Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,128 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

"No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer (13062 Views)

"No Change In Resumption Dates"- OAU DSA / “no Change In Resumption Date ” – OAU Public Relations Officer / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by OAUPeeps: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
By Farombi Oluwaseun @OAUPeeps

With few days left to the proposed resumption date of academic activities in Obafemi Awolowo University, the university management has resolved that resumption holds as earlier scheduled despite the consistent agitation by the NASU, SSANU, and NAAT union members on campus.

Speaking with OAU Peeps News Agency , the University Public Relations Officer, Mr. Abiodun Olanrewaju stated that there is no change in resumption date. He further added that academic activities will commence immediately students resume.

Reacting to questions from OAU Peeps News Agency, the University Dean of Students’ Affairs, Prof. I.A Aransi affirmed that the resumption date remains 2nd January and cannot be altered. " The End of the year break has been terminated,students should resume",He further added.

When asked as to whether the university management has already found a way to circumvent the effect of the ongoing Joint Non-Teaching Staff protest , Prof. Aransi said the students should leave that for the management to handle.

Also, while speaking with our correspondent,the OAU NASU Chairman, Comrade Odewunmi said the Union doesn't recognize the resumption date. In his words "we were not involved when students students were given break, We don't know anything about the resumption ".
He further added that he cannot advice students to either resume or not as they do not have any issue with the school management but the Federal government. "" The indefinite strike still continues,but if students resume, we will try our best to see that the academic environment is conducive for them but we cannot guarantee that as we are working with the order from Abuja"", he further stated.

It will be recalled that the Senate of the University declared an " End Of The Year Break" to students on December 5,2017 as a result of the unpalatable occurrences occasioned by the infefinite strike action of the Obafemi Awolowo University branch of the Non - Teaching Staff, which comprises Non Academic Staff Union (NASU), Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT),against the Federal Government over an alleged disparity in the disbursement of Earned allowance to all the staff unions in Nigerian Universities.

Consequently, the students are expected to resume on Tuesday, 2nd January, while lectures commence on Wednesday, 3rd January, 2018.

However, as the time of filing this report, water supply has been restored to Halls of residence though in dark as electricity has not been restored including the academics environment of the university.

Source
http://www.oaupeeps.com/2017/12/no-change-in-resumption-date-oau-pro.html
OAU Peeps News Agency

Cc:Lalasticlala,Fynestboi

Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
its okay...
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by erifeoluwasimi(f): 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
abi now.....They should not come and spoil calendar again
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Tplkenny: 3:03am On Jan 01, 2018
Realease DE list o o o
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by AleAirHub(m): 7:09am On Jan 01, 2018
Noted

HAPPY NEW YEAR... kiss
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by profmsboi(m): 7:09am On Jan 01, 2018
Me, I no go go school tomorrow, maybe next week
Make I celebrate wella
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by kolawoleibukun: 7:10am On Jan 01, 2018
Burahi no send weda poor men pikin go school or not. wetin concern dem wen all their pikin dem day abroad day school.
Adeboye no go fit stand up for him people?? He is from Osun state and should put mouth for this matter. if na him school dem day play with like this e no go take am. some old men just wicked to people. no be pastors for America day organise protest against government? this old men sit down for aso rock just keep quiet make government day play with the poor.

see Atiku with his potato head day go wish wizkid congratulations for award when him no no how the boy take win. him no see this news? all dem day read this news dem go just lock up. very wicked people. why cant they condemn this evil?

adeboye way come from Osun no fit talk? na Freeze matter dem go carry for head. simple things like this they can use their office to influence but they are licking politicians nyarsch becos of money. who go come go fight for poor man?

dem day prophecy success for people lives. how? how people won take succeed when dem take their education day play. the one way succeed dem go say make e bring the one billion way he go steal. pastors no day ask where people get the money way dem day give them.

that one way call himself vice president day there day for kpekpeye neck for aso rock. what are we paying these people for? na story we just day read for here and people day suffer day die.

