Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Lost In Transit Goods - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lost In Transit Goods (657 Views)

Lokoja Flood: Over 700 Houses Submerged, Billions Lost In Kogi State, Nigeria / What You Need To Do If You Get Lost In An Unfamiliar City In Nigeria / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost In Transit Goods by chinonyinye: 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hi, good evening people. I'm seriously confused and I need your assistance in unraveling this. Last week Friday, an acquaintance of my mom in the US sent her some stuff through interlinks, the person was asked not to clear them (customs) that she will do that here in Nigeria, sent her the screenshot of the receipt, and also the tracking number. She was even told the flight it was coming on. on Saturday, the person chatted her up and told her to go pick up her stuff from the airport in Lagos. only for the company people to call her and told her they saw money in the bag of which they told her the amount and she confirmed it. Dat was the genesis of the problem o. They were saying that due to the amount of money in the bag, that to clear it will be a problem, they asked her to bring #30000 to help her clear it, she paid on Saturday for them to bring the box only for them to start saying that its not a small matter o that his boss spent #150000 to clear it, till now parcel we've not seen. pls, have we been scammed or what cos we are very confused?
Re: Lost In Transit Goods by onlyme07(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2017
chinonyinye:
Hi, good evening people. I'm seriously confused and I need your assistance in unraveling this. Last week Friday, an acquaintance of my mom in the US sent her some stuff through interlinks, the person was asked not to clear them (customs) that she will do that here in Nigeria, sent her the screenshot of the receipt, and also the tracking number. She was even told the flight it was coming on. on Saturday, the person chatted her up and told her to go pick up her stuff from the airport in Lagos. only for the company people to call her and told her they saw money in the bag of which they told her the amount and she confirmed it. Dat was the genesis of the problem o. They were saying that due to the amount of money in the bag, that to clear it will be a problem, they asked her to bring #30000 to help her clear it, she paid on Saturday for them to bring the box only for them to start saying that its not a small matter o that his boss spent #150000 to clear it, till now parcel we've not seen. pls, have we been scammed or what cos we are very confused?

New format. Na scam bro. Gbeja..!
Re: Lost In Transit Goods by justwise(m): 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2017
chinonyinye:

So your mum really believed that somebody can post money from US to her? Greediness is really a disease.
That 30000K is the price she has to pay for being greedy

1 Like

Re: Lost In Transit Goods by chinonyinye: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
justwise:

So your mum really believed that somebody can post money from US to her? Greediness is really a disease.
she is still in contact and the person is her friend, the person sent things then his money in a bag in the box but it was detected through scanning at customs. she is still in contact with the friend and has proof of the waybill. I think d problem is from d naija pple .
Re: Lost In Transit Goods by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
chinonyinye:
she is still in contact and the person is her friend, the person sent things then his money in a bag in the box but it was detected through scanning at customs. she is still in contact with the friend and has proof of the waybill. I think d problem is from d naija pple .

Did your mum trace the number that called her and bank account she paid the money into and it linked her to interlinks?

..forget about waybill because that can be easily forged
Re: Lost In Transit Goods by mofedamijo(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
My dear,dont sweat it much,get a good lawyer and go to interlink with the account number the person forwarded to ur mum for payment,involve the efcc if possible,they need to make a scape goat out of the slowpoke,now that there is bvn,however re u sure the person is not just online friend with ur mom,please when u get there dont talk like there is yam in your mouth,screammmmmmmm thats what we understand in Nigeria,immediately u start madness they will find solution so that FAAN AND AIRPORT SECURITY DONT GET TO HEAR ABOUT IT,THIS IS PURE STEALING,my dads luggage got traped for no reason,when i called and threatened the whole company,the luggage was released after 24hours,u have to be smart and mad........update us plz.
Re: Lost In Transit Goods by mofedamijo(m): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
justwise:

Its normal oga,if ure sending money with goods it is allowed,but there is a limit,n then u need to declare it on the form,Nigerians do that alot rather than pay western union they put it in a coded place in the goods been sent,i dont buy the idea though,
Re: Lost In Transit Goods by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
mofedamijo:

Its normal oga,if ure sending money with goods it is allowed,but there is a limit,n then u need to declare it on the form,Nigerians do that alot rather than pay western union they put it in a coded place in the goods been sent,i dont buy the idea though,
That is not normal, its just a way some Nigerians do things.
Re: Lost In Transit Goods by Zdoh(m): 4:40am On Dec 29, 2017
chinonyinye:
What does it take you guys to meet the person you're been speaking on phone in person??Go to cargo section and meet the ANLCA chairman narate your story and they will gladly assist and also advice you.....if you pay that 150k hmmmm it gonna be OYO oo

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Invited To Come 4 Follow Up Interview Wit A Valid Visa Without Overstay / Why Travelling Solo As A Woman Is The Worst Thing You Can Do / Turkey Takes Delivery Of S-400 Ads Designed To Shoot Down ₦31b Us F-35 Aircrafts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.