Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? (18689 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hello everyone...
What does it actually mean to go to church with white candle sticks on crossover nights. Because I can still remember clearly when I was growing up back in the days, we'd see almost everybody going to church with white candle sticks on crossover nights and if you don't have, it'll be as if you came from another world entirely...
That was when I'd start looking for a white candle stick to buy and in a situation whereby I could not get any, I'd beg someone who had to share with. And so it was that few minutes to the screaming/mention of happy new year, some peeps have already lit up their candle sticks. They would hold their lighted candle sticks till they got home and put them somewhere around the house until it'd burn down completely...
Meanwhile, I didn't even know the reason behind it then o, but I've been following the trend... But I later stopped doing it since I don't know exactly what it means and ever since then, I've been pondering on what it actually means...

So anyone should please help with the meaning o... To know whether to buy tonight or not o... Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by ClitoPen: 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
I think it's a belief that doing so is lighting your way into the new year.
Light is always chosen over darkness...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
I don't know too.

Jus an hour ago I called my GF to show up so we do crossover together in my room she refused and asked me to follow her to church to do the cross over there walai I felt like slapping her...... I mean how can someone b tht wicked

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Samogbo1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Please, where is Nwamaikpe

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by opestein: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2017

18 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by austino677(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Bia op goto church.... 2018 will reply you.. tongue
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by 2019elections: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Every church with her beliefs. candle sticks don't make one holy neither do they make u unholy. I've seen whores holding candle sticks at crossover nyt.

happy new year in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by daveP(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
angry
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by jeeqaa7(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
To renew your pledge of religious slavery ... Bunch of hypocrites!!!

Christians these days seek prosperity much more than they seek Jesus Christ.

Who do Nigerian Christians worship?

Like for God
Share for Money (celebrity GO's)

7 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
I don't see the spiritual connotation but candle light processions are beautiful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by everlymoore86(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
W
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by princetom1(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
Dry dot com. This is what happens wen what u practice has no bearing in the Bible...

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Samogbo1(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
opestein:
una see una lives?

Funny guy
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by olamil34(m): 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
so that you will be able to see in 2018

get the best prices from different stores on quickfinda.com
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
It is traditional..
Light your way up to the new year.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Niyeal(m): 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Space booking must ending this year2017

3 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by princemillla(m): 9:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ur faith back by ur belief ..... Lighting ur way to the new year..

Common wit we the celestials
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by 4reala(m): 9:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
U are talking of trend u saw in the past. OP Pls are u still living in the past?
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
angry

∆ Idolatry and Fetishisms in disguise ∆

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by vision2050: 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
I come here to read comments, grin grin. Like if you come to read comments. I see IPOD attacking Afonja, Islamic extremist will abuse Christian. Names calling and others. cool

3 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Darkseid(m): 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
Samogbo1:
Please, where is Nwamaikpe
Baba don go hustle for knockout banger.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Atiku2019: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Tradition of lighting up your new year
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by henrybomb(m): 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
I don't know too.

Jus an hour ago I called my GF to show up so we do crossover together in my room she refused and asked me to follow her to church to do the cross over there walai I felt like slapping her...... I mean how can someone b tht wicked
Badt guy
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by yanshDoctor: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
life.

candle represent light. and light is life.

the lamb of life.

its part of the synagogues temple to burnt candle.

also crossover is during the night. so you are light of the world. light up your candle in the night.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by babyfaceafrica: 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ask your pastor
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Edopesin: 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Say Who Die Ashe Ju Lo Mahn Pa Wa Ni Country Yi Sha All These Must End Today
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by ReubenE(m): 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
It is just a belief.
The candle is to light up your way into the new year. Back then in my village, people light candles even on graves.... The sight of the candles is beautiful though
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by Samogbo1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Darkseid:
Baba don go hustle for knock outs

I pray da guy repent ds new yr.
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by FrenchWay: 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2017

Cus they want to burn down the year literally
Re: Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? by AlanSugar(m): 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
ClitoPen:
I think it's a belief that doing so is lighting your way into the new year.
Light is always chosen over darkness...

Now I understand the reason why nepa no gree give light, imagine on a night like this, no light! Abi dem wan make we carry darkness enter the new year, will this then not affect the bright side of the new year? Choi, we aff suffer!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs Urgent Spiritual Help – Adeboye / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / You Have Nothing to Show For 2 Years - Kaduna Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.