Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,542 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! (7972 Views)

Mechatronics Engineering Department In OAU / Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering? / I Want To Study Mechatronics Engineering At Birmingham University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 29, 2017
I applied for this year's(2017) Jamb but didn't meet the requirement for admission into my institution of choice(UI), i chose physics. Now I plan to pick up another form but intended to apply for mechanical engineering at OAU or FUTA until I stumbled upon Mechatronics engineering, a new engineering field(it's not new really but has just been introduced to some Nigerian institutions). Reading about it promises great prospects and I find it interesting. Few Nigeria Universities offer this course and I've narrowed my choice to FUTminna or FUNAAB.

N/B: I don't know how deep it's been taught in any of these institutions and the apparatuses they have to help make it understandable and interesting.

Are there good Internship opportunities?

Also, what are the career prospects for these fields in Nigeria?

Or would you advice me to just go for Mechanical engineering?

Which institution is better for the aforementioned courses?

please help, I need to make my choice fast!
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by chicoMX(m): 7:23am On Dec 29, 2017
Op.. I think you should be more concerned about your ability to excel (minimum of 2:1) in any of this course.

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Joshman1376: 9:35am On Dec 29, 2017
Mechatronics is a new course that under mechanical department before...it is a good and new course that only few universities have been accredited to enrol students. mechatronics help you to go deep in the relationship between your machines and your computer...it aid you in operating CNC machines..we have few mechatronics engineers in Nigeria...it a good course. I will advise you to put in for it.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 29, 2017
chicoMX:
Op.. I think you should be more concerned about your ability to excel (minimum of 2:1) in any of this course.
Thanks, I think I'll do well in either of the two. What do you suggest?
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2017
Joshman1376:
Mechatronics is a new course that under mechanical department before...it is a good and new course that only few universities have been accredited to enrol students. mechatronics help you to go deep in the relationship between your machines and your computer...it aid you in operating CNC machines..we have few mechatronics engineers in Nigeria...it a good course. I will advise you to put in for it.
Thanks, do you know anybody who's either a graduate or studying the course at present?
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by chicoMX(m): 10:26am On Dec 29, 2017
aceOpace:
Thanks, I think I'll do well in either of the two. What do you suggest?

Go for mechantronics then, cos it is diverse field. You'd borrow courses from computer and electrical engineering.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 30, 2017
chicoMX:

Go for mechantronics then, cos it is diverse field. You'd borrow courses from computer and electrical engineering.
Which university do you advise I choose? FUTminna or Funaab?
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by chicoMX(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2017
aceOpace:
Which university do you advise I choose? FUTminna or Funaab?
I would advise you strike out funaab. FUTminna or FUTA
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by aerozac(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2017
Please go for Mechanical or Electrical Engineering for the first degree. Then do your masters in Mechatronics. You will really appreciate me. Have a broader knowledge in your first degree then streamline into Mechatronics for masters

2 Likes

Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2017
chicoMX:

I would advise you strike out funaab. FUTminna or FUTA
Ok bro, Futa does not offer mechatronics but mechanical engineering. Why strike out Funaab though?
aerozac:
Please go for Mechanical or Electrical Engineering for the first degree. Then do your masters in Mechatronics. You will really appreciate me. Have a broader knowledge in your first degree then streamline into Mechatronics for masters
Hmmm...thanks. But, is there a reason why you said that?
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by chicoMX(m): 11:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
aceOpace:
Ok bro, Futa does not offer mechatronics but mechanical engineering. Why strike out Funaab though? Hmmm...thanks. But, is there a reason why you said that?

I'm a 4th year student of electrical/electronics engineering at MOUAU (Michael okpara uni of Agric Umudike). I must confess that practical sessions are nothing to write home about.

A first degree in mechanical engineering and masters in mechantronics sounds like a good idea though.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by CodeTemplar: 1:12am On Dec 31, 2017
Mechatronics is more modern and relates computers to mechanical engr. and as expected it is more complex.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by engrjosefz(m): 8:56am On Dec 31, 2017
With a good jamb score next year, choose Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University bauchi and I know you are in... Futminna hmmm be ready for a fierce competition. Mechatronics or mechanical engineering is available in the school, no post utme, aggregate of jamb n ssce to get in... Minimum 180, but 200 n above for better chances in engineering.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by HLion(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2017
Bro.. Mechanical engineering first.. Then masters in mechantronics

