Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,659 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

Our Body Is The Temple Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Body Is The Temple Of God (535 Views)

Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit / The Temple of YHVH Almighty / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Body Is The Temple Of God by luckyjojo: 5:29am On Jan 04, 2018
What is a Temple?   A temple  is a place for worship or a dwelling place of God.  Although we build massive edifice  as church worship centers, but God is more interested in the real temple, which is our body. Yes! Our body is the temple of God. He no longer dwells in tent and ark as of the days of old but the holy spirit who is the image of  God now dwells in the body of believers since the day of Pentecost. This was the fulfillment of the promise Jesus made  to his disciples. He promised to send the comforter who will dwell with them always.

Text: 1 Corinthians 6: 19 -20  19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Our God is  holy and therefore detest sin. To inhabit the presence of God in our body, we must stay away from sin in all it’s forms. Even as we dislike a dirty environment and are attracted to a clean environment, so also  the presence of God is attracted to  a sin free life.  Many people put a lot of effort in adorning their physical body, to keep it beautiful  while neglecting the beauty of their spiritual temple. This is very bad, we should be concerned about the state of God’s home –our body and strive to keep it clean from sin.

Carrying God’s presence in our body guarantees  us of  victory  in our daily life.  With God indwelling in  us, the enemy is put to flight and our victory and salvation is sure. Although many desire to be the right temple for God but living a righteous life has always been an hindrance.  The temple is defiled when we indulge in sinful acts such as fornication, adultery, murder, lying, cheating, idolatry, etc.

How can we be a temple of God?    We can be worthy temple of God through these means:

Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
Join a bible believing Church and Get baptized.
Live a life free of sin.
Singing Praise and Worship attracts the presence of God.
Since we have known that our body is the temple of God, let us appreciate God for the privilege  of housing his presence and also make his home comfortable.
Source www.restforall.com
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by dingbang(m): 5:38am On Jan 04, 2018
Hungerbad happy new year...
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by HungerBAD: 5:44am On Jan 04, 2018
dingbang:
Hungerbad happy new year...

My brother my friend happy New Year.
How every bros?
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by dingbang(m): 5:45am On Jan 04, 2018
HungerBAD:

My brother my friend happy New Year.
How every bros?
fine we thank God.. Growing from strength to strength.. Been tryn to reach you all this while through whatsapp all to no avail.. Hope all is well?
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by HungerBAD: 5:53am On Jan 04, 2018
dingbang:
fine we thank God.. Growing from strength to strength.. Been tryn to reach you all this while through whatsapp all to no avail.. Hope all is well?

Yes.

Was working in a remote part of the world.

Lost my phone. Inbox your number pls.
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by dingbang(m): 5:55am On Jan 04, 2018
HungerBAD:

Yes.

Was working in a remote part of the world.

Lost my phone. Inbox your number pls.
bb
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by HungerBAD: 6:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Sent you a message.
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by dingbang(m): 6:02am On Jan 04, 2018
HungerBAD:

Sent you a message.
ok pls edit the number.. Thanks boss
Re: Our Body Is The Temple Of God by HungerBAD: 6:04am On Jan 04, 2018
dingbang:
ok pls edit the number.. Thanks boss

Done.

(1) (Reply)

Islam Question And Answer According To Qur'aan And Sunnah / God: The Giver Of Life / How To Pray Earnest Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.