Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year (13432 Views)

Psquare Flies To Abidjan For Kora Awards / Davido And Chidinma Emerge Winners At The Kora Awards 2012 / Chris Brown And Rihanna In Abidjan For Kora Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by nellaluv(f): 4:32am On Apr 06, 2010
[img]http://1.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/S7nssU2gK9I/AAAAAAAAdIY/SxM0UVvvneY/s400/4448_109436661376_507091376_2481695_4170000_n+%281%29.jpg[/img]

Nigerian R&B duo P-Square were crowned Africa's best in the recent Kora music awards held in Burkina Faso's capital Ouagadougou, attended by some 3,000 people including the country's president. The twins Paul and Peter who form P-Square beat Senegalese group Black Diamond, Angola's Paul G and homegrown Amety Meria to scoop the top award Sunday, which is worth one million dollars (742,000 euros).
The diva from Cape Verde Cesaria Evora and Gabon's Pierre Akendengue picked up lifetime achievement awards, and a homage was also paid to the late Michael Jackson at the ceremony held in Ouagadougou's sports stadium.
The only black mark on the evening was the absence of Senegalese-American R&B star Akon who, despite being offered a private jet and 150,000 dollars, did not make the trip to the Burkina Faso capital. Kora awards promoter Ernest Adjovi deplored the singer's absence and apologised to the "15 million Burkinabes and the billion Africans" watching the ceremony.
At least one hundred television channels in 22 countries broadcast the ceremony live, organisers said. Other successes on the night included Becca (Ghana) for best African prospect, Chronicle 2h (Senegal) for best reggae artist and Alicia Keys, also absent, who was crowned best African-American artist of the diaspora. Artists from 24 African countries took part in the competition, whose awards are decided through a share of public and jury votes.
The Kora awards were created in 1996 and for the first time the ceremony took place outside South Africa.
www.haaba.com/news/2010/04/05/1-402008/nigeria-duo-p-square-triumph-at-africa-music-awards
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by neily(f): 6:20am On Apr 06, 2010
Wow thats a good one. Felicitation to them. These guys are GOOD! I wish them all the best.
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by nellaluv(f): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2010
I hear it's about N150 million naira, my boiz are really going places cheesy smiley
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by omar22(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2010
How did you know that the prize is $1m

Even both Grammy and Oscar is not near $1m

I dont think Africans are that generous
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by nellaluv(f): 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2010
How wouldn't i know when the news is all over the place. How you seen the yahoo! front page recently.
Google is your friend too!
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by peacettw: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2010
So proud of them. Takes me bck to when i bought their first album which was quite tacky but good. They have grown so much that they deserve every good thing coming their way.
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by chelseabmw(m): 9:16am On Apr 07, 2010
[size=13pt]Congratulation to them as they are making us proud[/size]
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by jessefly: 11:52am On Apr 07, 2010
kirigba gba baba God na ur handwork eeya no be lie ye na ur handwork eeyeh
e no easy eyyyyy
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by polynesian(f): 11:58am On Apr 07, 2010
lmao @ omar22, exactly,
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by Geeluat(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2010
That's Wonderful,

Congrats P-square!!!
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by ichommy(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2010
Wow AM HAPPY FOR THEM   smiley
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by tjay01(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2010
nice one
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by unijoscod(m): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2010
dey try e nor easy
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by Freestyl(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2010
Kudos to them!!!
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by smartjyke(m): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2010
<h1>Those guys are HOT like fire.</h1>
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by talkmarkay(m): 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2010
Congratulation to P-Square & Nigeria entirely
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2010
cool brother, i knw some people here now will now be dreaming of singing too, cos of the money, do not sing crap grin,
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by otukpo(f): 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2010
Congratulations to P-square
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by Rmc1(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2010
congrats p square you guys are really making us proud , may the sky be your stepin stone
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
wahala dey  cheesy
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by pkoncept(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
if this is true, it is commendable and it goes to prove that hard work pays. Very few Nigerian artist ever reign beyond their first album.
kudos to u boyz
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by idifu(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2010
na Lie i dont believe d story na pure lie. how much was eminem signed to aftermath? how much was 50 signed to shady/aftermath, P-square should shut they mouths and stop lieing to d ppl
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by kobikwelu(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
dont wanna sound as a bad belle, BUT USD1 MILLION shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

how much is the kora show itsef worth?

pls these guys are good, but i dont fall hook line and sinker to evry story i read
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by MrCartha: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2010
This advertisement looks good. Nice PR wink
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by nellaluv(f): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2010
@kobikwelu, who said you should believe,the main thing is that u've heard it and u're aware. You can argue that wit someone who cares.
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by kobikwelu(m): 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2010
madam nellaluv,

calm down,

as my post said, I (meaning me as in mysef, not you, or the public) dont blive the story.

so am i argueing it with anybody

PS: I HAVE NOTICED YOU. IF THATS WOT U WANT cool
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by Orikinla(m): 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
One million dollars na good moni o.
If dem invest am well, they no go broke again for life o

Well, the enchanted twin brothers are the hottest Nigerian hip hop act. But they would fare better with a better producer.
The present producer is just recycling their their songs with some add-ons,

When they sing, they sound like natives of Akwa Ibom in accent.

They can become our biggest export if well marketed around the world.

Imagine them sing a love song in French!
They will knock out the Francophone countries.
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by Yoighaman(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
Congrats to these hot dudes! Nice reward for real good and hard work.

Keep flying guys.
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by mjbaba: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2010
all those bad belles doubting if the prize is up to $1m, why not drag ur daft asses to google and key in "p square wins one million dollars"?
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by manny4life(m): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
Damn that's wasup, and my boys know how to sing, they really deserve it, Hmmm which I win Mega Million here, shoot now that its almost $80million now, I would buy some part of Nigeria, with special invitation to my 25th Birthday party, lol
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by mrkoma2012: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
Congratulations psquare
Re: P-square Wins $1 Million As Kora Award African Artiste Of The Year by eros(m): 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
Nice way to go guys. You have done Nigeria proud. Keep doing what you know to do best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rapper Azealia Banks Shares Nude Photo With Her Breasts On Display / 9ice Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / '‘you Shall Not Bear Fruits ”- Ngozi Ezeonu’s Husband curses daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.