Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Touching! Couple Shares How They Lost Their Sights - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Touching! Couple Shares How They Lost Their Sights (521 Views)

Lady Shares How She Transformed A Girl She Adopted After Just Two Months (pics) / This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / OMG! Couple Shares Photo During Sex On Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touching! Couple Shares How They Lost Their Sights by easyboss1(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2017
Touching! Couple shares how they lost their sights

Dailyfamily.ng had an exclusive interview with this blind couple, Mr. and Mrs. Adetunji who suddenly lost their sights after some years in marriage.

They both shared their experience on how they have been managing in their state taking care of each other and their children.

Mr. and Mrs. Adetunji were parts of the beneficiaries at the Aunt Landa Market Square where they got a Laptop which they needed to start a business.

Can we meet you?

I am Adetunji Adesoji Samson

How did you lose your sight?

It was an accident that happened in my office. I read Auto-mechanics, I’m a teacher by profession, I have my NCE and B.sc Ed. I had a workshop that I worked then, so, there was a time I tried to work on the things there and I didn’t know acid was kept somewhere up the shelf. So, while trying to get a paper, it fell on me and since then I have not been able to see. It happened in year 2015.

Were you married then?

We were married but we were not together as at then.

Was your wife born blind?

She was not born like that, she had glaucoma on the right eye and it later affected the left eye.

How have you been coping?

We were taught how to make soaps in a blind school. We make soaps, both tablet and liquid and we try to modify it; I have a sticker that has my business name on it and we have been trying to meet up, though it has not been easy.

How do you get people to buy your soaps?

We go to them. I spend so much on bikes to get to people, I live in Festac, 321 A Close House 7 and there are restaurants around us. We go to meet them; I take it down to them. They tell me we have it and many people can do it but I tell them this one is different, it’s thicker, we do bleach, Izal and disinfectants too. We go to Ojota ourselves to buy the chemicals.

How are you sure they give you the right chemicals?

We know the textures; my wife knows the textures very feel. We feel it and get it.

That means you go together most times

Not most times, we go together all the time; we take bike from our house to second rainbow from second rainbow, they cross us to the other side. From there we take a bus to Ojota, we have a woman that sells chemicals to us at Ojota. When coming back, we get people to help us cross, we take bus to second rainbow and from there we go back home.

How did you meet your wife?

She is from Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. I met while I was in the University. When I met her one eye had gone but I believed with time things will change. Later, we heard that glaucoma does not have cure for now, so, it later started affecting the other eye and that was how the other one left. I don’t know I will be blind too but that is how it has happened but we just have to accept our fate like that.

When did you get married to each other?

We got married about 10 years ago.

Did you have your children before losing your sights?

Yes.

How do you take care of your children?

We have two children and they are not with us they are with my wife’s sister, they are schooling and doing everything there. Most of the times, they come to visit and we also visit them. We send money to them; we make sure that we send something to them because they are still young. It is a kind of pain to us that we are blind.

The wife:

Can we meet you?

My name is Ekaette Adetunji

How have you been managing?

It’s the grace of God.

How do you make your hair?

I go to the hair stylist.

Did you have any University Education?

No. I stopped at Secondary level but I learnt soap making too. (The husband cuts in “she is better than me”)

What is the next step now?

The next step is that we want to start a business with the Laptop we got.

Have you learnt how to operate it?

Yes. For a month now but the course is three months and we need a Laptop while learning but we already have what to do with it.
https://dailyfamily.ng/touching-couple-shares-how-they-lost-their-sights/

Re: Touching! Couple Shares How They Lost Their Sights by Niftyrules(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2017
Mehn i feel for this couple ooh. But then we can also plan ahead 2018... You fit read this article and thank me later - https://dailyfamily.ng/7-important-steps-to-take-ahead-of-2018-2/
Re: Touching! Couple Shares How They Lost Their Sights by FrenchWay: 11:50am On Dec 28, 2017
Pathetic... May God help IJN
Re: Touching! Couple Shares How They Lost Their Sights by pressy09: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
It is well with this family , few marriages can survived this

i also stumble on this write up and i love it

https://dailyfamily.ng/9-ways-to-help-your-husband-achieve-his-dreams-in-2018/

(1) (Reply)

Snake Bite Kills 9 Years Old Girl While Asleep In Thailand (photos) / Valentine Online Competition / See The 5 Gadgets Every Professional Nursing Mother MUST Have Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.