Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. (4030 Views)

Obinrin Chinko Yi Ni Laye! Ko Jo O... / Gwarzon Ku A Mawakan Hausa (your Best Hausa Musician) / Omo Yoruba, E Je Ka Ki Ara Wa Wipe 'E Ku Something' (Yoruba Greetings) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by CrudeOil2(m): 10:33am On Apr 08, 2010
When did the Hausa's begin to use the internet?
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Arkison: 10:46am On Apr 08, 2010
SECOND

COMPLACENCY (ta ya zan fassara wannan kalmar - Halin ko oho. Zaman Kara zube) -ko kuma wauta

Mutanen mu basu da mu ba. Na kasa ganewa. As in kuna ji, kuna gani, kuma kuna saurare mutan talaka tukururu ya dawo shugaban ku, and the next thing is, yafi kowa kudi a garinku, ko a jihar ku, amma baku damu ba. You don't care. You can't do nothing about it. Sai ma ku fara turu-ruwa gidansa neman abin kashewa. Neman taimakon gina masallaci. Neman taimakon gina church. Abun is just too much. Mutum bashi tashi ya neman ma na kai. Sai dai ya zauna, yana zare idanu a kofar gida bayayin komi. I have seen samari, masu karfi, suna kawai zaune, basa komi. From morning till night. Abun kuma bashi damun su. Kuma mutum baya jin cewa hakkinsa ake tauyewa. Sai dai kawai mu zauna muna cewa haka Allah ya yi.

Zan kara bayani akan wannan, daga baya.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Beaf: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2010
Arkison:

SECOND

COMPLACENCY (ta ya zan fassara wannan kalmar - Halin ko oho. Zaman Kara zube) -ko kuma wauta

Mutanen mu basu da mu ba. Na kasa ganewa. As in kuna ji, kuna gani, kuma kuna saurare mutan talaka tukururu ya dawo shugaban ku, and the next thing is, yafi kowa kudi a garinku, ko a jihar ku, amma baku damu ba. You don't care. You can't do nothing about it. Sai ma ku fara turu-ruwa gidansa neman abin kashewa. Neman taimakon gina masallaci. Neman taimakon gina [size=14pt]church[/size]. Abun is just too much. Mutum bashi tashi ya neman ma na kai. Sai dai ya zauna, yana zare idanu a kofar gida bayayin komi. I have seen samari, masu karfi, suna kawai zaune, basa komi. From morning till night. Abun kuma bashi damun su. Kuma mutum baya jin cewa hakkinsa ake tauyewa. Sai dai kawai mu zauna muna cewa haka Allah ya yi.

Zan kara bayani akan wannan, daga baya.

Introducing the first usage of [size=14pt]Hauglish![/size]  grin grin grin grin
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Nigerd(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2010
mODE LoCk THIS THREAD, PLEASE
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by citizenY(m): 11:13am On Apr 08, 2010
@Beaf, salute, barka da today. grin

Enjoy. Thanks for increasing my vocabulary. Wish you could read Hausa, or Hauglish.

The guy is making his own analysis of the problems of Hausa society. I am enjoying it too
and prefer to wait for him to land.

@ Arkinson, go ahead. wink
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by citizenY(m): 11:17am On Apr 08, 2010
mODE LoCk THIS THREAD, PLEASE

Niger d, How do you say this in your lingo, maybe the moderators will understand tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by 18platoon(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2010
@edoyad, I HAVE A DREAM (the day i'll lay my blessed hands on you PORK).
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Beaf: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2010
citizenY:

@Beaf, salute, barka da today. grin

Enjoy. Thanks for increasing my vocabulary. Wish you could read Hausa, or Hauglish.

The guy is making his own analysis of the problems of Hausa society. I am enjoying it too
and prefer to wait for him to land.

@ Arkinson, go ahead. wink

CitizenY, where you deh since? I salute you back.

Please beg your man to switch completely to English. I am quite sure that Hausa is being spoken because a couple of folk are not comfortable with how a public analysis of hausa society will be recieved by Southerners. But it is best to switch so that folk don't think there's arrogance going on, even though it might only be discomfort. It is healthy to talk in the open and get to grips with other cultures, especially for tomorrow, because it seems "one Nigeria" is going nowhere.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by citizenY(m): 11:44am On Apr 08, 2010
Oga Beaf,

been rather engaged outside and also have some challenges with my internet service. I no run grin

I understand but you wil realise that i have no control over the poster's method of delivery. I can only
plead.

