Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 (1405 Views)

Palm Oil Business Is At Risk In 2018 / 5 Agribusiness You Can Start In 2018 / Starting Up A Poultry Farm In 2018 And My Weakness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hey NairaLanders!

I hope you're having a great time this season?

I just want to share with you some secrets that will help you in 2018.

One of the great things you need to do in 2018 is to clearly define your goals together with all the logistics to making them happen. I will explain.

Personally I have goals for almost every aspect of my life, business, relationship, finance, job etc.

Each of these comes with their separate headings, for business, it will be *business goals for 2018*, for finance *Financial goals for 2018* just like that but this would not make any meaning if its not directed to the owner of the goals. So what I do next on the next page is to personalise each section and each goal, so I add the word "my" to each section ie *"My Business goal for 2018"*, *"My financial goals for 2018"* and so on. All these are important as they help your subconscious mind assimilate each goals and give you a spiritual energy to fulfilling them.

Now, if you write all your goals and do nothing you won't make any progress at all. I am telling you this because I have been writing and smashing most of my goals since 2007 that's 10years experience in this thing.

The next thing you do after writing and personalising your goals is to create, work out the logistics and then initiate.

Why is he teaching us about *goals* in an agribusiness foeum someone might ask?

Its simple, you can't hit a target you don't see or even know it existed. If you must grow in agribusiness, you must be strategic about it and this include setting definite goalso.

Assuming one of your goals for 2018 is to make 1million naira. What you want to do is to break that sum into daily, weekly or monthly fragments so that it total makes a million naira.

To make 1million naira in one year, you will need to make 83,333.33 naira every month or 2,778 naira every day of 2018.

Now is it possible to make 2,778 naira every day? Or 20,833.33 naira every week? I think its very possible.

You see if you break down your financial goals like what we've done above, it becomes easy for you to think *possibility*. What you do next is ask yourself how you will be making that sum daily, weekly or monthly throughout 2018. If you don't have any idea this means you have to *create* it.

Let's go into agribusiness, shall we?

Assuming your major problem in 2017 was difficulty in selling off your birds at harvest. Let me first show you the impact of this, if you stock say 500 birds, on a very good feeding program you should start selling off from 7 weeks (see I have sold off birds from 5 weeks) now if it takes you about 3 or 4 weeks to sell off 500 birds what this would do is increase your cost of production, then increase your labour, decrease your profits and reduce your turnover rates within the year.

I know you don't understand, so I will further explain. A person who raises his/her birds within 7 weeks and takes about 1 week to sell off will stock birds at least 6 times within the year (assuming he/she has built a steady business). The one who raises his birds within 9 weeks and takes 3 weeks to sell off will only be able to run 4 rounds within 1 year. In your opinion which of these category of farmers will make more MONEY? First person or second?

Let me show you�

Now, let us assume that it cost 40,000 for the first person to raise his/her birds (500) for 7 weeks and an extra 5,715 naira to maintain during 1 week sales period. This would mean a total of 45,715 naira as production cost for the period of 8 weeks. This assumption means that the farmer spends 5,715 naira every week feeding his stock.

Every Poultry farmer knows that each flock will always have some bigger than others and if you're not selling in bulk the impact of this would be really *devastating* and if you ever make mistake in choosing breeds, you could end up having more wrungs (the smallest ones that don't even grow no matter what you do) and a few heavier chickens.

Back to our illustrations....

Let us assume that the first person sold off 200 birds at 200 naira, 200 birds at 150 naira and the remaining 100 birds at 100 naira. This would mean a total of 80,000 in sales. Remember his production cost was 45,715. This would mean a profit of 34,285 naira. If this person does this for 6 times within the year, he will make a total of 205,710 naira profits.

On the same cost of production per week ie 5,715, the second person spends 51,435 raising his birds in 9 weeks and another 17,145 naira during sales period of 3 weeks. This brings the production cost to a total of 68,580 naira. This would be more because as chickens grow they feed more and drink more too but let's just use that figure.

