Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why Is Nairaland Not Adding New Features And Changing It’s Interface? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Is Nairaland Not Adding New Features And Changing It’s Interface? (589 Views)

Snapchat Plus Users Get Four New Features. / The 5 Steps To Adding PHP Cat Paypal Integration To Your Website / New Features Every Car Should Have. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nairaland Not Adding New Features And Changing It’s Interface? by Venerable612(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2017
I have been on Nairaland for some years now. Interestingly, close to nothing has changed.

Facebook has over the years changed immensely, constantly adding new features to appeal its users.

Given that Nairaland doesn’t have the resources and access to funds, which Facebook does, little changes and upgrades commensurate to with the available resources - to make it more engaging - could still be introduced.

Tech firms have to continue to innovate to stay relevant, expand, and attract investment. Floating won’t be totally bad - although, not necessary if it doesn’t align with the goals of the organisation.

I am not a tech guy... buh I would love to see new features added to Nairaland. It’s our dear tech site... it’s the largest... and rightly should compete with the best over the world.

#Just saying.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Not Adding New Features And Changing It’s Interface? by bigtt76(f): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2017
What new features are you thinking of? The current Nairaland interface is minimalist and helps ensure that it loads faster than others (even Facebook).

The more features you add to a platform like NL, the more you're adding to its loading time on the poorest of all internet access.

Venerable612:
I have been on Nairaland for some years now. Interestingly, close to nothing has changed.

Facebook has over the years changed immensely, constantly adding new features to appeal its users.

Given that Nairaland doesn’t have the resources and access to funds, which Facebook does, little changes and upgrades commensurate to with the available resources - to make it more engaging - could still be introduced.

Tech firms have to continue to innovate to stay relevant, expand, and attract investment. Floating won’t be totally bad - although, not necessary if it doesn’t align with the goals of the organisation.

I am not a tech guy... buh I would love to see new features added to Nairaland. It’s our dear tech site... it’s the largest... and rightly should compete with the best over the world.

#Just saying.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Not Adding New Features And Changing It’s Interface? by Donald3d(m): 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2017
Venerable612:

#Just saying.
I think its ok the way it is (I am a programmer) , its not everytime you overbloat a site or app with "unnecessary features"
Or do you have an idea of an addition , you can share it
Re: Why Is Nairaland Not Adding New Features And Changing It’s Interface? by hidhrhis(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
I love nairaland the way it is
I can proof it to u one million times how nairaland is better than Facebook if u are in front of me with 5 blows and 6 slap

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help / How To Obtain And Check The Registration Status Of Your Permanent Voter's Card ( / The Lunar Eclispe Has Started & The Red Moon Is Visible! Share Your Images Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.