Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel (32663 Views)

Moment A Heavy Duty Truck Fell On A Bad Nigerian Highway (pics/video) / How To Know If My Nigerian Passport Is Ready / 6 Things That Make You A Bad Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Welcomme: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
soberdrunk:
The "Number 1" sign that you are in a bad hotel is when you get to the reception and they ask you "Short time or lodging"? angry
I swear to God, you are damm right.
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by albacete(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
adetoroamos:
especially this hotel wey they for my area, if customer no reach 3or4 they won't on the generator at night

Kikiki
ikorodureporta:

who get time to peep, when cctv grin dey see u live

You don't mean it!
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by DisGuy: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
lipstick2:

Which kind grammar be dis na?

Na typo Me sef fear the bullet

Fixed
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2018
Skylink hotels beside Lagos local airport is one of the most useless hotels I've ever seen in Lagos.

Paid N20k a night, ate N3500 EBA and egwusi yet the hotel was more like ashawo house.

Can't remember if its skyview or skylink again sef but I told the receptionists to advise her Oga to close down that sh1t house.

Mosquitoes there had human teeth.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Uhomanbulus110(f): 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
Better thing na money killum if you want good hotel u need to spend much where u will get everything aviable for your comfor
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by deepwater(f): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2018
Queenext:
When one of the staff brings water in a bucket to the room at intervals

I have experienced this in one of the very best hotels in port Harcourt. Then it was called pro....a.

But it happened once, systems fail humans at time.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
ikorodureporta:

so eko hotel is now a bad hotel, as dem beat 2kay there?

Yes. That was an unforgivable security lapse. 2Kay should actually sue them

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by notoriousbabe: 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
taylor88:
My problem is just the cabinet

I love it silent

Everyone mustn't know when am mounting

Before they'll get erected and come to peep
me too

I love it silent

Everyone mustn't know when i am being mounted

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by AreaFada2: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
dabeto:
First is hotel that ration their power supply even when customers are in.
Check the airconditioner and remote
Check the intercom
Check the toilet for leakage and if it's flushing
Check the water heater
Check the lighting
Check the fan if it's squeaking i.e if there's any
Check the TV if it has more channels that can be regulated by you
Check the sockets
Check the duvet
Confirm payment method
Confirm security
If all these are in order, then what is left is service and staff attitude

Staff attitude/culture is far more important. Security personnel are part of the staff. Good staff will flag up damaged amenities and push to repair them promptly. They will be vigilant to avoid security breach and be alert. They will respect your privacy, keep the rooms clean and generally make it a pleasant place. Although it depends on how serious management is and how they reward/pay staff. Some hotel staff in 9ja get paid 10k to 15k per month. Just imagine.

The most important resource of any enterprise is its staff, not building or property.

Having said that, Nigeria presents some unique challenges to businesses including hotels. Light is the first one. But another big one is dishonest, corruption and sharp practices of some staff. They make it unprofitable and can make proprietor unable to properly maintain and improve the hotel. With time, signs of dilapidation set in.

Quite surprising how unfriendly and unhelpful some staff can be in such a key hospitality business. Across the world.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by taylor88(m): 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
notoriousbabe:
me too

I love it silent

Everyone mustn't know when i am being mounted

Dude am not gay

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Gerrard59(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
Chanchit:
There's nothing like bad hotel. The hotel room you get depends on how much you are willing to pay, why won't bed bug bug you if you pay 750/night.

End of discussion. Add locality also.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Adebowale89(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
soberdrunk:
The "Number 1" sign that you are in a bad hotel is when you get to the reception and they ask you "Short time or lodging"? angry

regular customer cheesy
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by nkemjacob2(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
That is the Kind god damn hotel I work... And the pain full part the owner refuse to realise and accept the fact that her hotel is substandard
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Follygunners: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
obajoey:
no, in Africa, America precisely.

Motel 6, Super Motel 8, Americ Inn, Red-roof Inn.. etc. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Reference(m): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
I'm an early bird. Just make sure the shower works by 4.30. Hotels in Portharcourt are notorious for sloppy service.

'Hello is that the reception...No this is the laundry...what da f... The water has cut out and I have soap in my eyes.... sorry sir I will call the bar... Are you nuts, do I sound like I need a drink....no sir it is near the gate and security will find maintainance.... Damn f. ouch, chei my eyes oh...f.***

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Bimpe29: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hmm! Mounting what na? You must be a stallion.
The facilitator of audible and melodious ringing tone.
taylor88:

I love it silent

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by newslifeop: 1:00am On Jan 06, 2018
Oh
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by chukxie(m): 3:05am On Jan 06, 2018
Very true! I can't stand hotels with the listed negative attributes. However, the ones that gross me out totally are the ones with sewer smell or damp mouldy smell.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by lexzyy(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2018
Chanchit:
There's nothing like bad hotel. The hotel room you get depends on how much you are willing to pay, why won't bed bug bug you if you pay 750/night.
I tire ooo
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2018
taylor88:

I love it silent

I don't get you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria / Nigerians In Czech Republic How Life / Bus Crash: How Woman Dived Out Of Window To Save Her Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.