Atiku how we go take believe say you better pass burahi? you no fit talk put for this matter?

Tinubu sef carry dirty teeth sitdown for corner. all the things way awolowo do una no fit save him name? una for change the name of the school make awolowo rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by freshkpomo(m): 7:15am On Jan 01, 2018
people still dey go school With the way Nigeria be now school nor get value again oh!!

1 Like

Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by opera1(m): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2018
Dat simply implies that "No Holiday*
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by directonpc(m): 7:24am On Jan 01, 2018
Poke! Let's you communicate with other students from your campus anonymously without exposing your true identity. It is fun and easy to use.

Simply download the app from Google play via: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nocturne.fleek to get started.

For now, Poke! Specially Supports OAU, University of Nigeria, Enugu and University of Mkar, Benue state. If you will love us to add your campus simply comment. Thanks!
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by safarigirl(f): 7:25am On Jan 01, 2018
Na wa o, OAU...dem no go even allow una digest the New Year food before una enter car begin dey go school. Some won't even get to spend New Year with their families and will be travelling today. 2nd is too early now.

Most schools are resuming on the 8th

2 Likes

Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by castrol180(m): 7:28am On Jan 01, 2018
Ife? But I learnt the postgraduate admission form closed on the 31st Dec 2017...this tradition of perpetual closing and opening of the institution is something. Just don't turn my 4 semesters into 4 years just because of Msc.
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by lahnre1: 7:29am On Jan 01, 2018
Who knows if the msc form is still on sale?
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Timekeeper: 7:30am On Jan 01, 2018
wow i make FTC. that oau her tu slow lik opolo frogl. that ilaro poly don start section sins octoba. no they must nt resumed oo. oba pass glori ni oau.
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by lahnre1: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2018
castrol180:
Ife? But I learnt the postgraduate admission form closed on the 31st Dec 2017...this tradition of perpetual closing and opening of the institution is something. Just don't turn my 4 semesters into 4 years just because of Msc.

I want to apply . I don't know if that's still possible.
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by basugar441(m): 7:54am On Jan 01, 2018
lahnre1:

I want to apply . I don't know if that's still possible.

it is still available. Closing by January 15
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by QuietHammer(m): 8:07am On Jan 01, 2018
Oba adánidúró University
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by AiiVee(m): 8:23am On Jan 01, 2018
where two elephants fight, its the grass that always suffers
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2018
Lmao, now my sister won't bw happy with this. Very lazy girl
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 01, 2018
smiley
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Omoalhaja77: 8:54am On Jan 01, 2018
@Lahnre1, i want to apply too...but i dunno if d form is still on sale.
@basugar441...how sure are u dat d PG Form hasnt closed?
08168029181(my whattsap line)...plz letz chat guyz.

*****Modified******
I just checked OAU NetQue Site, d deadline has bn shifted truely. Tanx 4d info @ basugar441
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Deflorence(f): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2018
Ok.

Gwazie ndi be unu
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Adams011(m): 9:22am On Jan 01, 2018
QuietHammer:
Oba Adniduro University
Check your sef wella, you well?

1 Like

Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by QuietHammer(m): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2018
Adams011:

Check your sef wella, you well?
Bleep off
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by ArmadillopgpA: 9:50am On Jan 01, 2018
How about people just offered admission,how them go take pay?
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by firstclassmumu: 10:07am On Jan 01, 2018
SnakeXenzia:
Lmao, now my sister won't bw happy with this. Very lazy girl
I swear she really lazy
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by samdeto(m): 10:26am On Jan 01, 2018
they no wan release admission list
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by superfelix: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
chai!
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Heemmanelz(m): 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
na 2day we supose resume yeye ppl
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by CoachEdward(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2018
who is aware about OAU DE admission list.
Re: "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer by Sola2010: 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2018
lahnre1:
Who knows if the msc form is still on sale?
The for is still on sale to January 15.

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Quantitative Reasoning 6. Please I Need Help. / Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams / 15 FUTO Students Arrested For Leading Protest Against School Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.