Now on sales, let's assume he sold 200 birds at 300 naira, 200 birds at 200naira and 100 birds at 150 naira this would bring his total sales to 115,000 naira. His profit would be (115,000-68,580) 46,420 naira. Remember he can only go 4 times a year, so in a year he will be making 185,680 naira.

First person makes 205,710 naira profits within a year while the second person makes 185,680. The difference in profit is *20,030naira*.

There is no magic in this thing, if you don't know how to build your business so that it forms a systematic cash flow, you will continue to surfer in it. So sit down and do it NOW!

What if I can further help you raise a weight you can sell at almost same price as the second person in our illustrations above? You raise heavier weight chickens and sell off on time at almost same price as the one who keeps his at a longer time then you continue to turn over your business systematically and make more profits.

What if I can show you how to choose a good breed so that you have more of the bigger chickens in your flock and avoid too many wrungs?

What if I can teach you how to build different feeding programs that you can use to grow specific weights to meet your customers demands?

What if I can show you exactly how to grow heavy weight chickens with less fat and more meat so that your chickens are not just heavy but also healthy for consumption?

*What if I can just show you everything?*

1 Share

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by joshuamoses101(m): 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
we will be most gratefull sir

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 6:50am On Dec 31, 2017
If you have enough space, why wait till after every 7 weeks or 9 weeks before you start selling your birds?

Why don't you build a system that allows you sell chickens every month or even every week or better still every day?

Why can't you create your business to meet every day demand in meat or eggs?

Did you know how much your business stands to surfer from small buyers especially those who buy less than 10 chickens and return after many days to buy same number again?

Picture this, you stock 500 birds and at harvest, you have a buyer who comes in and buys 200 birds at once and another a 100 birds all at once. In 1 day you sold off 300 birds and are left with 200 birds which finishes within days before a week elapse. What do you think this would do to your business?

Chickens are as delicate as perishable goods. The more they stay the more you spend on them and they don't take any apology plus if you feed them less during harvest, their weights starts getting light. This would mean that buyers will start pricing them low. So you have enough chickens at harvest which has delayed in sales, and to manage money, you feed them less and they become less heavier, your customers come in after long time and start pricing them low. In frustration you decide to sell off but there is another problem, these buyers buy in small quantities so that you will have to wait longer again. This would mean that you could start using the same money gotten from the sales to feed your birds. If this happens to you twice you could get frustrated out of the business just 6months of starting.

Poultry farming as well as any business has their secrets. It is only the experienced ones that can show you exactly what they have faced doing such business for years and you can avoid them and do something different so that you thrive while others are struggling.

You can take many days or time planning your business or you can simply thrive on someone's templates.�

Whatever you do, make sure your business is working.

Go and win!
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by Kingsley10000: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2017
THANK U SIR..'M INTERESTED 08087411113

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
Kingsley10000:
THANK U SIR..'M INTERESTED 08087411113
Great!
I have left you messages
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by oshunloye: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
good afternoon sir... nice write up... more power to your elbow. I am interested
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by oshunloye: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
good afternoon sir... nice write up... more power to your elbow. I am interested 08161171107

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by dmz1: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
@ MasExcel19 I am interested number is 08071027854

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
dmz1:
@ MasExcel19 I am interested number is 08071027854

The number is not on WhatsApp. You can reach me on the WhatsApp number at my signature just below this reply.

Thanks
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by dmz1: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
@ MasExcel19 my another number is 09095587237 please I quickly need the information.
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by Aniwura(m): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
I'm highly encouraged by reading this, pls i seriously need help. I started my poutry farm of two hundred layers of day old last year.but I only succeeded in raising fifty five as at today. The most painful aspect of it is that, I've spent a lot on drug and feed and could not get more than four egg a day since a month ago it clock six months old. I don't want to give up simply because of this, so I need your advice, encouragement and support to do more this new year. Awaiting your contributions pls,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by Hammedadetayo(m): 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
MasExcel19:
If you have enough space, why wait till after every 7 weeks or 9 weeks before you start selling your birds?

Why don't you build a system that allows you sell chickens every month or even every week or better still every day?

