Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Do Away With This Prayer Myth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Away With This Prayer Myth (614 Views)

What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook / Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches / Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Away With This Prayer Myth by noblejames: 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
There is this myth surrounding the act of prayer in the church world especially in this part of the world. Christians have been made to believe that for their prayers to be answered one has to pray at a certain hour of the night. Reasons being that these certain hours of the night are the times the demons, witches and wizards gather to have their meeting. I was in a certain church service one day the pastor was issuing order to his members to start praying at 2.00am every night, that it is the most powerful time to pray because that is the time the demons gather. Well, I wonder if he is one of them, that on the side, this statement is not according to knowledge.
Prayer must be a faithful spiritual activity in which the one praying issue orders through his or her mouth in order to turn things around in the spiritual realm. Prayer affects the course of things in the realm of the spirit, and in the realm of the spirit the principalities and powers there acts on what the one praying has commanded. These principalities and powers are spiritual beings and as spiritual being they are not under the control of time and space, which means that they do not exist within time and space. This implies that demons do not know what 2.00am is and are not regulated by any time frame. They are on the loose to do their havoc at any time of the day whether night or daylight. So we see evil occurrences induced, inspired, controlled by demons taking place at any time of the day. The misnomer here is that 2.00am in Nigeria could be afternoon somewhere in any part of the world and in that part of the world some tragic situation could be taking place whereas the people in Nigeria are having a nice time in their sleep.
Recently we heard of a flight that flow from a country that is in 2018 and landed in a country that is still in 2017. This shows that time is not a factor in the realm of the spirit because the beings in the realm of the spirit doesn’t exist within the parameters of time and space. That is why when you pray sickness that is supposed to take five months to heal under medical supervision heals instantly because when the realm of the spirit invades into a matter, time doesn’t matter at all. So is fallacious to wake up or to wake someone up to pray midnight prayer because that is the time the demons are at work. This reason is not according to knowledge! Now don’t get me wrong, I am not against praying midnight prayer or praying at 2.00am. I do pray at any time of the night but not because it is the time the demons are at work but because is comfortable for me, at that times there are no distractions and my spirit can focus and I declare what I want done and happen.
Culled from - http://salvationinthelordevangelicalministry..com/2018/01/welcome-to-arena-of-indubitable-truth_4.html
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by enilove(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
noblejames:
There is this myth surrounding the act of prayer in the church world especially in this part of the world. Christians have been made to believe that for their prayers to be answered one has to pray at a certain hour of the night. Reasons being that these certain hours of the night are the times the demons, witches and wizards gather to have their meeting. I was in a certain church service one day the pastor was issuing order to his members to start praying at 2.00am every night, that it is the most powerful time to pray because that is the time the demons gather. Well, I wonder if he is one of them, that on the side, this statement is not according to knowledge.
Prayer must be a faithful spiritual activity in which the one praying issue orders through his or her mouth in order to turn things around in the spiritual realm. Prayer affects the course of things in the realm of the spirit, and in the realm of the spirit the principalities and powers there acts on what the one praying has commanded. These principalities and powers are spiritual beings and as spiritual being they are not under the control of time and space, which means that they do not exist within time and space. This implies that demons do not know what 2.00am is and are not regulated by any time frame. They are on the loose to do their havoc at any time of the day whether night or daylight. So we see evil occurrences induced, inspired, controlled by demons taking place at any time of the day. The misnomer here is that 2.00am in Nigeria could be afternoon somewhere in any part of the world and in that part of the world some tragic situation could be taking place whereas the people in Nigeria are having a nice time in their sleep.
Recently we heard of a flight that flow from a country that is in 2018 and landed in a country that is still in 2017. This shows that time is not a factor in the realm of the spirit because the beings in the realm of the spirit doesn’t exist within the parameters of time and space. That is why when you pray sickness that is supposed to take five months to heal under medical supervision heals instantly because when the realm of the spirit invades into a matter, time doesn’t matter at all. So is fallacious to wake up or to wake someone up to pray midnight prayer because that is the time the demons are at work. This reason is not according to knowledge! Now don’t get me wrong, I am not against praying midnight prayer or praying at 2.00am. I do pray at any time of the night but not because it is the time the demons are at work but because is comfortable for me, at that times there are no distractions and my spirit can focus and I declare what I want done and happen.
Culled from - http://salvationinthelordevangelicalministry..com/2018/01/welcome-to-arena-of-indubitable-truth_4.html

Let the Holy Spirit do the corrections and directives .

Night prayers are very effective.
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by noblejames: 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
enilove:

In the write-up the op didn't say that night prayers are not effective but praying with the idea that it's when demons are in operation is wrong.
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by novicali: 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
enilove:

what I see here is Pentecostal and charismatic manipulation. The Holy Spirit will only direct and correct us through sound teaching that is scripturally rooted not through our emotions and feelings.
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by enilove(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
novicali:
what I see here is Pentecostal and charismatic manipulation. The Holy Spirit will only direct and correct us through sound teaching that is scripturally rooted not through our emotions and feelings.

Thanks.
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by Fullofjoy: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
enilove:

Direction from Holy Ghost will always come through men!
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On May 05, 2023
noblejames:
A bigger myth than that, in fact, the biggest of them all is that an unrighteous person can pray and get answers from God. And that is one of the major delusions that the religion of Christianity runs on, abandoning Jesus Christ's clear instructions to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and then God's righteousness in order that all things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) — shall then added onto one. undecided

God is not a fool neither is He gullible that men would decide that by the power of their many prayers and rituals, they can cause God to go back on His Word to grant unrighteous men access to that which He has stored away only for those who are righteous in Him. undecided
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On May 05, 2023
enilove:
■ Let the Holy Spirit do the corrections and directives . Night prayers are very effective.
Liar! undecided
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On May 06, 2023
noblejames:
In the write-up the op didn't say that night prayers are not effective but praying with the idea that it's when demons are in operation is wrong.
Nights are not effective either, not according to God who instead said that the only effect is obtained by way of righteousness. Basically, if God had not approved you as a righteous follower of His, even if you prayed standing on your head, your prayers will never be answered by Him. So, you seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), and then God's righteousness, so that all these things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) — shall be added onto you. There is no other way and these meaningless rituals will never cause God to bend on behalf of any man. undecided
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On May 08, 2023
novicali:
■ what I see here is Pentecostal and charismatic manipulation. The Holy Spirit will only direct and correct us through sound teaching that is scripturally rooted not through our emotions and feelings.
Indeed! undecided
Re: Do Away With This Prayer Myth by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On May 10, 2023
Fullofjoy:
■ Direction from Holy Ghost will always come through men!
According to Jesus Christ, it is only those who have become Holy as the Father in Heaven is Holy that the Holy Spirit comes to make His Home in - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Are Mocking Christianity With Their "Prophesies " / All Religions Are Lies, False And Satanic Devices / Something Is Wrong If You Pastors,alfas Does Not Preach This (image)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.