop by 31st Dec on my BlackBerry
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by ojonugba2014(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2017
i reserved my comments
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by pasol4real(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2017
venoc200:
lol...be consoling yourself there,it stopped working on symbian phones earlier this year and i don't see any reason why they won't stop it on blackberry phones...life without whatsapp is almost meaningless, i have been through it b4 blv me...go get yourself a better phone
Hian,
Kids shud Not be in this Forum.

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by Nasir123(m): 8:11am On Dec 27, 2017
venoc200:
lol...be consoling yourself there,it stopped working on symbian phones earlier this year and i don't see any reason why they won't stop it on blackberry phones...life without whatsapp is almost meaningless, i have been through it b4 blv me...go get yourself a better phone

"Life without WhatsApp is almost meaningless"
I thinks you're addicted to it. Thats not a good sine.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by oodua1stson: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2017
chloride6:
They wont, they say the same thing every year...

If they try it, other apps will take their market share....

Finish sad
yes, they have been saying the same thing. But what market share does blackberry os 10 devices and windows mobile devices have?

As sad as it sounds, even BlackBerry have ditched their own operating system. What makes you think developers would persist?

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by Pidginwhisper: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2017
venoc200:
if na the kind life wey you dey live be this, it means your life is almost meaningless trutru

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by officialfysh(m): 8:21am On Dec 27, 2017
Nairaland too should stop working on some phones come 2018
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 27, 2017
venoc200:

speak for yourself...dont let technology dictate what live should give you.. its meaningless in itself

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by Lucifer1419: 8:21am On Dec 27, 2017
kingdenny:
Whatsapp dey make me laugh, I am already in through the back door. My whatsapp isn't going to stop by 31st Dec on my BlackBerry
. Pls how did you do it through the back dor teach me
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by DTalented(m): 8:22am On Dec 27, 2017
Someone should explain the part they talked about 2.3 and 2020
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by ritababe(f): 8:27am On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=brownhawk post=63642467][/quote]
32000#
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by basmur(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2017
why will a msg application be dictating the type of phone am to use...it sounds annoying. After you ve sucessfully cripple 2go and others.

Who is even begging them before.
!!! Whatsapp pls stop the your app on those devices and give room new msg application for them!!

Atleast 20million from your billion users shud nt have much effect!!
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by basmur(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2017
bigpicture001:
crowds of young gals still heavily bought the Nokia fone then without watsap..nd adapted to it..watsap is not a very big tin to all ma online activities. I will only change ma z10 wen I feel like it nd not wen mark wants me to.cuz he doesn't pay my bill. again ryt away am off to download my ever trusted BlackBerry msgenger,the world must not be tied to just one choice ; the existence of Samsung in spite of the popularity of I phone

so on point bro....how will one msg application be telling what kind of phone am to use...it make no sense.
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by Aeontk(m): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
All you people should dump all this phone and buy low budget device like Phantom 8
If phantom 8 is low budget device which one is now the high budget devices.
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by plasay: 8:43am On Dec 27, 2017
Glad, let go there CRACKERS! (Ode chi) fear No app.!
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by basmur(m): 8:44am On Dec 27, 2017
oodua1stson:
yes, they have been saying the same thing. But what market share does blackberry os 10 devices and windows mobile devices have?

As sad as it sounds, even BlackBerry have ditched their own operating system. What makes you think developers would persist?

he is probably not talking about dose phone o.s, he is referring to other third party msg mobile app.

Whatsapp shud not mke it look as if those phone os has lonng been outdated and no more useful.
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by sincere22k(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2017
Unfortunately it had already stopped working on BlackBerry 10 OS like a month ago
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by godofuck231: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2017
chloride6:
They wont, they say the same thing every year...

If they try it, other apps will take their market share....

Finish sad
in one month I've had obe 100 invites on bbm
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by oodua1stson: 8:55am On Dec 27, 2017
basmur:

he is probably not talking about dose phone o.s, he is referring to other third party msg mobile app.

Whatsapp shud not mke it look as if those phone os has lonng been outdated and no more useful.
let's be real for once. When it comes to instant messaging, WhatsApp is king. I don't see any app dethroning them in the nearest future
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2017
Team telegram

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by basmur(m): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2017
oodua1stson:
let's be real for once. When it comes to instant messaging, WhatsApp is king. I don't see any app dethroning them in the nearest future

No doubt they are the best on ground at moment. Let them make the wrong move and watch how they will be affected. They are not the first,and probably wont be the last. So i dnt agree with ur last statement..
i dnt agree with your last statement..

Come to think of it bro!!
You are using a phone that you are so familair with it specs. You re so used to it and like its functionanlities...all of a sudden, ONE of the third party app you download and installed be telling you they will no longer provide ur fone with their resources. Either you ugrade ur o.s or or get another high spec fone!!
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by bigpicture001: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2017
basmur:

so on point bro....how will one msg application be telling what kind of phone am to use...it make no sense.
av just sent a broadcast msg to all ma watsap contact,informing them b4hand.nd requesting they add me up on BlackBerry messages if they think ma conversation is worth it..nd if some don't, their luck we chat less.av got massive response
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. by kristlasn: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2017
BB Q10 could use android' whatssapp APK, I am even using the two whatssapp versions (bb and android) on my phone at the moment. So if u are planning on dumping your bb with os 10, give me a holla!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Official Discussion Thread / SONY Xperia Phones Discussion Thread / GLO New Cheap Data Plans & Prices (2GB For N1,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.