Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? (4970 Views)

How To Do Airtel Night Plan | Buy Night Plan On Airtel (quick And Easy) / One Charge For 3 Days: Itel Releases Itel P40 With 6000mah Battery In Nigeria / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by TeamLeader(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2017
I can't remember the last time I visited my bank hall but i always make use of GTBank code *737# to do my daily transactions even if I want to recharge my phone with card and lately i always get this message of insufficient balance on my airtel line once i daily the code to do transfer.

Yesterday i had N2 and I was trying to transfer money to someone with *737#, i de get insufficient on my line to do this transaction' until i put 100 card do my transaction finished and when i checked my bal i saw N97. Unlike before that using the code is free. I want my N5 back abeg grin.

There customer care no de connect since.

Dunno if someone out there noticed too
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2017
TeamLeader:
I can't remember the last time I visited my bank hall but i always make use of GTBank code *737# to do my daily transactions even if I want to recharge my phone with card and lately i always get this message of insufficient balance on my airtel line once i daily the code to do transfer.

Yesterday i had N2 and I was trying to transfer money to someone with *737#, i de get insufficient on my line to do this transaction' until i put 100 card do my transaction finished and when i checked my bal i saw N97. Unlike before that using the code is free. I want my N5 back abeg grin.

u want to perform a transaction u don't want to pay. Just 5 naira.
But u go use 100 naira call Ur numerous girls. Kwontinue

3 Likes

Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by rapcy(m): 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2017
Yea, you get charged for using it, it's usually small amount

1 Like

Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2017
Pay the money.ussd code using your mobile phones are not free in most cases

1 Like

Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by TeamLeader(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
CHESTER48:
u want to perform a transaction u don't want to pay. Just 5 naira.
But u go use 100 naira call Ur numerous girls. Kwontinue

grin

1 Like

Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Akaewu: 12:35am On Dec 28, 2017
the problem is not being charged a token for but the banks refusal on informing the public on what the charge for the service.
i only got to know of this from my bank (fidelity) when i complain about their ussd code not working.

1 Like

Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by TeamLeader(m): 12:39am On Dec 28, 2017
Akaewu:
the problem is not being charged a token for but the banks refusal on informing the public on what the charge for the service.
i only got to know of this from my bank (fidelity) when i complain about their ussd code not working.

My guy i was surprised too because initially it was a free service. Do you know exactly how much they charge? Or it depends on the bank
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Lojekunle: 3:04am On Dec 28, 2017
This is very bad I wanted to recharge my phone I had to buy airtime to buy airtime again...
I found out about the charges through a airtel cc
The best way now is internet banking.. I think that ussd code is now a means of income for the banks now
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by lanre316: 4:03am On Dec 28, 2017
Lojekunle:
This is very bad I wanted to recharge my phone I had to buy airtime to buy airtime again...
I found out about the charges through a airtel cc
The best way now is internet banking.. I think that ussd code is now a means of income for the banks now

If they can deduct your credit when you are using 737, whats to stop them from deducting from your account balance when you use internet banking?

Edit. I just learnt that it's airtel doing the deductions, not GTB. So internet banking should be safe from airtel greedy hands

1 Like

Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by tolexandro77: 6:02am On Dec 28, 2017
Guys! that is d new development for Airtel customers now,incase u don't know u will be charged #5 on every 20secs of usage of the ussd code to recharge on all banks.Customers has been ranting and irate because of this development, but Airtel has instructed us (Customer care professional)to cascade d information to all their customers.Please be informed
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by goodnija: 6:13am On Dec 28, 2017
Airtel most useless network
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by directonpc(m): 6:41am On Dec 28, 2017
This is a serious issue.
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Lojekunle: 7:12am On Dec 28, 2017
lanre316:

If they can deduct your credit when you are using 737, whats to stop them from deducting from your account balance when you use internet banking?

Edit. I just learnt that it's airtel doing the deductions, not GTB. So internet banking should be safe from airtel greedy hands

Ohhhh only airtel?
That's how they are reducing all their data caps as well I think they are having a bad time and their customers are the once suffering it..
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Akaewu: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
TeamLeader:

My guy i was surprised too because initially it was a free service. Do you know exactly how much they charge? Or it depends on the bank

N10

1 Like

Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by donsity(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2018
Gosh i hate Airtel right now. has other person noticed that the greedy network is also now charging N8 per sms?

i will advice All customers using airtel as their primary number to go to their banks and update their primary phone numbers to another network.

To hell with greedy people (Airtel)
i mean how can you buy airtime and use it to buy airtime. you see as them no even get sense?
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Lojekunle: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2018
donsity:
Gosh i hate Airtel right now. has other person noticed that the greedy network is also now charging N8 per sms?

i will advice All customers using airtel as their primary number to go to their banks and update their primary phone numbers to another network.

To hell with greedy people (Airtel)
i mean how can you buy airtime and use it to buy airtime. you see as them no even get sense?

8 naira.?

I sent one now for 4 niara
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
I cant explain what happened to my N120 yesterday. I loaded #200, sent a message of #4 and instead of seeing N196...my balance was N76.
angry sad
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by bravesoul247(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
Airtel sef. Had to dump it and use Glo in my Tecno spark
Re: Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? by Yuster: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
TeamLeader:

Yes, Airtel charges for using *737#

(1) (Reply)

I Screenshot My NIN From The App On My Rooted Phone / Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough / Get FM Radio On Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.