Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley (852 Views)

Manchester United Vs Burnley 2-2 - Highlights & Goals (download Video) / DOWNLOAD MP4: Arsenal Vs Burnley 3-1 All Goals & Highlight EPL (22/12/2018) / Man Utd Striker Romelu Lukaku Flashes Christmas Pants Vs Burnley (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 5:03am On Dec 27, 2017
We welcomed Burnley to Old Trafford on boxing day, and it turned out to be an occasion for giving gifts away. Santa really went to town on these ones, first a third minute goal mouth scramble fired in by Barnes after a botched clearance, followed by a delicious free kick by Defour in the 36th minute. Burnley went into the break two nil up, giving credence to their bid for a European spot. Manchester United must have been reeling having been dealt these blows and two substitutions at the beginning of the second half changed the games complexion, as Mhikitaryan and Jesse Lingard replaced Ibrahimovic and Marcus Rojo respectively. The tide changed visibly with United bossing it right from the restart, substitute Lingard scored his first with a delightfully flicked back heel, (oh my God but can he score the hard goals?!) and his second came in the first minute of added time with a volley into the bottom corner.
It would be fair to say that we deserved the point and more as reward for our Jekyll and Hyde performance, choose who you will. However dropping another two points didn't do us any favours in a title race which seems conclusively over, the fact made even more painful due to the dropped points at the Kings power stadium, where we were undone by a last minute equaliser.
Lingard was my man of the match bringing much pace and aggression into our play, his well taken goals were a boost for a player who is having the season of his career so far. A good run in the first team has done him a world of good, and performances like this will only serve to cement his standing even further. He is also a very willing worker who does a good job of tracking and closing down passing lanes from the front.
Young was just behind him in terms of contribution, almost bagging two assists and putting in some delicious crosses which were not properly dispatched.
Mata was given room to work his magic, roaming into dangerous spaces, orchestrating things in tandem with the two substitutes. However the final balls and finishing was lacking from a player who got two goals in the last match.
Luke Shaw should definitely start on the left in the absence of Valencia, leaving Ashley Young to play on the right. He provided width on the left putting in some nice crosses or at least winning some corners and generally bombing up and down his area of the pitch. I wouldn't have missed Young even if he was not on the other side causing havoc. I definitely think Shaw's performances has elevated him above Blind and Darmian in the pecking order.
The midfield pairing of Pogba and Matic did a great job in the middle of the pitch. Pogba had a good game getting a few shots away on goal, including one which just went wide in the first half, and a free kick which didn't dip on time. He tackled and pulled off pieces of skill from a seemingly bottomless bag of tricks. Matic on the other hand was the more conservative half in this partnership, mopping up in front of the defence and behind Pogba, playing in defence with the change in formation second half, and still finding the energy to drive forward.
Don't get me wrong, highlighting these stand out performers doesn't mean we didn't just throw away two points, and it could have been worse. But there is a marked difference between this and last season, one that will most likely be judged inconsequential in the face of Manchester City's juggernaut like run. Mourinho has asked for backing in the transfer market, and I feel he should be backed completely over the next two windows so we can bring in players of the requisite quality to hopefully contest for the league next term. Next we host Southampton hoping we can sign out with a win to end the year.

Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 5:08am On Dec 27, 2017
Donaldduke2019 hardon monolisa185 desquad bmvees Alexchubee Apcmyheart bettercreature ammyluv2002 Crownadex ekhai aieromon Dominique Lesbianboy jusmudi gentle136 Lesbianboy hardon kyase monolisa185 seunny4lif desquad andrewfarms Tvegas hardeycute seunny4lif Proudlyngwa youdondeymad sirfee Geestunnar Ivanlxi don4yeHERSLEY Lily4star Khutie Bibidear dfrost Keneking tripoli007 greatmarshall lomprico ztanleechima Tychamps oluwaseyi000 tolufase zinachidi Ivanlxi arejibadz myners007 jtigwell0 lalasticlala RRWraith Kabeeru abeliver Maximus85 Adaumunocha ibolomo CrEaToRmaldenKingLennon iamharkinwaley mansakhalifa Omobolajiatanda Lh19 HamiidLyon chawtinz xynerise Nelsizzy architectHUrSH ottohan richybankx enemyofprogress KingLennon habbyy03 chiiraq802 akeeen haywhy28 HzRF Victornezzar szen offishialpablo ekhai nogoodadvice Dabossman iamharkinwaley EverGlorious CaptPlanet kstyle2 annie74 CecyAdrian creamylicious allylic uzoexcel Evaberry jennybarbie

Abeg make Una help a brother out. First attempt at this keep d criticism constructive grin
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by 2best(m): 5:48am On Dec 27, 2017
Inasmuch we are 12 points behind city, i still think our manager's approach to some games is what seems to be our greatest undoing this season. Our squad is decent enough.
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by sirfee(m): 6:39am On Dec 27, 2017
aytigidz433:
Donaldduke2019 hardon monolisa185 desquad bmvees Alexchubee Apcmyheart bettercreature ammyluv2002 Crownadex ekhai aieromon Dominique Lesbianboy jusmudi gentle136 Lesbianboy hardon kyase monolisa185 seunny4lif desquad andrewfarms Tvegas hardeycute seunny4lif Proudlyngwa youdondeymad sirfee Geestunnar Ivanlxi don4yeHERSLEY Lily4star Khutie Bibidear dfrost Keneking tripoli007 greatmarshall lomprico ztanleechima Tychamps oluwaseyi000 tolufase zinachidi Ivanlxi arejibadz myners007 jtigwell0 lalasticlala RRWraith Kabeeru abeliver Maximus85 Adaumunocha ibolomo CrEaToRmaldenKingLennon iamharkinwaley mansakhalifa Omobolajiatanda Lh19 HamiidLyon chawtinz xynerise Nelsizzy architectHUrSH ottohan richybankx enemyofprogress KingLennon habbyy03 chiiraq802 akeeen haywhy28 HzRF Victornezzar szen offishialpablo ekhai nogoodadvice Dabossman iamharkinwaley EverGlorious CaptPlanet kstyle2 annie74 CecyAdrian creamylicious allylic uzoexcel Evaberry jennybarbie

