Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,051 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

A Review Of B.o.c's Latest E.p Ra'ayi (by Music Analyst) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Review Of B.o.c's Latest E.p Ra'ayi (by Music Analyst) (484 Views)

Why You Should Not Miss The Island Biggest Pool Party By Music Revolution Naija / Party Jam Another New Wave By Music Star ''princesleek" / Beyonce Features Wizkid In Her New E.P? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Review Of B.o.c's Latest E.p Ra'ayi (by Music Analyst) by shiyorthaboss(m): 7:43am On Dec 27, 2017
The popular hausa rapper (or rather, EngHausa Rapper) from the north decided to drop an E.P which addresses the different opinion of fans towards his type of music. The body of work carries 12 entirely new songs with a handful of features. below is a track by track analyses of the E.P

1. FANS
On this one, the rapper appreciates his fans for the unending love and support they show to him on a daily basics. As usual, he puts on an A-game.
TRACK RATING: 9/10

2. HAKIN MU
B.O.C addresses the present hardship in the country. Again, putting on an A-game
TRACK RATING: 10/10

3. 50N
This one addresses the habit of bride taking by the Nigerian Police and every other person who does bride. He goes hard on how low people go for a little token instead of thanking God for what they have.

4. PRETENCE
Addressing the liverless youths out there, BOC advices the youths out there to grow some balls and go for that partner they want.

5. RA'AYI
And unto the main track on the EP, BOC addresses issues of fans asking him to switch to english rap to build more fanbase, He tries to explain that he raps in every language he speaks. And from the look of things, HAUSA RAP JUST STARTED.
TRACK RATING: 8/10

6. RIDE OR DIE
First love song on the EP. Not a bad piece, but personally i dont think this one should have made it to this EP.
TRACK RATING: 4/10

7. TAKING SHOTS
Back on track, BOC gives himself some deserved credit for everything he is doing. But i think he could have done more on this one.
TRACK RATING: 7/10

8. BENCHMARK FT CMAN
Cman did justice to this track. Personally i think he did more on this one than BOC
TRACK RATING: 6/10

9. JIJIGA FT CINO
Wackesrt piece on this piece of work.On its own would have been a good single, but on this story telling EP? I dont think so.
TRACK RATING: 4/10

10. RARE SAMPLES FT LEMUELKNIGHT
A proper rap song even JAY-Z would be proud of.
TRACK RATING: 7/10

11. CI GABA ft SMARTBTRAMS
Another very good piece, but would have been better without the featured artist.
TRACK RATING: 6/10

12. LET LOVE LEAD
Another proper rap piece, one of the best on this EP. Shout out to steve sings. too hot
TRACK RATING: 8/10

To crown it all, i think this should have been an ALBUM and not an EP. Easily better than most albums our "so-called" celebs sell to us.
Easily, this should be the last piece of work BOC should drop for free... he makes the kind of sounds the world should buy.

EP RATING:
8/10

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid’s 3rd Baby Mama, Jada Pollock Finally Unveils The Face Of Their Son / Nigerians Tease Funke Akindele On Twitter Following Avenger Role (tweets) / Bbnaija Gifty Gives Advice On How To Get A Good/faithful Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.