Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? (904 Views)

If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? / Did Old Testament Saint Became Righteous Through Their Works? / Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by traeces(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
Job, Abraham, Isaac, Moses, David, Elijah, Elisha, down till Jesus were not Christians so if heaven is for only Christians, where will these lot spend eternity?
Please thoughts should be Bible-based

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by mikejj(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
and what scripture says heaven is for christians.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by traeces(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2018
mikejj:
and what scripture says heaven is for christians.
John 3:3 which says "Unless a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." and several others. If in any case you think otherwise, what are your thoughts?
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by mikejj(m): 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2018
traeces:

John 3:3 which says "Unless a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." and several others. If in any case you think otherwise, what are your thoughts?
i wont be far from the if i say nt all christians are born again.rev 20v13 c.every man will be judged according to his works.so heaven is for the righteous one whose garment are clean.
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by mikejj(m): 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
traeces:

i wont be far from the truth if i say nt all christians are born again.rev 20v13 c.every man will be judged according to his works.so heaven is for the righteous one whose garment are clean.
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by ysyowel(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2018
heaven is for believers and not church goers, Abraham saw Jesus and h believe in him so are all the prophets and all righteous people
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by hadow(m): 12:12am On Jan 02, 2018
traeces:
Job, Abraham, Isaac, Moses, David, Elijah, Elisha, down till Jesus were not Christians so if heaven is for only Christians, where will these lot spend eternity?

to start with i don't think Elijah's name should be written because he surely ascended into heaven.

The answer to your question is that they were kept in a place of wait till Jesus died. Let's look at Matthew CH 27:51-53 these verses explain explicitly what happened so it is then made easy to connote that when he died he conquered death and hell so those who were there and were willing to accept him were the ones who appeared to their relatives and thus ascend to heaven.

pls signify if it isn't clear enough. Shalom

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by hadow(m): 12:16am On Jan 02, 2018
The deal here is we have more believers than Christians. and those are d people who aren't ready to forsake their old lives, they are the ones who taste old and new wine but still go on to say old wine suits them. May God help us in Jesus name
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by traeces(m): 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
hadow:

to start with i don't think Elijah's name should be written because he surely ascended into heaven.

The answer to your question is that they were kept in a place of wait till Jesus died. Let's look at Matthew CH 27:51-53 these verses explain explicitly what happened so it is then made easy to connote that when he died he conquered death and hell so those who were there and were willing to accept him were the ones who appeared to their relatives and thus ascend to heaven.

I did not know this until now. I have been prompted to ask this question publicly so it can be trashed publicly and keep people from being misinformed.

In addition to this answer, the bible says in Hebrews 11:2 "It was by their faith that people of ancient times won God's approval." GNT

So even though Jesus had not died in the old testament. The terms of the covenant or agreement between God and man were in place and as many as believed had appended their signature so to speak to the agreement. So what remained for them was God's signature ( the blood of Jesus).

So once Jesus died, it fully executed the new covenant and gave all who died in faith before the death and resurrection of Jesus access to God's throne.

CC: My unfortunate friend, @daddyfreeze of #freethesheeples movement.
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by hadow(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
traeces:

I did not know this until now. I have been prompted to ask this question publicly so it can be trashed publicly and keep people from being misinformed.

In addition to this answer, the bible says in Hebrews 11:2 "It was by their faith that people of ancient times won God's approval." GNT

So even though Jesus had not died in the old testament. The terms of the covenant or agreement between God and man were in place and as many as believed had appended their signature so to speak to the agreement. So what remained for them was God's signature ( the blood of Jesus).

So once Jesus died, it fully executed the new covenant and gave all who died in faith before the death and resurrection of Jesus access to God's throne.

exactly cry
traeces:

exactly
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
mikejj:
i wont be far from the truth if i say nt all christians are born again.rev 20v13 c.every man will be judged according to his works.so heaven is for the righteous one whose garment are clean.

this is the problem with Christianity, one verse says very man would be judged by works,the other says its not by works but by grace,nawooo
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
There is no Heaven!
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by hadow(m): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2018
jean1128:

this is the problem with Christianity, one verse says very man would be judged by works,the other says its not by works but by grace,nawooo

u get in by grace and u are justified by ur works
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by mikejj(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
jean1128:

dont be confuse just do your thing with clean heart
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by joshnes(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
Jesus preached to all of them. Pertaining to where they were before Jesus died, I can not say with biblical reference. But I can say that He preached to the dead. "By which He also went and preached unto the spirits in prison." (1Peter 3:19). "For for this cause was the gospel preached to them that are dead, that they may be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." (1Peter 4:6). So, Jesus preached to them all, any who believes, heaven is sure.
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
mikejj:
dont be confuse just do your thing with clean heart

