Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,636 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

One Lagos Fiesta Badagry-the Untold Stories And Behind The Scenes - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / One Lagos Fiesta Badagry-the Untold Stories And Behind The Scenes (1104 Views)

Press Conference For GREATER LAGOS FIESTA 2022 / Wizkid Shutdown One Lagos Fiesta / Photos From One Lagos Fiesta, Agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Lagos Fiesta Badagry-the Untold Stories And Behind The Scenes by AliJohn(m): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2018
[img]https://3.bp..com/-IjcJNAEjHVo/Wkgf_lWLSzI/AAAAAAAABOY/1_ioZXvPKb0J0SPNnzuuuo-t15BJ9StwwCEwYBhgL/s1600/IMG-20171230-WA0029.jpg[/img]
Badagrians are complaining seriously about "Badagry One lagos fiesta" it has been the worst ever.....
The official MC ( MC Oracle) jumbled and muddled everything up...
Badagrian are complaining and the Co MC's also has something to say...
MC Freedom Okolo WROTE:
I have been told to betray my community (Badagry) thrice on the One Lagos Fiesta stage, that was why I wasn't on stage on the 5th day of the show...
By virtue of working on and backstage, I got an information that most of the "so-called" A-list artistes refused coming to Badagry due to distance and the money they were paid was small. So I made a suggestion that our A-list (Badagry's known artistes from different genres of music) should be brought up and remunerated. Our juju artistes were brought up after so many quarrels with the organizers... What about our hip-hop artistes? Maybe they'll be given an audience before the show ends
The MC that is been complained about insult me and spat on my face. Firstly, he asked me who contracted me for the job and after telling him that I'm a standby MC, who wasn't contracted, he felt he was the boss. On an occasion, he told me that "I should remember I report to him." This is something that Koffi wouldn't even say to me, Koffi always appreciates my input. MC Oracle (the said MC) told the organizers that he doesn't want me on stage with him, so I stayed back on the 5th day. I believe we can all see his mess. How do our entertainers get the needed recognition so as to avoid these insults? Who should recommend us to the OLF committee? I reported these issues and more to Mr. Tunde Ajose, Hon. Yahaya Lateef and Sewedo Olalekan Samuel...
So many artistes are been brought from other divisions to perform while ours are been neglected. I had misunderstanding with the organizers before Bamidele and EV Elechi, they later confessed that these were the best performances of the 4th day. Before Bamidele's performance, he was earlier harassed by the artistes' manager, who has always taken it as a habit to invite people from Agege and Ikorodu for performances, what about somebody like Tee Q Bello? Even Demcall Mee Scope was treated as an upcomer
I see myself doing the fighting alone and since the "pen is mightier than the sword", abeg make una help me ooo
MC Olubukola Agemo WROTE : "In response to MC freedom article" WROTE :
Very true, I did Co MC With MC freedom on Monday and I saw few of these things apen...... Being an indigene of badagry automatically subjected me to being referred as "local and incompetent MC" ...... Mr Peter Mesewaku was super supportive and encouraging even tho e wasn't in badagry in d course of d program. All thanks to him, but e cldnt av done more since there already existed a stigma attached to badagry. It was my first experience at d event and I must commend the efforts and resistance of MC freedom Okolo , he is indeed a real representative, even tho e barely got the level of encouragement he deserves.......something really needs to be done, this is home and we shld be treated like we belong here..... in all we need to love ourselves and encourage ourselves first, we need to stand together for ourselves......
This is a big slap on Badagry face.....

http://tobigram..com/2018/01/one-lagos-fiesta-badagry-untold-stories.html

Cc lala ,cc seun

(1) (Reply)

Gift Packages For Your Loved Ones In Benin City / Married Woman Beating And Stripped For Sleeping With Another Womans Husband / 2013 Nigerian Hospitality And Tourism Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.