Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic (495 Views)

Man Sleeping Inside Gutter In Port Harcourt (Pictured) / Fuel Scarcity Leaves BRT Passengers In Lagos Stranded (PHOTOS) / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by sharpboyus(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
Up to 800 passengers have been stranded at Gatwick Airport for five days after an airline cancelled its flights.

Many of the travellers, who were due to travel to Lagos with Nigerian airline Med-View, have been sleeping on the floor since Friday, and may not get a flight until the new year.

Med-View blamed technical problems which are said to have put one of its three planes out of action.

The airline also claimed it arranged for three planes to evacuate at least 700 people on Wednesday but one of these had to be cancelled after passengers became unruly.

But furious customers, some of whom paid more than £1,000 for a ticket, accused the company of ‘abandoning’ them.

Ola Dami, 26, from Coventry, said he missed Christmas with his family in Lagos because of the chaos.

She told The Sun: ‘I feel abandoned and disrespected. I’ve been told there will be no flights until next year.’

Police were called to the South Terminal to maintain control amid angry scenes.

One Twitter user, ‘Georgina’, filmed a confrontation between a customer and a member of staff.

‘If you listen well, you will hear a customer say “don’t tell me not to shout or I will shout,’ she wrote.

Another witness saw a woman appealing to a member of staff to help her mother get home for Christmas after she was discharged from hospital in the UK.

One passenger feared she was going to miss her sister’s wedding because of flight cancellations.

She wrote on Twitter: ‘Why can’t you f***ing provide an alternative for people, it’s been 4 days now and we all just here with no refunds no words from you, no assurance nothing!!!!

‘I’m supposed to be my sister’s maid of honour and these people are ruining everything.’

http://newspaperupdate.com/passengers-stranded-gatwick-airport-airline-cancels-flights-technical-problems-leaving-many-paid-1000-ticket-sleeping-floor-five-days/

Re: Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by amzee(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by sehin79(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
its bettere you pay that extra and go through someother reliable airline like british air/virgin
medview cheap but this is dissapointing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by Blakjewelry(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
Sorry o
Re: Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by UbanmeUdie: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
shocked
Re: Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by littlewonders: 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Kpele. If those in charge can't do anything. Who am I?
Re: Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by Abjay97(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
Which kain country be this??
IS NIGERIA CURSED OR SOMETHING?
Re: Nigerians Left Stranded At Airport And Some Even Sleeping On Airport Floor. Pic by BlackDBagba: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
British Airways all the way.
A lil' bit more money but at least you get treated like you're human. Even KLM and Lufthansa are good too.

I thought medview's license was revoked? undecided

(1) (Reply)

2018-our Hope In Deeds, Prophecies Or Conservatism? / Help, How Do I Deal With My Landlord. / On Farmers/herdsmen Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.