Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Neymar Reveals 2014 World Cup Injury Almost Ended His Career - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Neymar Reveals 2014 World Cup Injury Almost Ended His Career (410 Views)

AFC Champions League Draw: Al Nassr In Group E As Neymar Will Play In Group D / Messi Opens Up On Neymar’s Return To Barcelona / EPL: Mourinho Gives Injury Update On Nine Man United Players Ahead Of Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Reveals 2014 World Cup Injury Almost Ended His Career by FemiFemola: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2017
The lowest point of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil was an injury to the host nation's poster boy, Neymar in the match against Columbia.

Napoli full-back Juan Zuniga kneed Neymar in the back with just two minutes to go, leaving him with a fractured vertebra.

In an interview with former Barcelona teammate Gerard Pique for The Player's Tribune, the PSG star revealed it could all have been over for him.

"I remember that I had my head on the ground, and Marcelo was saying: 'No, no...Get the doctors in.' And I said: 'No, no, no. I want to play.' Because I wanted to score," Neymar said.

"But I couldn't manage to lift my legs. I couldn't move my legs. And the doctor took me out and I started to ... to cry, because it was very painful and I didn't feel anything.

Full post: https://www.concaholic.com/sports/neymar-reveals-2014-world-cup-injury-almost-ended-career/

(1) (Reply)

Éric Abidal: “i’m Leaving Both Happy And Sad” / Messi Offers £12.8m To End Court Saga. / Anelka Returns To Epl, Joins West Brom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.