Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Angry Village Residers Lynch 68-year-old Man To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Angry Village Residers Lynch 68-year-old Man To Death (452 Views)

Youths Lynch 2 Scrap Collectors For Beating Young Man To Death In Akwa Ibom / VIDEO: Angry Village Youth Kill 10 Dogs, Burn Them After These Dogs Killed A Boy / Angry Mob Lynch Five Suspected Robbers In Cross River (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Angry Village Residers Lynch 68-year-old Man To Death by slimjaney: 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Angry residents of Kigomba A village in Kasambya sub county, Kakumiro District, Uganda have lynched a 68-year-old man for allegedly poisoning his young sister to death.

The deceased, Dodoviko Kasumba, a resident of the same area was waylaid on Thursday at about 5am by angry residents who strangled him and crashed his head with a hard object and left his body lying in a pool of blood.

His killers reportedly accused him of poisoning Lovina Namata, 40, who died on Wednesday morning as she was being rushed to hospital.

By the time of filing this story, Namata’s postmortem report was not yet ready.

Mr Ronald Kaganda, the acting LC1 Chairperson said Kasumba was last seen by mourners at his deceased sister’s funeral rites on Wednesday evening where he spent the whole night.

However, residents were on Thursday morning shocked after learning that he was killed in purported revenge attack.

‘‘He came and spent the night with us here at his sister’s funeral and he left on Wednesday early in the morning. We later learnt from residents that he had been killed on the roadside. I sealed off the scene of crime and called police for intervention,’’ Kaganda said.

He added that the deceased was found with deep wounds on the head with one of the ears chopped off. Residents immediately informed police who rushed to the scene.

Mr Joseph Birungi, the deceased’s son said that some of the suspected killers had misunderstandings with his father over land and other property.

He said that: “Those who have been arrested had misunderstandings with my father for a long time. They used my aunt’s death as a scape goat to attack my father.’’

Kakumiro Police led by operations officer, Mr John Kyaligonza arrested three suspects to help police investigations.

Kakmiro District Police Commander, Mr Hassan Katumba Mugerwa has condemned the act and urged people to avoid taking the law into their own hands.(DM)

Source: http://www.kingsleyiwu.com.ng/2018/01/angry-village-residers-lynch-68-year.html

(1) (Reply)

I Stopped Insurgents From Bombing A Church On Christmas Eve — Mama B’haram / Baby Boy Thrown Away (graphic) / The Herdsmen And Black Americans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.