Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,469 members, 7,843,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu (3417 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / See What Super Eagles Legend Kanu Nwankwo Did For Kids In Uganda(Pics / Startimes Appoints Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo As Brand Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by Okukk(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2010
Kanu remain one of our best and as an experience striker, I think he deserves to be in the team to SA- 2010
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by KIDIKENYI: 8:12am On Apr 09, 2010
Let us treat our players with respect
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by rasputinn(m): 8:20am On Apr 09, 2010
hmn hmm hmm,recipe for disaster
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:16am On Apr 09, 2010
If Kanu is our best and most experienced, then i suggest we call back Rashidi Yekini (Goals Father) and Make Yakubu Ayegbeni a permanent feature on the central striking role. Also Bring Back Jay-Jay Okocha and dump under-achieving Mikel Obi. Take out Shittu and call up Celestine Babayaro grin
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by Digriz(m): 9:33am On Apr 09, 2010
12large:

what kind of rubbish is this, this lageridiot guy is annoying me now. what will a old 49 year old man like kanu do in world cup, that guy is tremendously slow and lazy he should just retire. i don't know why nigeria players never respect their self and retire instead they wait for heirself to be insulted. for me kanu is definetly overrated and he is not a nigeria senior team legend. kanu won a u-17 tornament and olympics but as a striker you get judged by the goals you score and since 1994 to 2010 kanu nwankwo have scored only 13 goals thats just poor. nigerians like making theirself feel better thats why they call him the most decorated well the most decorated is etoo. how can kanu play 6 nations cup and cannot score even 1 goal the guy is overaated like hell he is definetly not a nigeria senior team legend.
u are a very big f.o.o.l and u dnt knw anytin abt futball even,u opened your wide mouth talking rubbish by saying that kanu haven't scored a lot of goals for Nigeria bt u forgot d numerous assist he has rendered. Dnt just post or contribute to wat u re a novice in.
Playing Kanu behind strikers is d best position thats always works better for him bt it depends on the coach formation for the particular match.
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 09, 2010
Kanu has no business playing in SA.he can go there as part of the technical crew

we cant do well with dead-woods in our starting eleven nor can we progress to the 2nd round on past reputation of our players
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by onyeokwuak(f): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2010
It seems we have a lot of mannerless kith and kins in nairaland judging by the way they choose there words against a lagend. Let me tell u that no matter what u say, Lagerback will watch Kanu train with other super Eagles players, one touch on the ball will ignite an irrisistable interest in Lagerback. Kanu is great , he is not too old not to play, he is fit.Some of u have not watched him recently, KANU IS STILL VERY FIT TO PLAY EVEN AFTER THIS WORLD CUP. Any time i watch him, i love football.Go and ask Nicolas Anelka and other players about Kanu
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by Lolladey(f): 11:59am On Apr 09, 2010
kanu is very good and to an extent fit. it is left to the adviser to pick those who will make nigeria and himself good.
PAPILO, I know say one day u go make us proud.
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by sley4life(m): 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
I hail Kanu. Though he is 41, he still has a lot to offer in the team
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by Digriz(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2010
onyeokwuak:

It seems we have a lot of mannerless kith and kins in nairaland judging by the way they choose there words against a lagend. Let me tell u that no matter what u say, Lagerback will watch Kanu train with other super Eagles players, one touch on the ball will ignite an irrisistable interest in Lagerback. Kanu is great , he is not too old not to play, he is fit.Some of u have not watched him recently, KANU IS STILL VERY FIT TO PLAY EVEN AFTER THIS WORLD CUP. Any time i watch him, i love football.Go and ask Nicolas Anelka and other players about Kanu
to the haters
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2010
Lagerback Doubts Kanu for World Cup Squad
http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201003240046.html

Nigeria: Lagerback Doubts Kanu for World Cup Squad

23 March 2010

Lars Lagerback, the Eagles Technical Adviser, has cast doubt over the inclusion of the team's captain, Nwankwo Kanu, in the World Cup squad as he said that playing time at club level and not the number of caps would determine his selection of players.

Lagerback, who watched the Eagles' Team B training session yesterday, said that he was going to focus on assessing the Team A players through their performances at their respective clubs.

In the company of his Swede assistant, Roland Andersson, Lagerback said he was not going to rely on anyone's advice or records in his assessment of the players.

"I will assess the players on my own. It's not going to be on the basis of what you have done in the past, but what you are doing

currently. So, even if you have 70 caps, you have to be playing regularly," he maintained yesterday.

The former Swedish national team Coach said one advantage towards ensuring success in this regard is that he would establish a good rapport with most of the clubs the Nigerian players are playing for.

"I'll have to have a good rapport with all the players' clubs, and I will regularly be in touch with them and their physical fitness trainers to ascertain their level of fitness. I will not want to take half_fit player to South Africa for the World Cup," he said.

Lagerback explained that the likes of Obinna Nwaneri, Danny Shittu and Nwankwo Kanu would need to seek more club football playing time if they were going to be part of the team to the June 11 to July 11 World Cup finals.

"For now Nwaneri has to get a better club, because he is playing for a club in the United Arab Emirates in a league that is third_rate, while Shittu is not playing regular football at his club for now.

"The same thing goes for Kanu, and he and the other two are not in the right shape to play 90 minutes football.

"They can only play about 20 minutes of football, and we all know that we don't need that at the World Cup, but players who can play for 90 minutes," The Swede dropped.

He said what he needed to instill in his team to excel at the World Cup were good tactics and not the game's techniques at this point in time.
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by infohenry(m): 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Kanu is a dead and rotten log of wood. . .EOD!
I believe that rotten log of wood, you will never achieve 1/1000000 of what he has accomplished in his choosen career, his records are there for all to see, for you "GREEN WOOD" embarassed pray you achieve success in you endeavour cos people who use these words you used are good for nothing dudes who knows all and and do nothing.
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by 12large: 1:39am On Apr 11, 2010
info-henry people like you are just plain stupid, everyone knows kanu is a legend in the past but right now he is just useless. i don't know why nigeria players don't respect theirself and retire imagine if kanu do what he did against egypt in their 3goal against germany in quater-final all his legendary status will be forgoteen and he would leave nigeria football with a bad reputation
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by infohenry(m): 1:58am On Apr 11, 2010
12large:

info-henry people like you are just plain silly, everyone knows kanu is a legend in the past but right now he is just useless. i don't know why nigeria players don't respect theirself and retire imagine if kanu do what he did against egypt in their 3goal against germany in quater-final all his legendary status will be forgoteen and he would leave nigeria football with a bad reputation
You are shallow minded, thats why you easily call people names, Kanu dead wood, info henry silly.
You dont deserve my time. Thank you WISE MAN.
Re: Lagerback Wants To Work With 'legend' Kanu by heaven169: 6:53am On Apr 13, 2010
hi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Drops To 43rd Position In Fifa Rankings / Parimatch.ng Is A Sport Betting Scam Site. BEWARE GUYS / How Do Wrestlers Bleed? How Real Are The Injuries? Wwe's Darkest Secrets Reveale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.