Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

This Is By Far One Of The Best Advice In 2017 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Is By Far One Of The Best Advice In 2017 (1604 Views)

17 Bad Habits You Need To Kill In 2017 To Be More Successful In 2018 / Nigerian Women Who Made History In 2017 / What Is That Bad Habit You Wish To Leave In 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is By Far One Of The Best Advice In 2017 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2017
So as we are wrapping up the year 2017, lots of people especially in the self development and motivational teaching niche are dishing out great advice, Turner Andrew, the chief content creator @ Entrepreneurs Chronicle didn't get left out as he shared a powerful advice.
--------------------
I don't know why this is making me so emotional even to the point of bringing tears out! Gosh.... So I read something by Jide Ogunsanya He shared a story of someone I know.. What actually got me was, "It's not what you wear that matters or moves people, it's who you are that counts" well, that's not his exact quote but I had to refrain - But I got to realize that, too often we humans try too hard to impress others (average people precisely) wear clothes, shoes, caps, whatever it is, just to impress others. it's not worth it at all.
Focus more on building your life, reputation, credibility and stop wrecking yourself by trying too hard to impress people, trust me on this, no one gives a bleep about your fine dress (or maybe they do, but it's just temporal) what will last longer in people's minds down memory lane is your achievements.
'
So back to me, why am I crying? I'm crying because I remember when I used to impress people too, I messed up, those people today have achieved way bigger things than I have, I'm not jealous, I'm just telling you this so you can learn from my stupidity. It's crazy but it's the best advice that I can offer you before 2018, don't be a fool like me, don't be stupid like me - have a blessed day
---------------------------
More at Facebook.com/turnerquantum
www.entrepreneurschronicle.com

1 Like

Re: This Is By Far One Of The Best Advice In 2017 by domopps(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
Yes.....what an awesome unrequested advice

My take in life ....I don't support waste and at the same time dont tell me how to spend my own money ......

The Gucci, The Louis Vuitton, The Addidas,The Armani, The Rolex aint made for animals and those guys too have families that depend on people's patronage. ...

That's what they call all fingers are not equal. ....just remember to spend wisely at all time

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Any South Africans In Nairaland??? / How Open Banking Fintech In Africa Will Shape The Continent / Gabrywl In Luv!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.