Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions (911 Views)

We'll Stand By Buhari To Achieve His Programs For Niger Delta Region- Olu Of War / One Thing I Hope To Achieve This Year / My New Year Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 02, 2018
"A New Year's resolution is a tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person resolves to change an undesired trait or behavior, to accomplish a personal goal or otherwise improve their lives" according to Wikipedia.

Numerous factions are against the whole New Year resolution tradition. Reason being that you can decide to change a character anytime in the year. Why wait until the end of the year? Trust me, this tradition is valued so high that some people go to the extent of having a new year's resolution list.

Somebody may ask, "What is the most important new year resolution?" Statistics have shown the top 10 new year's resolution to include;
Stay fit and healthy 37%
Lose weight 32%
Enjoy life to the fullest 28%
Spend less, save more 25%
Spend more time with family and friends 19%
Get organized 18%
Will not make any resolutions 16%
Learn something new/new hobby 14%
Travel more 14%
Read more 12%

How do I keep my New Year Resolution?

This is the worry and question on people's mouth even as they make the resolutions. We outlined here simple ways to achieve your New year resolution;

Keep your resolutions simple: Take up resolutions that are simple. Make the statement or phrase as simple as possible. Don't cloud your brain's judgement by taking up complicated ones which end up generating excuses for why you shouldn't achieve your resolution.
Choose carefully: Choose resolutions that's feasible. Don't take up what you can't achieve.
Be realistic
Create bit sized portions: Break the resolution down into bits, probably monthly or quarterly with a specific target
Time yourself: Lay down a period and what you will achieve in it.
Keep a journal: Write down your progress. Studies have shown that written words stick to the brain more than spoken words or thoughts.
Set prizes for yourself: When you achieve a goal on the course of achieving the greater goal, give yourself a treat. That will serve as motivation to achieve more.
Accept support: Accept help or ask for help where necessary. If you're an addict, you can tell your friends to help keep you away from what you're addicted to.
Never give up: On no account should you give up. Even when it seems you will quit, keep on pushing. The point before a breakthrough is always like that.
Be in charge: It's your decision, be in charge!

What's the Way Forward?
Like I mentioned earlier, you don't need to wait until the last day of the year to make resolutions. Make them daily and keep them. Avoid the word, "I SHOULD" because what you say is what you attract. Rather use, "I WILL".
https://iwunduchristopherchinaza./2018/01/01/how-do-i-achieve-my-new-year-resolutions/

Re: How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions by engrMikemd(m): 1:14am On Jan 02, 2018
the most important thing is DISCIPLINE
Re: How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 04, 2018
engrMikemd:
the most important thing is DISCIPLINE

Sure. But you definitely need to channel your discipline. Don't you think so?
Re: How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions by engrMikemd(m): 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
Equatornoni:

Sure. But you definitely need to channel your discipline. Don't you think so?
na so
Re: How Do I Achieve My New Year Resolutions by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
engrMikemd:

na so

Exactly

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of A Rainbow Round The Sun Today In Ekpoma (a Sun Halo) / "I Witnessed World Wars I & II"---160 Years Old Woman In Ilorin / VIDEO: Native Doctor Rants As He Is Arrested For Not Wearing Face Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.