Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,984 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health (562 Views)

Doctor Claims Orαl Sex Is Worse Than Smoking And Alcohol For Throat Cancer / This Happens When You Take Tramadol, Alcohol For Sex........try This / A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health by TalkTechNG: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
As the clocks strike midnight on New Year’s Eve, I will finish a 12-month stretch of self-imposed sobriety. A year ago I had got to a point where I was drinking alcohol and smoking too much and – until the moment when I decided to quit – I was largely in denial about the impact it was having on my mental health.

The scale of my drinking was normal for the social circles I was in. Whether the people I was with came together through work, football or friendship, drinking was commonplace.

But by the end of 2016, I felt uncomfortably overweight and my mental health was getting worse. I regularly experienced what I would describe as depression and felt weighed down with angst. In hindsight, these feelings were particularly pronounced after drinking, but they were becoming routine.

I was often telling myself I wasn’t good enough or that I was failing in my professional life. These thoughts were irrational, but as a driven person, keen to push on in my career in public relations, they were all the more intense.

Read full content @ http://www.healthward.com.ng/alcohol-salvaged-mental-health/

1 Like

Re: How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health by Tasmithanderson: 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
Addiction to alcohol might be a problem.
Re: How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health by TalkTechNG: 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2018
Tasmithanderson:
Addiction to alcohol might be a problem.
You're on point smith
Re: How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health by Tasmithanderson: 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
TalkTechNG:

You're on point smith
My pleasure
Re: How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health by TalkTechNG: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2018
But there are lot of reasons why people become alcohol addict
Re: How Giving Up Alcohol For A Year Salvaged My Mental Health by Tasmithanderson: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
TalkTechNG:
But there are lot of reasons why people become alcohol addict
Truth!

(1) (Reply)

Sports Research Sweet Sweat Waist Trimmer (pink Logo) For Men & Women. Includes / Pls Is Evening Primrose And Wate On Good For The Body / Hives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.