Lol am no Christian, just sayin
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
hadow:

u get in by grace and u are justified by ur works

support it with the bible
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
mikejj:
i wont be far from the if i say nt all christians are born again.rev 20v13 c.every man will be judged according to his works.so heaven is for the righteous one whose garment are clean.

if it's about works of righteousness.... don't prepare for it... none shall be justified by the law
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by mikejj(m): 5:44am On Jan 03, 2018
Ferisidowu:

if it's about works of righteousness.... don't prepare for it... none shall be justified by the law
ok jesus christ is the truth and the way.
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by dnawah(m): 8:00am On Jan 03, 2018
traeces:
heaven get grade,the bible mentions the third heaven,those people are somewhere there.work hard so that u will go and see 4 urself.
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by traeces(m): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2018
jean1128:

Lol am no Christian, just sayin

My dear, why in the world are you not a Christian? Jesus will not leave his throne and come and die just so you could become a Christian if the need was not acute. I invite you to cease from merely existing and live life for Jesus came that we might have life and have it to the full. (Jn 10:10)
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by traeces(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2018
jean1128:

I have come to realize that anything that seems contradictory in all of the bible only appears so to the man looking at it from afar. On the issue you raised, the bible is unequivocally clear. Let me itemize my points for clarity;

1) Salvation is by faith in the son of God. In other words, like that thief that was crucified with Christ, anyone who gets to believe on his deathbed will make heaven on the basis of his faith.-Jn 3:16, ROM 10

2) Faith is related to works as faith can only be expressed in good deeds. "...How can you show me your faith if you don't have good deeds?...Can't you see that faith without good deeds is useless?" James 2:18,20 NLT. So the faith of someone who "accepts christ" but continues to live a life of sin is useless. Christians are not saved to live anyhow but to live godly lives BY THE GRACE OF GOD- Titus 2:11

3) So Rev 22:12 agrees with several other scriptures in making it clear that while an angel is not going to come down to prevent you from fornicating or stealing or lying, you will be judged in accordance with what you do not just your verbal profession of faith. That will be your visa of course, but we all know that it is not enough for you to get a visa to the USA for example, you are going to have to buy your plane ticket, get on the plane and travel in order to get to the USA. We Christians are also required to work out our salvation with fear and trembling-Phil 2:12
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Peacefullove: 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
mikejj:

Unless , Note the words " Unless"

abeg, David is born again ?

its like you guys need to define what u mean by born again
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Peacefullove: 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2018
hadow:

Does you mean Jesus lied when he came years later and said No MAN has ascended to heaven ? tell me

The answer to your question is that they were kept in a place of wait till Jesus died.

Which place and where was it mentioned for inside bible ?

Let's look at Matthew CH 27:51-53 these verses explain explicitly what happened so it is then made easy to connote that when he died he conquered death and hell so those who were there and were willing to accept him were the ones who appeared to their relatives and thus ascend to heaven

Are you making up the bolded ? because I didn't see such in that verse u mentioned o.

besides, If it took Jesus 40 days after his been ressurected to go to heaven, where are those people during that time ?

yeah, the parts has been signified
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by petra1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2018
traeces:

They all became Christians na. Jesus went to hades .

1 Peter 4:6 (KJV)
For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Ephesians 3:15 (KJV)
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by hadow(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2018
jean1128:

support it with the bible
romans 8:15-21 and revelation 20:12
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by hadow(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2018
Peacefullove:

Does you mean Jesus lied when he came years later and said No MAN has ascended to heaven ? tell me.
pls quote the full verse and from where.

revelation 20:13

Are you making up the bolded ? because I didn't see such in that verse u mentioned o.

trus

besides, If it took Jesus 40 days after his been ressurected to go to heaven, where are those people during that time ?

the fact that I am a Christian does not mean I have answers to everything and u can ask someone more versed in the bible than I am for answers. but I think they ascended when he woke up

Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by traeces(m): 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2018
Peacefullove:

Does you mean Jesus lied when he came years later and said No MAN has ascended to heaven ? tell me

In answer to your question regarding where men of God who died before the death of Jesus went, Jesus alluded to a place he called Abraham's bosom where a CERTAIN beggar named Lazarus was carried by angels to after he died. The bible describes the place as a place of comfort. (Luke 16:20-25).

That was where men of God who died before the death and resurrection of Jesus most probably went.
Re: If Heaven Is For Only Christians, Where Will All The Old Testament Saint Go? by Peacefullove: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
traeces:

In answer to your question regarding where men of God who died before the death of Jesus went, Jesus alluded to a place he called Abraham's bosom where a CERTAIN beggar named Lazarus was carried by angels to after he died. The bible describes the place as a place of comfort. (Luke 16:20-25).

That was where men of God who died before the death and resurrection of Jesus most probably went.

As if we don't understand English anymore Bro

Is Abraham Bossom A PLACE ?

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria This Bad? (photos) / Mems On Christian Relationship / Why Do Ladies Scream When Pastors Lay Hands On Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.