Meanwhile, I can assure you that there is no arrogance in Arkinson's presentation. I agree with you entirely
that there could be discomfort.
On the otherhand some folk in Nairaland know Hausa people more that they know themselves and have
already come to their own conclusions. I may give you a precis of his views in due course and for now, it
is not far removed from the Nigerian malaise.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2010
Fine, the content of the discussion could be socio-political but limited in scope of discussants.

In as much as I don't have a problem with your language of choice, it it not meant for general discussion and therefore should be moved to the appropriate section on the forum- the cultural section.

For it to be discussed under "POLITICS"-an English word, the irreducible minimum is for it to be in English.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Kobojunkie: 11:53am On Apr 08, 2010
@Poster, apparently google does not have a ready translator for your post. If you don't mind, can we all stick with using the English language the best we can? Thanks in advance!
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Beaf: 11:54am On Apr 08, 2010
citizenY:

Oga Beaf,

been rather engaged outside and also have some challenges with my internet service. I no run grin

I understand but you wil realise that i have no control over the poster's method of delivery. I can only
plead.

Meanwhile, I can assure you that there is no arrogance in Arkinson's presentation. I agree with you entirely
that there could be discomfort.
On the otherhand some folk in Nairaland know Hausa people more that they know themselves and have
already come to their own conclusions. I may give you a precis of his views in due course and for now, it
is not far removed from the Nigerian malaise.

Good to see you back. I hope you have conquered the gremlins.

If there are misconceptions, it really is the duty of those who have the means to communicate not to be shy about it. That way, people begin to see things from the other person (or cultures) perspective and understand why they might think or react differently. Any misconceptions will also be slowly laid to rest.

@Arkison
Nobody is gonna eat you up. Come out and discuss, stand your ground where you need to and give ground where you need to.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by nduchucks: 11:59am On Apr 08, 2010
Arkison; smiley smiley smiley
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Arkison: 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
THIRD

THE DECAY OF COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP(Lalacewar shugabbanci a local level )

Ina son in fara da ba da example da nan Biritaniya inda na fi wayo. Anan Local Government su ne jigon kasa da al'umma. Ko wane kauye ko ko gari, ko birni sunada Council Authority da take kula da su. Kuma wannan hukumar is answerable to the people. Mutane su ke zaban shugaban nin su. Su suke jefa kuri'a akan duk wani abin da Council Authority za ta ai wa tar. Councils su ke gina primary, da kana nan asibitocin sha ka tafi, da hanyoyin cikin gari da kuma kula da tsabtar muhalli, shine ake kira environmental health. Sannan coucils suna gina library da taimakawa wajen yada ilmin da tarihin kauye ko birni. Kuma ko wane council suke generating kudin su ta hanyar taxes and community levies,

To amma mu, local governments basa komi. Komi ana jiran Governor, ko Shugaban kasa su yi. To menene anfanin local governments.

Ya kamata a yi empowering ko wane kauye, da gari, mutane su dauki destiny in their own hands. From there zaka ga competetion between towns. One thing I know about human beings shine, kowa yana kishin kauyensu, ko garinsu. If powers and resources are decentralised from state governments to towns and villages, I can categorically tell you, babu yadda za'ayi mutanen Wurno su bar mutanen Ilelah (all in Sokoto States) su fi su shi gaba. Amma babu. Kawai wani kato wai shi Gomna, ya zauna a Birni, ya handame komi.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
WTF are the mods waiting for, why haven't they moved this to 'Culture' section?  angry
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Afam(m): 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2010
Interesting thread. Abeg, promote the use of your native language if you can. We refuse to be enslaved to a foreign language. Sanu!

Make I hammer the one wey I sabi.

Zo kachi abunchi! Walahi talahi! Aboki na ntusa! Talatu mangai Shehu!
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Arkison: 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2010
@All,

It seems a lot of people are interested in participating in the discussion for various reasons. While I do not know your motives but as a frequent visitor to this site,  Im not lost at the intentions of many.

