Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? (920 Views)

Lionel Messi: A Tribute / L.messi,a.iniesta And C.ronaldo;the Top 3 Nominees For Europes Best Player / Is Messi A Racist? Drenthe Calls Messi A Racists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by medjai(m): 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2010
my answer is no. Messi is at his peak now but remember there have been many before him. What is Messi doing now that Ronaldinho or Rivaldo didn't do? Actually, i fear for Messi's future because i doubt he can maintain this form over the next couple of seasons. Remember Saviola; he started brightly too and now he's in obscurity, Benfica, precisely. The thing is when his form begins to decline no one would remember how prolific he once was. Messi is not a legend yet but if he maintains this form over the next 3 or 4 seasons, he can then be considered.
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by ritchboy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^ sparkling bunkum!
Messi has already surpassed Rivaldo/Ronaldinho. . . Messi of 2006 obliterates Saviola not to mention Messi of 2010.
Has any player ever maintained Messi's current form for "3 or 4 seasons"? Only in Master League/Become A Legend in PES.
If Messi manages to play like this for the next 4 seasons, he would be the greatest ever player by a galaxy.
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
my answer is no. Messi is at his peak now but remember there have been many before him. What is Messi doing now that Ronaldinho or Rivaldo didn't do? Actually, i fear for Messi's future because i doubt he can maintain this form over the next couple of seasons. Remember Saviola; he started brightly too and now he's in obscurity, Benfica, precisely. The thing is when his form begins to decline no one would remember how prolific he once was. Messi is not a legend yet but if he maintains this form over the next 3 or 4 seasons, he can then be considered.

This guy doesnt have a clue and I suspect he supports an EPL team cos its only supporters of EPL that are this clueless.

What did Rivaldo and Ronaldinho do at 22yrs that Messi has not done and even surpassed?

Saviola to Messi? Something is definitely wrong with this guy Why not compare Friday Elaho to Zidane

I think I agree with that Emir who said EPL is the beginning of bad things to Naija youths
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by chic2pimp(m): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2010
I was going to reply your post however Ritchboy and Dayo have both already said what there is to say.

medjai:

Remember Saviola; he started brightly too and now he's in obscurity, Benfica, precisely.
I glanced through your post quickly and as soon as I saw this piece of crap, I realised this thread was started by a . . . . . . . .
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by medjai(m): 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
I'm a barca faithful!
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by medjai(m): 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
I'm a barca faithful and by legend i mean to be put in the same class as Maradona and Pele. Truthfully, there's nothing Messi's doing that Ronaldinho didnt do. Ronaldinho at the peak of his career was the world's footballer back to back and many people wont put him in the class of Maradona or Pele. Raul Gonzales at his peak was the best striker in Europe for 5 consecutive seasons'. When ESPN released the decades XI, he wasnt there. Shevchenko wasnt on it either. I love Messi and i want to him to retire on a high like Zidane but Messi is not a legend, at least not yet.
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by switch411(m): 4:33am On Apr 08, 2010
please who is messi?
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by medjai(m): 9:12am On Apr 08, 2010
Any barca fan that says Messi has done more than Ronaldinho is ungrateful!
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by ochukoccna: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2010
switch411:

please who is messi?
Exactly.
Messi is not even on the same wavelength with Zidane yet, Zidane who's not in the class of Maradona.
What is Messi antecedents in Argentina?
Please stop hyping this inform club player. grin grin tongue tongue
Let him win the World Cup 1st before we start this discussion @ all.
Re: Is It Right To Call Messi A Legend Yet? by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2010
Did baggio, Maldini, Platini, Cryuff, Zico, George Best, Van basten, Gullit, Rijkaard win the World cup?

Cryuff was named Europes best for last Century, did he win the world cup?

(1) (Reply)

Time For Wenger To Strip Cesc Of Arsenal Captaincy / Real Madrid Vs La Galaxy, Predictions? / From Fernando Torres To Bebe - The Premier League's 10 Worst Transfers Of The 2010-11 Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.