Abeg make Una help a brother out. First attempt at this keep d criticism constructive grin
Good analysis,the team current form is poor,I want Mourinho to sign 2/3 players during the January transfer window.

GGMU
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2017
2best:
Inasmuch we are 12 points behind city, i still think our manager's approach to some games is what seems to be our greatest undoing this season. Our squad is decent enough.

I agree with you that our manager is a tad too conservative for my liking, but I also think the squad is overachieving as it is. With key additions over d transfer windows if backed financially Mourinho can be given the Chan to properly challenge city using the right tools.
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 9:47am On Dec 27, 2017
sirfee:
Good analysis,the team current form is poor,I want Mourinho to sign 2/3 players during the January transfer window.

GGMU

Thanks. I guess central midfield, winger and wondering why we didn't go for fabinho last summer? But all these are targets who won't move or would attract astronomical fees in order to prise them from their respective clubs mid season, if you're going for those with sufficient quality. With Mourinho's track record, make d money available and he'll get u quality, guess the glazers have been bitten once too often ( moyes, LVG).
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by dfrost: 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
sirfee:

GGMU

sirfee, there is high possiblity that JM will leave Old Trafford soon. When even he starts whining, know there is a problem. If PSG fails to lift the Champions League, Emery will be fired and JM might move to France.

Signing 2-3 players is not the problem. Tactics is. Mou failed to adapt and it's haunting him. I'm getting worried and agitated by the day. This same set of players were the same ones on the winning streak. Something happened and Mou needs to figure out quickly.
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
dfrost:

sirfee, there is high possiblity that JM will leave Old Trafford soon. When even he starts whining, know there is a problem. If PSG fails to lift the Champions League, Emery will be fired and JM might move to France.

Signing 2-3 players is not the problem. Tactics is. Mou failed to adapt and it's haunting him. I'm getting worried and agitated by the day. This same set of players were the same ones on the winning streak. Something happened and Mou needs to figure out quickly.

As to him leaving who could be contenders to take over? Personally I'd take pochettino. Mourinho is a very good tactician and assuming he has lost it is a bit premature. I don't think he trusts the players he has available in most positions, hence his safety first conservatism. Give him the right tools and watch him rip the PL apart
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by dfrost: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
aytigidz433:

As to him leaving who could be contenders to take over? Personally I'd take pochettino. Mourinho is a very good tactician and assuming he has lost it is a bit premature. I don't think he trusts the players he has available in most positions, hence his safety first conservatism. Give him the right tools and watch him rip the PL apart

Poch? Of all people? I rest my case. You want to take Man U back to the era of that Fergie's village brother abi? Kontinu
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
dfrost:

Poch? Of all people? I rest my case. You want to take Man U back to the era of that Fergie's village brother abi? Kontinu

As I started with choice is personal. Who'd u suggest?
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by sirfee(m): 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
dfrost:

Signing 2-3 players is not the problem. Tactics is. Mou failed to adapt and it's haunting him. I'm getting worried and agitated by the day. This same set off players were the same ones on the winning streak. Something happened and Mou needs to figure out quickly.
You made a good point.Let's watch as things unfold in the coming weeks.
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by sirfee(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2017
aytigidz433:

I don't think Pocchettino is the right man for the job,we need a top class coach. Pocchettino is good but we need a better coach with experience.
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by dfrost: 7:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
aytigidz433:

As I started with choice is personal. Who'd u suggest?

Carlo Ancelotti because he's the only top coach out of a job right now. No other person fits the bill currently.
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
dfrost:

Carlo Ancelotti because he's the only top coach out of a job right now. No other person fits the bill currently.

Would he survive at manutd of today? I cannot remember him being a transfer guru which is exactly what manutd needs now with d glazers unwilling to spend big, thanks to lvg for all d rubbish he bought. He'd be too short term also.
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 9:36am On Dec 28, 2017
semid4lyfe
honeric01
lalasticlala
seun
mynd44
grin wink
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
We Are A Big Club With A Team Of Low Quality. Mourinho Should Buy Quality Players
Re: Ayti's POV: Manchester United Vs Burnley by aytigidz433(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
chidexnwa:
We Are A Big Club With A Team Of Low Quality. Mourinho Should Buy Quality Players

Totally agree with you. Hence Mourinho's well timed rant in his post match conference, lets c d response of the club in the upcoming transfer window(s).

(1) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey Gives Messi An High Praise / IPL 2018 Official Theme Song Mp3 Lyrics Download Watch Online Streaming / Gianni Infantino:world Cup Expansion To 48 Teams Feasible In The Gulf State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.