In any case, I m not the originator of this post but a contributor. And I took it as a responsibility to response to his challenge. There is no sinister or ulterior motives. Most of what I say is not new to most of you here, rather just written in a different language. And even with that, most of you will have an idea of what the discussion is all about.

In summary, we are just discussing the problems of Northern States and Nigeria in general from the eyes of the Almajiris
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^Bro, the deed has been done! shocked

Here, you can discuss strictly with your intended people.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Arkison: 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
ilugunboy:

^^^Bro, the deed has been done! shocked

Here, you can discuss strictly with your intended people.
No probs,

The inferiority complex of the blackman shall always reduce him to the low level of humans.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by bashdecash(m): 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
who is this edoyad for Goodness sake?

@edoyad, may i pls meet u in person since u r in KD?
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by citizenY(m): 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
Bash,

Rago da wutsiyan kare ne. Kar ka bata rawan ka da tsalle.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by texazzpete(m): 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2010
From the Nairaland rules

PROPER ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY
Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum. If you must use other languages, create a special topic for that language in the culture section.

Now can you clowns please STFU and stop spamming the Politics section with your Hausa discussion?

Anyway, reported this to moderator. Kosovo and Aisha2, over to you.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by bashdecash(m): 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
citizenY:

Bash,

Rago da wutsiyan kare ne. Kar ka bata rawan ka da tsalle.

Na sani ai, shi yasa nake so in ganshi a KD domin a dan koya mashi hankali ko ya koma kasan daya fito ya bar arewan da yaki jini.

ko wane thread ya shiga, bai iya komai ba sai zagin 'yan arewa da cin mutuncin su kuma yana zaune a arewa.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by citizenY(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2010
BAsh,

Ai karen gida ne yake haushi. Ba na jeji ba.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by bashdecash(m): 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2010
Ga bisa dukkan alamu, ka san shi sosai. bani bayani akan shi mana?
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by citizenY(m): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2010
Bash, kabila ne kuma Kar ka kirga shi cikin ahlil kitab. Tushensa bai ma kai ya sami karamar hukuma ba.
Razana kaji ne kawai. Ka fahimta ko? Zan neme ka in na zo Kaduna. cool
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Ikengawo: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2010

After this comment I cannot in honesty take you seriously any longer !!!

Surely there is a cultural section

they're not talking about culture, they're talking about politics.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by hakanai(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ the moderators

I have started this thread as a plat form to get people talking in the north about issues that bothers the progress of the north as a whole.using the language i feel comfortable with.As all other threads before this one have carried various slangs or jargons and people have hardly said anything.i have not choose to use this to cause any grudge or quarrel.it is simple there are users out there that want to talk and they have not asked for my medium of communication.the thread is political and in hausa.for people saying it goes to culture.largely i think all the response is to show the clear hatred some people habor and there intolerance to Northern people or the language(hausa) widely used in the northern part.
"Damuwan Na Arewa? Ku yi magana" means "Our Problem in the North? Lets talk."

Please keep the thread as some people have continued to answer with solutions.thank you.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by bashdecash(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2010
@poster, ba ka san cewan kusan dukkan moderators din ba 'yan arewa bane in banda Aisha2 da aka bata moderator kaman last month kawai. Moderators din sun ki jinin jin wani abu mai kyau daga arewa ko Hausa.

kai dan arewa sai dai hakuri kawai.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Nigerd(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2010
Thank God the thread eventually land for the right place,

Nagode Allah,

Damua ya Gudu,

yenzu zen huta,

Magana Yakare
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by bashdecash(m): 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2010
@Niger d,

Envy kills, beware.
Re: Damuwan Na Arewa?ku Yi Magana. by Nigerd(m): 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2010
bashdecash:

@Niger d,

Envy kills, beware.

Yahaya na,

No be Envy, there are rules which must be follow,

Aboki na, Take am easy,

Sai Jango, Sai Hopti, Sai washebi, Sai Anjima

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atah Of Igala Land Strikes Fulani Herdsmen And Thousands Of Cows With Thunder / Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar / Activated Charcoal Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.