Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk (3475 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by amibopro: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2010
About 3 yrs ago when i was in Nigeria i applied for Student Uk visa and was denial twice, The last time unfortunately, i used a fake bank statement due to the advice from a pal in the bank that too 45k from me and promised to make a bank statement with some millions in it.which i thought he could no because he worked in the bank, (there was no finger print taken in my application then for visa)

I appled with the bank statement he gave me for the UK visa and was denial , reason fake bank statement, i was give a right to appeal, but due to the fact that i no whaz up i droped the whole idea, the guy that i gave the money for the bank statement disappear,

Presently i am in romania which happen to be in EU and also a shengen country, i now have my citizenship because myb spouse is a romania,
The dream of going to Uk is still there , how posible is it? romania passport holders dont need visa to Uk,

what are my chancesss
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by dancewith: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2010
amibo pro:

About 3 yrs ago when i was in Nigeria i applied for Student Uk visa and was denial twice, The last time unfortunately, i used a fake bank statement due to the advice from a pal in the bank that too 45k from me and promised to make a bank statement with some millions in it.which i thought he could no because he worked in the bank, (there was no finger print taken in my application then for visa)

I appled with the bank statement he gave me for the UK visa and was denial , reason fake bank statement, i was give a right to appeal, but due to the fact that i no whaz up i droped the whole idea, the guy that i gave the money for the bank statement disappear,

Presently i am in romania which happen to be in EU and also a shengen country, i now have my citizenship because myb spouse is a romania,
The dream of going to Uk is still there , how posible is it? romania passport holders dont need visa to Uk,

what are my chancesss

Are you sure this was 3 years ago? The maths just don't add up. For instance if you were applying for student visa to the UK were you married to the Romanian citizen at this time, as a prospective student? This is because for you to have Romania citizenship 3 years after applying for a student visa with a fake bank statement seems way too fast for me

In any case, if you have a genuine Romania passport there is nothing to fear as you wont be printed on arrival in the UK. that is for those outside the EU. Also they will only need to confirm that your passport is authentic to admit you as a visitor but you may need permission to work as a Romania citizen if you want paid work

Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
Even if you were refused a uk visa in past, with a romanian passport, you are eu and sure can visit the uk. Working in the uk is another matter as you would need to apply for a work permit i believe as romania is one of the countries recently permitted into the eu and so exempted from automatically working in uk and claiming benefits.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2010
What were the consequences for being caught using a forged bank statement. Were you blacklisted?
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by tunnytox(m): 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
Honestly nothing do you, I don't believe that past incident could affect you in any way
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by juzme: 11:29pm On Apr 07, 2010
Huh! very bad you submitted fake bank statement. shocked shocked
Well, since you are married to EU national it doesn't count much of what you did in the past. You can only be refuse entry on ground of public policy and/or if you marriage is that of convenience. Even if you were banned from entry you uk. It does count any more.
Also, since you have Eu passport which entitle you free entry to Uk, you can go to Uk anytime you wish. You are not only allowed to work except you posses valid UK work permit. And I think this is only for a temporarily period of time. You can only apply for UK work permit only for once.
But if you are using Nigeria passport, you may face some difficulties in entry UK as your wife need to be exercising her EU treaty right before you can accompany her to UK. I think it is only UK that adopt this kind of measure. Nevertheless, you can still accompany her to UK if she is qualify and have a good chance of getting a job in UK.
So cheers! You don't have any problem here.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Vicjustice: 2:15am On Apr 08, 2010
amibo pro:

what are my chancesss?
  By my crude calculation, if your encounters with the UK embassy occurred about 3 years ago, then, your admission into Romania should be quite recently, perhaps 2 years ago. So, i'm also looking at the period of time that it took you to acquaint and develop a relationship with your spouse until marriage stage: Pardon me to be honest in expressing my concern that your story is not credible because, i don't know any country in the EU that issues its national passport to immigrants in such a short period of time for the mere reason of their marriages to its citizenS.
   Honestly, i understand that you're not being generous with the truth.

