Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

JAMB 2018:what You Need To Know About The Engineering Course You Want To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB 2018:what You Need To Know About The Engineering Course You Want To Study (445 Views)

Post Your Alma Mater And The Course You Studied / Is There A Course You Will Advise A Jambite Not To Study? / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2018:what You Need To Know About The Engineering Course You Want To Study by mayprince(m): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2018
A lot of student do not know much about different engineering field and probably have no idea what field is right for them. There are many factors to consider while choosing an engineering course which include future job demand, your own interest, subjects you understand better while in secondary school,etc.

This purpose of this thread is to lay more emphasis on the subject you understand better while in secondary school. Many have made mistake while choosing engineering course because they do not consider what subject they know better while in secondary school, a typical example is a roommate of mine who was given food science and technology as a course to study and then thinking that all what the course is is all about knowing different kinds of food and how to cook them not knowing he needs a proper understanding of chemistry,biology with a balance of maths.Another example is a friend of mine studying mechanical engineering but wants to change to chemical engineering due to its proper understanding of chemistry than physics.

The list of various engineering courses and the subject you need proper understanding of:

Agricultural engineering; maths40%,chemistry10%,agric30%,technical drawing 10%,physics 10%

Chemical engineering; maths 50%,physics 10%,chemistry 30%,technical drawing 10%

Civil and mechanical engineering; maths 40%,physics 30%,chemistry 10%,technical drawing 20%

Computer science and engineering; maths 60%,physics 30%,chemistry 10%

Electrical electronic engineering; maths 60%,physics 20%,chemistry 15%,technical drawing 5%

Food science and technology; maths 20%,physics 10%,chemistry 20%,biology 50%
Re: JAMB 2018:what You Need To Know About The Engineering Course You Want To Study by chicoMX(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2018
Op, you have not heard of engineering drawing? compulsory for every engineering course?
Electrical Engineering : Maths 60%, physics 30%, chemistry 5% (last I needed it was in my first year). technical drawing 5% (helped in 2nd year only).
I'm in my 4th year now, and Laplace transforms, Fourier series, eigen vectors, various iterative methods, circuital laws, logic gates, boolean algebra
Differential equations, State space modelling etc are all I've seen thus far.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Schools Tution Fees / Earn N1500 Weekly By Participating In An Online Quiz Competition. / Jamb Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.