Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed (1729 Views)

Marketing Tips: Expert Insights Needed / How To Make Money Running A Football Viewing Center In Nigeria / How To Make Money Running A Day Care Service Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
I'm planning to open a barbers shop, trouble is i don't have experience as a barber.
The plan is to get a stylist to run it.
My question is, how will i get income?. How do i track sales?
Inputs highly needed
mynd44 and lalasticlala , you have any ideas?
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by PointZerom: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
Very ristky investment especially when you wont be the one to manage it.
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by Pierohandsome: 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
It is not true , i managed a barbing salon for someone who thanked me for smooth running of the business.
Nothing risky abt the business, jst agree with the stylist on hw much he wil be delivering per week, or per month nothing more than that. Nothing risky abt that
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by oluwafreshkid(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
Pierohandsome:
It is not true , i managed a barbing salon for someone who thanked me for smooth running of the business.
Nothing risky abt the business, jst agree with the stylist on hw much he wil be delivering per week, or per month nothing more than that. Nothing risky abt that
How do i determine the amount he'll deliver daily?
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by oluwafreshkid(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
PointZerom:
Very ristky investment especially when you wont be the one to manage it.
Please shed more light
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by PointZerom: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
oluwafreshkid:

Please shed more light
Nothing much only that d person managing it will always benefit more than the owner. For sharing the money, do it 50-50 or 60-40.
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by PointZerom: 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
oluwafreshkid:

This is where it is risky, dont let anyone sweet tongue you.
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by richhy84: 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
I have 4saloon shops while the stylist remit weekly
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by richhy84: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
I don't just leave the shop for them , I supervise them and provided all necessary materials for them so that they won't complain .I told them to buy things themselves and service gen. Ensure you supervise them by visiting your shop everyday. Ensure it not the drinking type or smoking type
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by richhy84: 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
It profitable . am working on the 5th shop
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by Brunosamel(m): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2017
Bro you need the experience but anyway I will hook you up...
First if you are planning on a new saloon it requires times and dedication don't rush to recover your investment cuz it won't help u....
You need to build your saloon up, that should be your number one target.... Find a person that knows how to give nice haircut, you can start with an agreement base on contract (what he will be able to give you on weekly basis) this will make him happy and serious to work more....
Secondly your customer is very important cuz you don't only need them but rather build them....
When they get use to your shop it will be like "boom"
Note expensive above 3k should be shared with u and your employees
My brothers saloon is 21 years old, it trained 9 graduates and I will make the 10 by 2019.....
To help your business grow the more find some who will be loyal to you and your business....
You can start by going to village picking up someone train such person I swear to you that they will be extremely loyal to u... The won't compromise unless it turns out they want to open theirs.... Hope u find this helpful.....

1 Like

Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by Pierohandsome: 7:02am On Dec 29, 2017
k
oluwafreshkid:

Salon business is not daily delivery. It is either weekly or monthly. It is based on what the business produces
Re: Running A Barber's Shop - Insights Needed by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:24am On Dec 29, 2017
richhy84:
It profitable . am working on the 5th shop
How then do they remit?
How do you get your income?

(1) (Reply)

Providus Bank Now In Akure / Which Chemistry Related Business Can I Start Up With 3 Million Naira? / What Business Can I Start With 60k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.