However, Romanian (like Bulgaria), are EU states, but they do not enjoy the full benefits of the union due to their failures to meet the full required standard (mainly in the issue of corruption and the generated poverty), hence their rights in the EU are limited with restrictions.
   You can enter the UK with the Romanian passport, but you should acknowledge the fact that not many black people hold Romanian passport, therefore, you might be subjected to scrutiny, and remember that the UK immigration can refuse you entry if they find out who you are: I hope your data with the UK authority will not jeopardise your identity with the Romanian authority otherwise, you risk being charged with identity fraud which might have serious consequences.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 08, 2010
You should have used a fake account.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 08, 2010
A
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Davedavy: 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ poster.
you cannot be denied entry into UK since you have a Romanian passport now.You are no more a visa national hence visa is not required of you to travel to the UK,Your identification can be checked for validity, but you cannot be asked questions about the
purposes and duration of your trip. Your right to travel may be restricted only on grounds of public policy, public security or public
health.
In case you are planning to work in UK,you should note that workers from some of the States which recently joined the EU like Romania may face restrictions on access to the labour markets of the previous Member States ,so i think you will still need permission to work.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by omega25red(m): 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2010
are you and your wife moving to the uk or are you abandoning her in romania?
sounds to me like home boy got himself a romanian passport through a back channel and he is trying to use that to enter uk. imagine if them catch you then deport you go romanina how you go survive?
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
Yes he has not explained his purpose of coming to England.
Certainly those who are caught use forged documents are subject to a 10 year ban. That ban should apply irrespective of the travel document the offender purports to hold.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2010
I do feel he has a chance , we wont be refused from entry, when he get to immigration check point their aim to to see if the passport was issues by romanian government, if he used the fake documents when there was no finger printer application for visa in the UK then he does not have a problem, he only has a problem if he is applying for UK visa, EU has a Centralised data system that can confirm any information in the EU , so he will be checked based on his new romanian passport not on his past records, that the way it is, undecided
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
Vicjustice:

By my crude calculation, if your encounters with the UK embassy occurred about 3 years ago, then, your admission into Romania should be quite recently, perhaps 2 years ago. So, i'm also looking at the period of time that it took you to acquaint and develop a relationship with your spouse until marriage stage: Pardon me to be honest in expressing my concern that your story is not credible because, i don't know any country in the EU that issues its national passport to immigrants in such a short period of time for the mere reason of their marriages to its citizenS.
   Honestly, i understand that you're not being generous with the truth.

However, Romanian (like Bulgaria), are EU states, but they do not enjoy the full benefits of the union due to their failures to meet the full required standard (mainly in the issue of corruption and the generated poverty), hence their rights in the EU are limited with restrictions.
   You can enter the UK with the Romanian passport, but you should acknowledge the fact that not many black people hold Romanian passport, therefore, you might be subjected to scrutiny, and remember that the UK immigration can refuse you entry if they find out who you are: I hope your data with the UK authority will not jeopardise your identity with the Romanian authority otherwise, you risk being charged with identity fraud which might have serious consequences.

The fact that the OP purports to have an Romanian passport does not stop him from being questioned or scrutinized by UKBA officials. They certainly would want to know how you came about the 'passport' and your main purpose of coming to England.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by amibopro: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2010
First and foremost sorry for the mis-calculation the incident occur 5yr ago and i was not blacklisted, I was given reason for refusal and an opportunity to appeal my decision, I am happy to my romania wife with 2 kids so is no the matter of runing away from my family, was thinking or re-locating to UK, but i guess i still have other chances to live and work in other EU countries and more importantly can migrate to canada,
I just want to no what are my chances, ]
I have family members in the UK so is not the matter of what i want to do there, parents are in the UK and my twin brother,

Note: sorry i cant feed you with more detials, of my personality due to security reasons,
I thank you all for you comments,
more comments will be welcomed
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 09, 2010
I THINK, The new UK law of been ban for 10 yrs came into law by July 26, 2009 so if the incident happend before that dateJuly 26, 2009 i think the law in not binding to hold you , in this situation, cool
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by asiwaju: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
@amibo pro,

Well my dear friend,it is very difficult to give you advice because your story is so ridiculous,my greetings to your lovely wife and kids(Eni meji ki padanu iro).

Kind Regards,

Asiwaju.
Re: Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk by asiwaju: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2010
@amibo pro,

Well my dear friend,it is very difficult to give you advice because your story is so ridiculous,my greetings to your lovely wife and kids(Eni meji ki padanu iro).

Kind Regards,

Asiwaju.

(1) (Reply)

Italian Visa / Help Me On How To Get Sri Lanka Visa / Chinese President Launches Airport With World's Largest Terminal In China(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.