Why can't you create your business to meet every day demand in meat or eggs?

Did you know how much your business stands to surfer from small buyers especially those who buy less than 10 chickens and return after many days to buy same number again?

Picture this, you stock 500 birds and at harvest, you have a buyer who comes in and buys 200 birds at once and another a 100 birds all at once. In 1 day you sold off 300 birds and are left with 200 birds which finishes within days before a week elapse. What do you think this would do to your business?

Chickens are as delicate as perishable goods. The more they stay the more you spend on them and they don't take any apology plus if you feed them less during harvest, their weights starts getting light. This would mean that buyers will start pricing them low. So you have enough chickens at harvest which has delayed in sales, and to manage money, you feed them less and they become less heavier, your customers come in after long time and start pricing them low. In frustration you decide to sell off but there is another problem, these buyers buy in small quantities so that you will have to wait longer again. This would mean that you could start using the same money gotten from the sales to feed your birds. If this happens to you twice you could get frustrated out of the business just 6months of starting.

Poultry farming as well as any business has their secrets. It is only the experienced ones that can show you exactly what they have faced doing such business for years and you can avoid them and do something different so that you thrive while others are struggling.

You can take many days or time planning your business or you can simply thrive on someone's templates.�

Whatever you do, make sure your business is working.

Go and win!
pls am interested 08133679462 is my WhatsApp number.

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by fellowblack: 3:37am On Jan 02, 2018
Interested 08053434939

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 7:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Aniwura:
I'm highly encouraged by reading this, pls i seriously need help. I started my poutry farm of two hundred layers of day old last year.but I only succeeded in raising fifty five as at today. The most painful aspect of it is that, I've spent a lot on drug and feed and could not get more than four egg a day since a month ago it clock six months old. I don't want to give up simply because of this, so I need your advice, encouragement and support to do more this new year. Awaiting your contributions pls,thanks.

Sorry about your loss @Aniwura. Please reach me on the contacts just below this post.
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
Picture these two scenarios:
============

Farmer A, buys his doc at NGN200 per bird and bought 100 birds in all ie a total of NGN20,000. Assuming he is used to spending NGN50,000 (vaccines,drugs and feeds inclusive) on the conventional method of rearing for the period of 8 weeks. Assuming he uses 20 bags of feeds for the said period and buys each bag at NGN2,000. It means he spent NGN40,000 on feeds in the above mentioned NGN50,000 leaving the remaining NGN10,000 as expenditure for drugs, vaccines, transportation etc. Assuming he buys 2 bags of feeds every two weeks and spend NGN400 on transport each time for 8 weeks he would have spent NGN1600 on just transport of feeds. Let me leave it here�

*Remember total cost of production for farmer A is NGN70,000*

*Balance from Farmer A from the NGN10,000 is NGN8,400. That is the money used for drugs, vaccines etc*

==============

Farmer B also rears 100 birds but is smart, knows when and where to buy quality doc at cheaper rates than Farmer A and buys his birds earlier or after Farmer A at NGN130 for the 100 birds he would have spent NGN13,000. Farmer B uses a more advanced method of rearing his birds achieves same weight as Farmer A in 7 weeks instead of 8 weeks. And though he uses the same 20 bags of feeds for these period, he found a way to either buy his feeds at NGN1800 per bag or made his feeds to bring each cost of feed at NGN1500 per bag. Let us assume he bought the feeds at NGN1800 he would have spent NGN36,000 on feeds. Let say he is smart and bought 10 bags to last 4 weeks and spends NGN500 twice on Transport that is NGN1000 in total. If we assume the NGN8400 of farmer A to also be the cost of vaccines, drugs and others then the total cost of production for Farmer B would be *NGN57,400*

So Farmer A spends *NGN70,000* rearing 100 birds while Farmer B spends *NGN57,400* on the same 100 birds

===========
Now both Farmer A and B goes to the same market and sales their birds at price ranges NGN800 - NGN1000 per bird.

