Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain (5820 Views)

What Does The Term V6, V12 Mean In Cars. / EOD 03 Used For Sale@1.080m first body 4 plug / First body 2003 Lexus Rx 300 @ 1.250m (negotiable). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 02, 2018
Checking on cars here I see people asking if the car is first body. Have no idea what that means. I’d appreciate if someone enlightens me.

Also what does “toks” mean? I was guessing it’s “tokumbo”. Might be wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by Obinnau(m): 6:01am On Jan 02, 2018
first body means it hasn't had an accident neither has the body being worked on by a panelbeater. It simply means a car body that hasn't undergone changes external to the factory work. Toks means Tokumbo or second new, second hand.

3 Likes

Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by sulakishop(m): 6:02am On Jan 02, 2018
It means the body has not undergone panel beating and has not been painted asides the way it came from the manufacturer

2 Likes

Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 02, 2018
Obinnau:
first body means it hasn't had an accident neither has the body being worked on by a panelbeater. It simply means a car body that hasn't undergone changes external to the factory work. Toks means Tokumbo or second new, second hand.
oh thank you very much.
Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 02, 2018
sulakishop:
It means the body has not undergone panel beating and has not been painted asides the way it came from the manufacturer
thanks a lot. smiley
Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by Trustme2(m): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2018
stupidity:
Checking on cars here I see people asking if the car is first body. Have no idea what that means. I’d appreciate if someone enlightens me.

Also what does “toks” mean? I was guessing it’s “tokumbo”. Might be wrong though.
Indeed the posters above have done justice to your questions. However 99% of cars at Tokumbo car stands are accidented but you'll hardly know. Most car dealers buy these cars through auction sales abroad cos it's cheaper. They repair them and then sell as non accident ed Tokumbo cars. It's only when you run a Carfax report that can really tell you the true state of these tokunmbo cars before their shipment to Nigeria whether they are really first body or non accident cars.
A case is seen in the pics attached

Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 02, 2018
Trustme2:

Indeed the posters above have done justice to your questions. However 99% of cars at Tokumbo car stands are accidented but you'll hardly know. Most car dealers buy these cars through auction sales abroad cos it's cheaper. They repair them and then sell as non accident ed Tokumbo cars. It's only when you run a Carfax report that can really tell you the true state of these tokunmbo cars before their shipment to Nigeria whether they are really first body or non accident cars.
A case is seen in the pics attached
thanks a lot bro. I understand it all now.
Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by computerglobal(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
cool
Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by Shagati(m): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
stupidity:
“tokumbo”.

Obinnau:
Toks means Tokumbo or second new, second hand.

Trustme2:

Tokumbo car stands

TOKUMBO

TOKUNBO!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by alphaNomega: 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
Those of you posting first body on cars that have been filled with potty should stop that behaviour this 2022

2 Likes

Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by EgunMogaji2: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2022
It means lies are involved.

1 Like

Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by CrEaToRmalden(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21
Re: What Does “first Body” Mean? Please Someone Explain by WriteArticleAga: 3:34pm On Apr 21
The answers above are correct. Just want to add that there's always that fear that second body cars in Nigeria were worked by bad craftsmen who have terribly devalued it. Just get the repair receipt from the seller, and use that to determine if the bodyshop that did the job is a reliable one. Meanwhile, I found one post that describes what 'baked on first body' means—it's a related concept you should check out.

(1) (Reply)

2 Units Of 2004 Model Toyota Sienna Ce Toks Selling Fast / Clean Peugeot 505 Turbo Used Car For Sale, Just For N360,000 / Sparkling Tokunbo 2008 Ford Edge Limited With Panoramic Roof...price N2.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.