Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

The Cruelty Of Calvinism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cruelty Of Calvinism (886 Views)

Is This A Verse That Supports Calvinism? / What Is Armenianism And Calvinism? / Cruelty Of The Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Calvinism states that there are those on this earth who have been peculiarly predestined for salvation irrespective of their conduct while there are others ( in the majority ) who have been predestined for wrath irrespective of their conduct.

Indeed this is made crueler when you realize that this predestination actually occurred before the birth of these two groups of people. The children of wrath are reserved for an eternal torture in the fires of unquenchable hell for all eternity because this is what God wanted for all ages and then children of salvation are reserved for glory because before they were Born God had predestined it.

The Calvinist says that God is fair, a God of Love and Justice yet it almost seems as people do not have a fair chance at salvation because they have been predestined to destruction, they are essentially pawns in a universal game been perpetuated by a God of LOVE - ha !!

They ignore the fact that Calvin was an intolerant bigot, a tyrant, and murderer of Michael Servetus while some of his most ardent supporters such as Jonathan Edwards were owners of black slaves despite their profession of Christianity.

You only need at look at the BIBLE BELT of the United States of America to see how cruel, racist and evil this brand of Christianity is, portraying themselves as the chosen of God while the rest of mankind are worthless people created for a frivolous game of chance.

Bullshit I say.

I say NAY to Calvinism, it is a silly JOKE.
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by chrisbaxtian(m): 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2:
Calvinism states that there are those on this earth who have been peculiarly predestined for salvation irrespective of their conduct while there are others ( in the majority ) who have been predestined for wrath irrespective of their conduct.

Indeed this is made crueler when you realize that this predestination actually occurred before the birth of these two groups of people. The children of wrath are reserved for an eternal torture in the fires of unquenchable hell for all eternity because this is what God wanted for all ages and then children of salvation are reserved for glory because before they were Born God had predestined it.

The Calvinist says that God is fair, a God of Love and Justice yet it almost seems as people do not have a fair chance at salvation because they have been predestined to destruction, they are essentially pawns in a universal game been perpetuated by a God of LOVE - ha !!

They ignore the fact that Calvin was an intolerant bigot, a tyrant, and murderer of Michael Servetus while some of his most ardent supporters such as Jonathan Edwards were owners of black slaves despite their profession of Christianity.

You only need at look at the BIBLE BELT of the United States of America to see how cruel, racist and evil this brand of Christianity is, portraying themselves as the chosen of God while the rest of mankind are worthless pieces of sh.1t created for a frivolous game of chance.

Bullshit I say.

you seem to be bitter about something. Where is the evidence to support your claims?
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

you seem to be bitter about something. Where is the evidence to support your claims?

Why do you xtians always label people who expose religious fables, Bitter?

It beats me cheesy
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by chrisbaxtian(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2:

Why do you xtians always label people who expose religious fables, Bitter?
It beats me cheesy
simply because your original post reeks of bitterness

3 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

simply because your original post reeks of bitterness

On the contrary, don't be defensive - its a rant cheesy
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by chrisbaxtian(m): 5:57pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2:

On the contrary, don't be defensive - its a rant cheesy

you haven't answered the question. what's your issue with them?

3 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2:

You only need at look at the BIBLE BELT of the United States of America to see how cruel, racist and evil this brand of Christianity is, portraying themselves as the chosen of God while the rest of mankind are worthless people created for a frivolous game of chance.

Bullshit I say.

Lolz at this point I don't understand what your bitterness is all about

Would it be better if he had left all to rot due to Adams disobedience

Did he tell you that you aren't part of the elect ?

Did Calvinism say you shouldn't come to Christ, did Calvinism not explain their point,

Did Calvinism say the gospel shouldn't be preached?

Tell me why God loved Jacob and hates esau

Did God not create them both ?? Your answer is in Romans

Answer these questions so I may start taking you more seriously if not you are just ranting

FYI Calvinism didn't say you shouldn't ask God for life in Jesus Christ ... Oh! I forgot you don't need him ryt?
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by whitestar01(m): 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2:

Bullshit I say.

So you want to reap where you didn't sow right? Impossible! Is it possible to enter USA without international passport ? No, how do you think you can be saved from hell without believing the saviour who can only save you from the wrath to come. Why are you afraid instead of believing. John Calvin did a great work which you pretend not to see but to criticize his minor mistakes .
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
whitestar01:
So you want to reap where you didn't sow right? Impossible! Is it possible to enter USA without international passport ? No, how do you think you can be saved from hell without believing the saviour who can only save you from the wrath to come. Why are you afraid instead of believing. John Calvin did a great work which you pretend not to see but to criticize his minor mistakes .

You guys throw around words without knowing the meaning such a 'bitter' . 'afraid' etc.

Only religious people are afraid, people like me live a life of freedom, joy, and love - no bondage to the mythology of Man.

John Calvin invented a LIE and his followers continue to propagate this Lie.

I am surprised though that you refer to his MURDER of an innocent man as a 'minor mistake' - just wow !
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by whitestar01(m): 10:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
frosbel2:

You guys throw around words without knowing the meaning such a 'bitter' . 'afraid' etc.

Only religious people are afraid, people like me live a life of freedom, joy, and love - no bondage to the mythology of Man.

John Calvin invented a LIE and his followers continue to propagate this Lie.

I am surprised though that you refer to his MURDER of an innocent man as a 'minor mistake' - just wow !
if you are not afraid why are you complaining? So you believe the so called innocent man to be innocent ? Meanwhile am not in support in his command to murder , but do you really know if the man is innocent ? If yes you are deceptive! Be truthful for once.
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2018
whitestar01:
if you are not afraid why are you complaining? So you believe the so called innocent man to be innocent ? Meanwhile am not in support in his command to murder , but do you really know if the man is innocent ? If yes you are deceptive! Be truthful for once.

Start to know God for yourself and leave cleverly invented fables alone.
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Lolz at this point I don't understand what your bitterness is all about

Would it be better if he had left all to rot due to Adams disobedience

Did he tell you that you aren't part of the elect ?

Did Calvinism say you shouldn't come to Christ, did Calvinism not explain their point,

Did Calvinism say the gospel shouldn't be preached?

Tell me why God loved Jacob and hates esau

Did God not create them both ?? Your answer is in Romans

Answer these questions so I may start taking you more seriously if not you are just ranting

FYI Calvinism didn't say you shouldn't ask God for life in Jesus Christ ... Oh! I forgot you don't need him ryt?

So God created us for his pleasure in seeing some saved and some sent to an eternity in a hell chamber. If you believe in this nonsense, I cannot help you.
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
frosbel2:

So God created us for his pleasure in seeing some saved and some sent to an eternity in a hell chamber. If you believe in this nonsense, I cannot help you.

of course you can't help me... seeing you yourself need help

you didn't answer my questions .... just shy away from it by logic ......

did Calvinism say you aren't part of the elect?
since you are very wise
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Agboki: 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
I want 2 only understand 1 tin oga op do u believe in God?
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by McSterling(m): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2018
Calvin was a very bigoted man. He displayed the height of religious intolerance - validated the killing of a fellow christian (Servetus) just because of doctrinal difference. I remember how shocked I was reading this as a kid.

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2018
Agboki:
I want 2 only understand 1 tin oga op do u believe in God?

yes
Re: The Cruelty Of Calvinism by Agboki: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Den no cause 4 alarm we are on same page!

(1) (Reply)

Na Wa. Ogun Native Doctor Poses With Dollars, Claims He Can Make Anyone Rich / Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church / 1400 Years Of The Real History Of Islam In 5 Minutes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.