================
I have only 3 questions:

1. Which of the farmer above is suffering or doing something wrong?

2. Who is making more profit?

3. Who is likely to get frustrated out of business?

*Don't just farm. If you must farm, farm right�*
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by shyenar999(m): 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
MasExcel19:
============

Farmer A, buys his doc at NGN200 per bird and bought 100 birds in all ie a total of NGN20,000. Assuming he is used to spending NGN50,000 (vaccines,drugs and feeds inclusive) on the conventional method of rearing for the period of 8 weeks. Assuming he uses 20 bags of feeds for the said period and buys each bag at NGN2,000. It means he spent NGN40,000 on feeds in the above mentioned NGN50,000 leaving the remaining NGN10,000 as expenditure for drugs, vaccines, transportation etc. Assuming he buys 2 bags of feeds every two weeks and spend NGN400 on transport each time for 8 weeks he would have spent NGN1600 on just transport of feeds. Let me leave it here�

*Balance from Farmer A from the NGN10,000 is NGN8,400. That is the money used for drugs, vaccines etc*

==============

Farmer B also rears 100 birds but is smart, knows when and where to buy quality doc at cheaper rates than Farmer A and buys his birds earlier or after Farmer A at NGN130 for the 100 birds he would have spent NGN13,000. Farmer B uses a more advanced method of rearing his birds achieves same weight as Farmer A in 7 weeks instead of 8 weeks. And though he uses the same 20 bags of feeds for these period, he found a way to either buy his feeds at NGN1800 per bag or made his feeds to bring each cost of feed at NGN1500 per bag. Let us assume he bought the feeds at NGN1800 he would have spent NGN36,000 on feeds. Let say he is smart and bought 10 bags to last 4 weeks and spends NGN500 twice on Transport that is NGN1000 in total. If we assume the NGN8400 of farmer A to also be the cost of vaccines, drugs and others then the total cost of production for Farmer B would be *NGN57,400*

So Farmer A spends *NGN70,000* rearing 100 birds while Farmer B spends *NGN57,400* on the same 100 birds

===========
Now both Farmer A and B goes to the same market and sales their birds at price ranges NGN800 - NGN1000 per bird.

================
I have only 3 questions:

MasExcel19 post=64
MasExcel19:
Hey NairaLanders!

I hope you're having a great time this season?

I just want to share with you some secrets that will help you in 2018.

One of the great things you need to do in 2018 is to clearly define your goals together with all the logistics to making them happen. I will explain.

Personally I have goals for almost every aspect of my life, business, relationship, finance, job etc.

Each of these comes with their separate headings, for business, it will be *business goals for 2018*, for finance *Financial goals for 2018* just like that but this would not make any meaning if its not directed to the owner of the goals. So what I do next on the next page is to personalise each section and each goal, so I add the word "my" to each section ie *"My Business goal for 2018"*, *"My financial goals for 2018"* and so on. All these are important as they help your subconscious mind assimilate each goals and give you a spiritual energy to fulfilling them.

Now, if you write all your goals and do nothing you won't make any progress at all. I am telling you this because I have been writing and smashing most of my goals since 2007 that's 10years experience in this thing.

The next thing you do after writing and personalising your goals is to create, work out the logistics and then initiate.

Why is he teaching us about *goals* in an agribusiness foeum someone might ask?

Its simple, you can't hit a target you don't see or even know it existed. If you must grow in agribusiness, you must be strategic about it and this include setting definite goalso.

Assuming one of your goals for 2018 is to make 1million naira. What you want to do is to break that sum into daily, weekly or monthly fragments so that it total makes a million naira.

To make 1million naira in one year, you will need to make 83,333.33 naira every month or 2,778 naira every day of 2018.

Now is it possible to make 2,778 naira every day? Or 20,833.33 naira every week? I think its very possible.

You see if you break down your financial goals like what we've done above, it becomes easy for you to think *possibility*. What you do next is ask yourself how you will be making that sum daily, weekly or monthly throughout 2018. If you don't have any idea this means you have to *create* it.

Let's go into agribusiness, shall we?

