Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

The KYVA Show 2018 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The KYVA Show 2018 (329 Views)

World Cup 2018 Group B Nigeria / Big Brother Naija Application 2018 | Big Brother Naija 2018 Auditions Date... / Abu Screening Form For 2017/2018 Is Now On Sale!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The KYVA Show 2018 by lilliesboy(m): 1:39am On Jan 02, 2018
The Kolo Youth Visionary Association (KYVA) programme is to hold today (Tuesday) at the Kolo II Town playground/townhall in Ogbia L.G.A, Bayelsa State, Nigeria by 4pm to around 10:30pm. This year's debate topic is: "Omite onighe oni ah kill mi'ga ayen var amite aru" (i.e. The success or failure of an individual is determined by the given NAME she/he bears in life). In other words, does the name one bears have an effect on you or determines one's success/failure in life?

The motion will be mainly debated in the Ogbia (Kolo) language by at least eight debaters (four against four). Am one of the debaters and my team (which includes my maternal uncle - Mr. Praisegod "Oweifa" Godfrey, and others) will be OPPOSING the motion of the debate. I will also participate in the drama section.

I think my major challenge will be being unable to speak the Ogbia language fluently as well as, using the correct/suitable word in translating some English concepts and which may affect the message I pass across. It is going to be entertaining and educative, so you are all invited.

(1) (Reply)

Advertise Your Brand With Us At Naijatwist / Queen Of England Honours Itoro-eze-anaba With Commonwealth Point Of Light Award / Latest Brief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.