Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) (636 Views)

Religion is confusing me. / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by Leetunechi: 10:25am On Jan 06, 2018
Please who can explain this verses in the Bible?

Seun Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by elantraceey(f): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2018
You're the one confusing yourself not the Bible.
Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by JesusPeople: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2018
The first call is a call unto repentance Acts 2 referenced verse

The second is a call made by an hypocrite, he call unto God, but his heart is set on doing evil.

What saves is not the mouth, before you can be saved, your heart must be one or in union with God.

Anyone can call on God, but God looks at the heart. The heart might be right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by Leetunechi: 10:50am On Jan 06, 2018
elantraceey:

How am I the one confusing myself ma'am?
Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by Leetunechi: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2018
JesusPeople:

The second is a call made by an hypocrite, he call unto God, but his heart is set on doing evil.

What saves is not the mouth, before you can be saved, your heart must be one or in union with God.

Anyone can call on God, but God looks at the heart. The heart might be right or wrong.

Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by JesusPeople: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2018
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; .

but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by bingbagbo(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2018
JesusPeople:
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; .

Thanks my brother, the mischief of the devil inspired op has been exposed

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by JesusPeople: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
bingbagbo:

Thanks my brother, the mischief of the devil inspired op has been exposed

Prince of this world has blinded their heart, that seeing, they choose to be . . . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by Auki: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
Leetunechi:

How am I the one confusing myself ma'am?

You are actually not confused. They put paddlock to their brain. So you can't make the blind to see nor can you make the dumb to hear.
Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by adepeter2027(m): 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
LoL
Old contradiction
Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by adepeter2027(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
elantraceey:
Do donkeys talk??

Is it OK to call someone a fool?
Yes, It's OK to call someone a fool.
Yes, if they are atheists.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1 , 53:1

Or if they trust their own hearts.
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool. Proverbs 28:26

Jesus often called people fools. (So it must be OK.)
Ye fools and blind. Matthew 23:17, 19
Ye fools. Luke 11:40
O fools, and slow of heart to believe. Luke 24:25
And so did Paul.
Their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:21-22
Thou fool. 1 Corinthians 15:36
O foolish Galatians. Galatians 3:1
It's not OK to call someone a fool.

You're in danger of going to hell if you do.
Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
JesusPeople:

Let your "yes" be "yes" and your "no" be "no".
I can't understand why such an important book would give two statements, which completely contradict eachother, just for people to interprete what needs no interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
JesusPeople:

"He that calls on the name of the lord shall be saved"

Why will those who don't do his will but call on his name NOT be saved? They called on his name....

This means the first statement was wrong, for the second to be right.
Re: Why Is The Bible Confusing Like This? (photo) by milkymesh: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
elantraceey:

Why don't you help if you are clear with
I bet even you have no explanation for this

(1) (Reply)

Judgement Day On Nairaland / Christian Dream Meaning: Money In Dreams / The Gospel Is Jesus — Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.