Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Use Of Onion Skins And Leaves For Skin Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Use Of Onion Skins And Leaves For Skin Treatment (543 Views)

Health Benefits Of Ejinrin Leaves For Medicinal Diseases / The Spiritual Wonders Of Onion / Guava Leaves For Weight Loss Recipe And Health Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Of Onion Skins And Leaves For Skin Treatment by stevespack(m): 1:59am On Jan 04, 2018
Onions are one of the most used vegetables in kitchens the world, which says a lot about their unique taste and numerous health benefits. Yet we all become guilty of throwing away the peel of the onion before adding onion to our meals.

Well, we'll convince you today to never do that again.

Several studies have shown that full of onion peel is with antioxidants, even more than in the onion itself and significantly improves overall health.

The brown outer layer is a rich source of antioxidants, fiber and flavonoids that promote healthy skin.

In addition, the peel of the onion highly potent pigment known as quercetin, which prevents clogging of the arteries and reduces high blood pressure, it has powerful sedative properties, and treats insomnia. In addition, the powerful antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-fungal properties.

The main ingredient in the skin of the onion, quercetin, a flavonoid and powerful antioxidant that destroys the main causes of cancer, namely; free radicals.

Studies have shown that the skin is rich in insoluble fiber, which supports a good peristaltic movement of the colon.

In addition, the insoluble fiber eliminate the accumulated toxins from the gut, it controls the pH-value, and prevents the formation of cancer cells.

The inclusion of the peel of the onion in the diet reduces the risk of:

- Type 2 diabetes
- heart and vascular disease
- Gastrointestinal problems
- obesity
- colon cancer

The peel can be added to various stews and soups.

We will here give the recipe for onion skin tea, which is a great way to enjoy all these benefits:

Turn first the shells in a glass jar, pour boiling water over several onion peel, cover and let stand for 15 weeks during minuten.zeef then tea and drink a cup of it before bedtime.

Note: The use of onion peel is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers.

Our nose has to endure a lot. blockages in colds, or just a runny nose. Also things like hay fever
provide nasal problems and the means.

Suffer from migraines? How to get there naturally from it!

For as long as I can remember I have suffered from migraines, and what I tried, nothing helped, also prescribed medication from the doctor not.

For as long as I can remember I have suffered from migraines, and what I tried, nothing helped, even prescription medication from the doctor not.

Well I m not at all in favor of allopathic medicines and seek salvation much prefer natural remedies, so when the doctor nothing could do for me regarding my migraines, I decided to throw it over a natural bow and sat me to deepen the Internet in migraine agents. Two things jumped thereby directly in the eye, namely, turmeric and ginger.

Ginger is a natural ingredient in every remedy that comes to controlling pain, and it is again easy to get (just at the grocery store even, or kwaliteitje strengthened by health shops), and also easy to use. Simply cut a piece of ginger root and chopped heels then pulling a tea.

Turmeric, was a somewhat more challenging, because the active substance in it called curcumin, which fights inflammation is poorly absorbed by the human body and also once more is poorly soluble in water. Difficult as it must in a little tea. Even if you add black pepper to the mix, you increase the absorption of curcumin by only one percent or five. In short, the amount of turmeric that you should consume to get an active agent is too high to make it somewhat normal (for fighting over, not for prevention).

Luckily I found the solution in Curcumin water . This is purified (spring) water where the substance curcumin has already been resolved, so that you firstly much easier ingest enough of the substance and secondly, you are assured of the fact that your body absorbs 100 percent. Ideal!

Armed with the above knowledge and resources I'm going to brew a tea with the following ingredients:

Fresh Ginger (a piece the size of your thumb)
I buy this at just the Jumbo
1 cup water curcumin
Curcumin water I buy at Kenwell Nature
1 bag of black tea (It does not matter what, as long as it is a black kind)
I buy at the Albert Hein
Half teaspoon cinnamon (in support of the analgesic effect of ginger)
I just buy the Jumbo 1 teaspoon cardamom (Just for sale in the supermarket)
I just buy the Jumbo
Half a cup (almond / coconut / rice) milk
I use coconut milk and this I make
Honey to taste (purely to sweeten)
I buy directly from the Beekeeper (Unfortunately no website so no linkje)
2 cups water
Just tap �
Preparation:

Kenwell-nature-eg-300x250 Put a saucepan on the stove and pour two cups of water. Then cut the ginger into small pieces and add it along with the cardamom, and cinnamon. Bring to the boil, so the ginger releases its healing substances. Let it stand for 10 minutes and then add the black tea, and a cup of water curcumin (which is about 5ml), and simmer for 2 minutes.

Use:
Pour half a cup of tea (through a sieve or similar.) In a cup, fill it on with the milk and add the honey. The result is a tea that tastes great, and you have so enough for two cups / mugs. Drink this one after the other, go lie down quietly to work your body. After about half an hour, the migraines disappeared.

Note 1: Whether it is because of the tea I do not know, but since I'm making about six months ago to use the frequency of migraine attacks become less, and at the time of this writing is my last migraine attack yet another thick two months ago. I do have to mention that I had to drink this tea every day, because I think he's just yummy!

Note 2: The above use myself so specific for migraine, but this tea is particularly effective in any kind of pain. For example, it helps excellently against the rheumatic pains of my wife who takes this tea twice daily as she has a lot of bother. This tea can really replace regular painkillers and so too did in my house. https://hdranswer..com.ng/2017/02/use-of-onion-skins-and-leaves-for-skin.html

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Effective Insecticide Nowadays? / HERSHEY'S Chocolate Candy Bar Variety Pack (hershey's, Reese's, Kit Kat) 18 Coun / Man Almost Dies From Biting His Fingernails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.