Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

I Need Help RX300 LEXUS - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help RX300 LEXUS (2098 Views)

Very Sharp And Clean First Body RX300 Lexus For Sale1.7m Systems Are Perfectly W / Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst / Foreign Used Rx300 Lexus For 1.9m Naira @ Payandrive Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 8:16am On Jan 03, 2018
Good day everyone and happy new year

i noticed my car chop fuel like something else
i have a leaking steering rack ( can it be fixed or replaced?)
i was told the catalyst by the exhaust has been stolen reason for the fuel consumption
i also notice that am having oil shortage though not much

i need suggestion or help on the above will be appreciated

cc kingreign, GAZZUZZ,mayor2013

thanks
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by free2ryhme: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2018
twinskenny:
Good day everyone and happy new year

i noticed my car chop fuel like something else
i have a leaking steering rack ( can it be fixed or replaced?)
i was told the catalyst by the exhaust has been stolen reason for the fuel consumption
i also notice that am having oil shortage though not much

i need suggestion or help on the above will be appreciated

cc kingreign, GAZZUZZ,mayor2013

thanks

Go to a mechanic
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by Whizpeter(m): 8:58am On Jan 03, 2018
Stop being told

Go and get your car scanned to know the culprit for the excess fuel consumption.. It is yet to be proven (beyond reasonable doubt) that a missing catalyst can lead to excess fuel consumption in a vehicle
What did you do to your engine of recent? Any repair works? Did you recently change the oil you've been using to service your vehicle? What type of oil do you normally use for its servicing?

Answer these questions so that we will know how to help you!
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by Readonee35L(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2018
That car needs new year money.
You should be ready to spends lots of cash with does things you mentioned.
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2018
Readonee35L:
That car needs new year money.
You should be ready to spends lots of cash with does things you mentioned.
damn
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 9:41am On Jan 03, 2018
Whizpeter:
Stop being told

Go and get your car scanned to know the culprit for the excess fuel consumption.. It is yet to be proven (beyond reasonable doubt) that a missing catalyst can lead to excess fuel consumption in a vehicle
What did you do to your engine of recent? Any repair works? Did you recently change the oil you've been using to service your vehicle? What type of oil do you normally use for its servicing?

Answer these questions so that we will know how to help you!

really?

well scan show oxygen sensor 1 n 2
i didnt change the oil.. same oil mobil 1 5w30 or so
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2018
one of the best oga here help with the scan.. attached is the result

Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by Whizpeter(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2018
twinskenny:

really?

Then be ready to replace the replaceables bro..

Oil shortage is a valid sign of a failing engine, steering rack needs to be replaced too.

Like demeanour Readonee35L rightly pointed out, the car wan chop you money.
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by mayor2013: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2018
02 sensor would lead to excessive fuel consumption because there is nothing to report to ecu to determine th Exact amount of fuel to be dumped into the combustion chamber. So therefore airfuel mixture would not be in the right proportion(14.7 :1).

As for oil leakage. It could be e from valve cover seals, camshaft seals, oil swump seals if any, crankshaft seal not likely on this model. I hope you had been using the right oil from the onset. The 1mz-fe engine is prone to sludge which in turn can cause oil shortage. Be sure of where the oil is leaking from externally first
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 11:40am On Jan 03, 2018
mayor2013:
02 sensor would lead to excessive fuel consumption because there is nothing to report to ecu to determine th Exact amount of fuel to be dumped into the combustion chamber. So therefore airfuel mixture would not be in the right proportion(14.7 :1).

As for oil leakage. It could be e from valve cover seals, camshaft seals, oil swump seals if any, crankshaft seal not likely on this model. I hope you had been using the right oil from the onset. The 1mz-fe engine is prone to sludge which in turn can cause oil shortage. Be sure of where the oil is leaking from externally first

Thank you bet much.. So it might not necessarily be the catalyst t hst was yank off?

We're you able to view the scan result?

Thanks once again boss
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by mayor2013: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
Post a comprehensive scan result
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
mayor2013:
Post a comprehensive scan result

I did maybe not displaying...let me forward to your email
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by mayor2013: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2018
twinskenny:

I did maybe not displaying...let me forward to your email

Pls do
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by thebigkendo(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2018
twinskenny:

really?

Are you sure the scan result you posted is from the same car? Because am seeing more than just Oxygen sensor 1 & 2..

mayor2013

Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
thebigkendo:

Are you sure the scan result you posted is from the same car? Because am seeing more than just Oxygen sensor 1 & 2..

mayor2013

Same sir
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by twinskenny(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
mayor2013:

Pls do

Hello boss were you able to view the scan result?
Re: I Need Help RX300 LEXUS by mayor2013: 5:36am On Jan 04, 2018
twinskenny:

Hello boss were you able to view the scan result?

Yes I was. You would need to fix a lot. 1st is the knock Sensor located on the cylinder head. Second is your airfuel sensors located along the exhaust manifold and along o2 sensors located along exhaust. Thirdly is your variable valve timing intelligence located at extreme right hand when standing in front of vehicle. Pix loading soon

Why You Should Avoid Driving On Reserve Fuel / Clean Nigeria Used Toyota Avensis Verso 2001 For Sale / Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car