Assuming your major problem in 2017 was difficulty in selling off your birds at harvest. Let me first show you the impact of this, if you stock say 500 birds, on a very good feeding program you should start selling off from 7 weeks (see I have sold off birds from 5 weeks) now if it takes you about 3 or 4 weeks to sell off 500 birds what this would do is increase your cost of production, then increase your labour, decrease your profits and reduce your turnover rates within the year.

I know you don't understand, so I will further explain. A person who raises his/her birds within 7 weeks and takes about 1 week to sell off will stock birds at least 6 times within the year (assuming he/she has built a steady business). The one who raises his birds within 9 weeks and takes 3 weeks to sell off will only be able to run 4 rounds within 1 year. In your opinion which of these category of farmers will make more MONEY? First person or second?

Let me show you�

Now, let us assume that it cost 40,000 for the first person to raise his/her birds (500) for 7 weeks and an extra 5,715 naira to maintain during 1 week sales period. This would mean a total of 45,715 naira as production cost for the period of 8 weeks. This assumption means that the farmer spends 5,715 naira every week feeding his stock.

Every Poultry farmer knows that each flock will always have some bigger than others and if you're not selling in bulk the impact of this would be really *devastating* and if you ever make mistake in choosing breeds, you could end up having more wrungs (the smallest ones that don't even grow no matter what you do) and a few heavier chickens.

Back to our illustrations....

Let us assume that the first person sold off 200 birds at 200 naira, 200 birds at 150 naira and the remaining 100 birds at 100 naira. This would mean a total of 80,000 in sales. Remember his production cost was 45,715. This would mean a profit of 34,285 naira. If this person does this for 6 times within the year, he will make a total of 205,710 naira profits.

On the same cost of production per week ie 5,715, the second person spends 51,435 raising his birds in 9 weeks and another 17,145 naira during sales period of 3 weeks. This brings the production cost to a total of 68,580 naira. This would be more because as chickens grow they feed more and drink more too but let's just use that figure.

Now on sales, let's assume he sold 200 birds at 300 naira, 200 birds at 200naira and 100 birds at 150 naira this would bring his total sales to 115,000 naira. His profit would be (115,000-68,580) 46,420 naira. Remember he can only go 4 times a year, so in a year he will be making 185,680 naira.

First person makes 205,710 naira profits within a year while the second person makes 185,680. The difference in profit is *20,030naira*.

There is no magic in this thing, if you don't know how to build your business so that it forms a systematic cash flow, you will continue to surfer in it. So sit down and do it NOW!

What if I can further help you raise a weight you can sell at almost same price as the second person in our illustrations above? You raise heavier weight chickens and sell off on time at almost same price as the one who keeps his at a longer time then you continue to turn over your business systematically and make more profits.

What if I can show you how to choose a good breed so that you have more of the bigger chickens in your flock and avoid too many wrungs?

What if I can teach you how to build different feeding programs that you can use to grow specific weights to meet your customers demands?

What if I can show you exactly how to grow heavy weight chickens with less fat and more meat so that your chickens are not just heavy but also healthy for consumption?

*What if I can just show you everything?*
253157:

============

==============

===========

================
I have only 3 questions:

My interest

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 9:26am On Jan 17, 2018
shyenar999:
253157]Picture these two scenarios:
============

==============

===========

================
I have only 3 questions:

My interest

Great!
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by Amen24(f): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
Interested 07034831445
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2018
Amen24:
Interested

Great
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by Olamipapa(m): 11:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
I am interested bro. 08062398626
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by wallexxy77: 1:23am On Jan 25, 2018
I'm interested 08062192949
Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by MasExcel19(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2018
Please do not leave your number on the thread. Follow the contacts on my profile picture if you want to be added to our online platform. You can WhatsApp the number and request to join the group. I do not want this thread to be shut down because of going against the rules.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Developing Formidable Strategies For Your Poultry Farming Business In 2018 by ashpanez: 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
pls send me ur contact thru my email chinonsojustice83@gmail.com. I want to be part of the group but i can't access ur contact, pls and pls

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ileya Ram 90k / Buy Your Farm Land At Oshele Abeokuta / Starting Snail Farming -Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.