Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Hausa/Fulani Pre-Islamic New Year - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa/Fulani Pre-Islamic New Year (526 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hausa/Fulani Pre-Islamic New Year by AfriRenaissance: 12:15am On Jan 03, 2018
Does anyone know when the "New Year" was celebrated among the Fulani prior to their contact with Islam? I know the traditional religion remains, however what about the holidays/celebration days? I only know of the Gerewol.

What about the Hausa? I would also like to know when their true New Year was.

It wasn't difficult at all to find the Yoruba calendar, it's extremely intricate seems like. However, they've adopted the Gregorian calendar for business purposes. Seems like the Yoruba "New Year" is in summer time. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_calendar
Re: Hausa/Fulani Pre-Islamic New Year by leverage(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2018
grin year man extra holiday
Re: Hausa/Fulani Pre-Islamic New Year by AfriRenaissance: 2:20am On Jan 03, 2018
leverage:
grin year man extra holiday

Hey man, no offense but I was hoping for serious responses.

(1) (Reply)

Panic:mysteries Of The Greek God Pan. / Identitying Naija Pidgin Accents And Dialects. / 19-year-old Delta State King Graduates From UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.