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by kennyjam: 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
am here to read advice, goodluck OP
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
I really appreciate everyone for their contribution. If you're or know an undergraduate studying any of these courses in any of the aforementioned institutions, please help by contributing or mentioning this topic to them.
Inputs from people who studied or know much about the courses at any of those institutions is also greatly needed, especially about opportunities after graduation.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2017
kennyjam:
am here to read advice, goodluck OP
You're welcome,do well to contribute please.
HLion:
Bro.. Mechanical engineering first.. Then masters in mechantronics
Hmm.. there are other fields I have in mind for my postgraduate. I just have to reach a decision about which to choose for my bachelors. Is it that mechatronics does not have good prospects?
engrjosefz:
With a good jamb score next year, choose Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University bauchi and I know you are in... Futminna hmmm be ready for a fierce competition. Mechatronics or mechanical engineering is available in the school, no post utme, aggregate of jamb n ssce to get in... Minimum 180, but 200 n above for better chances in engineering.
How well taught is the course in both schools and what's the employability of their graduates?
Thanks.
chicoMX:

I'm a 4th year student of electrical/electronics engineering at MOUAU (Michael okpara uni of Agric Umudike). I must confess that practical sessions are nothing to write home about.

A first degree in mechanical engineering and masters in mechantronics sounds like a good idea though.

Does this mean Universities of Agriculture in Nigeria generally are not well grounded in practicals?
CodeTemplar:
Mechatronics is more modern and relates computers to mechanical engr. and as expected it is more complex.
Exact reason i'm interested in the course. Are you an undergraduate studying the course?
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by CodeTemplar: 12:10am On Jan 03, 2018
aceOpace:

Exact reason i'm interested in the course. Are you an undergraduate studying the course?
No but I have heard about it in the past.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2018
CodeTemplar:
No but I have heard about it in the past.
Oh OK.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by zadokokezie(m): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
I had d opportunity of seeing d course offered in mechatronic in futo.....

it is a combination of mechanical, electrical and computer science and it talked more about robotics.....

d course is nice.... and am planning 2 switch over 2 d department of mechatronic....
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
zadokokezie:
I had d opportunity of seeing d course offered in mechatronic in futo.....

it is a combination of mechanical, electrical and computer science and it talked more about robotics.....

d course is nice.... and am planning 2 switch over 2 d department of mechatronic....

Interesting... would you please tell me more about mechatronics at FUTO? I never knew it's been offered there.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by zadokokezie(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
aceOpace:

Interesting... would you please tell me more about mechatronics at FUTO? I never knew it's been offered there.

yeah it is still a new dept... d highest level now is I think year 3.... d course is promising and lot of ppl from mechanical engineering are planning to change their department 2 mechatronic....
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
zadokokezie:

yeah it is still a new dept... d highest level now is I think year 3.... d course is promising and lot of ppl from mechanical engineering are planning to change their department 2 mechatronic....
That sounds very interesting, do you have an idea about how equipped their lab is?
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by zadokokezie(m): 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
aceOpace:
That sounds very interesting, do you have an idea about how equipped their lab is?

no idea yet.... when I get back 2 skul I will check it out
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 09, 2018
zadokokezie:

no idea yet.... when I get back 2 skul I will check it out
Ok

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Afelay(m): 5:04am On Jan 09, 2018
Please, I just got admitted to Futo through Direct Entry (Mechanical Engineering), I will need u guys help on who to stay with for a few days till I I'll be able to secure apartment. My WhatsApp number 08057320429 Email : Aftoyolad2care@gmail.com.... Thanks
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by zadokokezie(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2018
aceOpace:
Ok

Good news I have finally changed department from mechanical 2 mechatronic... now I can get 1st hand info ab2t it let me just get back 2 skul grin

Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by smilingface(m): 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
zadokokezie:

Good news I have finally changed department from mechanical 2 mechatronic... now I can get 1st hand info ab2t it let me just get back 2 skul grin
pls how did you go about the successful switch over to the department I just gained admission into futo and would love to also study mechatronic engineering.
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
zadokokezie:

So quick?

I have a question though, why does it seem as if mechanical eng. guys at FUTO are running to mechatronics eng. ?

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by Pietr: 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
Afelay:
Please, I just got admitted to Futo through Direct Entry (Mechanical Engineering), I will need u guys help on who to stay with for a few days till I I'll be able to secure apartment. My WhatsApp number 08057320429 Email : Aftoyolad2care@gmail.com.... Thanks
I Mailed You!

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by zadokokezie(m): 12:39am On Jan 10, 2018
aceOpace:
So quick?

I have a question though, why does it seem as if mechanical eng. guys at FUTO are running to mechatronics eng. ?

mechatronic look more promising... d world is evolving most stuffs are not purely mechanical any more... we just have 2 adjust... perhaps personal mechatronic is more inline with Wat I wanna do in life
Re: Mechanical Or Mechatronics Engineering. Please Help! by zadokokezie(m): 12:40am On Jan 10, 2018
smilingface:
pls how did you go about the successful switch over to the department I just gained admission into futo and would love to also study mechatronic engineering.

what department are u in nw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bring All Calculus(differentiation And Integration) Problems For Solution / University Of Maiduguri ( UNIMAID ) / Advantages Of Studying In A Nigerian Polytechnic Over A University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.