Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,668 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Second Interview Yet No Mention Of Salary - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Second Interview Yet No Mention Of Salary (555 Views)

Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do It Very Well?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Second Interview Yet No Mention Of Salary by simpleswazy(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2018
I don't wanna be too forward it's the second time am meeting the management all disscusion has been what can I offer their Institute and what are my soft skills they want to know more about me forgetting I have my own decision to make too cos if the salary does not suit me no need to keep asking me further questions but they won't mention.. tomorrow is another day m going there if they won't talk about it would it be too fast for me to ask the question pls help.
Re: Second Interview Yet No Mention Of Salary by CasaFFa(f): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
It won't be too fast OP.

Like you said, it is a two-way street. Both you and the company have decisions to make when it comes to recruitment.

Most people searching for a job go into an interview with an inferior mindset, when the reality is, you are on equal footing with the interviewer. If they didn't need your services, they wouldn't have called you for 2 interviews.

If, at the end of your 3rd meeting with them, they have not mentioned salary, you can simply ask 'When will we discuss compensation for the role?' or, 'Do you mind if I ask how much you've budgeted for the role?'
You might get some push back, since they have waited this long to mention salary, but you just need to be confident and calmly let them know that salary information is vital for you in making your decision to continue gunning for the role.

Obviously, the salary shouldn't be the only reason you accept a job offer, so I assume you have taken time at the end of your previous interviews to ask about the company's vision, mission, culture, values, etc., and how your role will support these. This way the interviewer will not think of your salary question as coming too fast.

All the best in your job search.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Interview Yet No Mention Of Salary by simpleswazy(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
CasaFFa:
It won't be too fast OP.

Like you said, it is a two-way street. Both you and the company have decisions to make when it comes to recruitment.

Most people searching for a job go into an interview with an inferior mindset, when the reality is, you are on equal footing with the interviewer. If they didn't need your services, they wouldn't have called you for 2 interviews.

If, at the end of your 3rd meeting with them, they have not mentioned salary, you can simply ask 'When will we discuss compensation for the role?' or, 'Do you mind if I ask how much you've budgeted for the role?'
You might get some push back, since they have waited this long to mention salary, but you just need to be confident and calmly let them know that salary information is vital for you in making your decision to continue gunning for the role.

Obviously, the salary shouldn't be the only reason you accept a job offer, so I assume you have taken time at the end of your previous interviews to ask about the company's vision, mission, culture, values, etc., and how your role will support these. This way the interviewer will not think of your salary question as coming too fast.

All the best in your job search.
thanks really appreciate I am meeting them tomorrow I will do just as u say.. God bless.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Will Resist “grazing Colonies”, Says ONAC / As Victor Umeh Goes To The Senate / MAN'S MANHOOD Disappeared After Lending A Woman A Pen In The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.