Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! (1081 Views)

Final Year Project Online Shopping System Needed / Get Power 24hrs Non-stop: A New Revolution In Power Solution! / Online Shopping! The Revolution Is Near (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! by 7882: 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hello everybody, we just want to take time out to intimate everyone here about the new online marketplace coming to Nigeria very soon. It's fully developed, owned and managed by Nigerians. After years of research and development, we've been able to develop a system that takes into cognisance all the Nigerian realities and customised for the Nigerian market. This revolutionary system is poised to work on the principles of a groundbreaking software that beats the traditional auction and shopping sites, and it's also incorporated with an equally efficient payment system. In fact, the online marketplace is the first of its kind in the world and has the capacity to go global in years to come. This is a system that possess the ability to rival the likes of ebay, amazon etc. few years from now.

In the course of the following weeks, we will like to sample people's opinions here cos we still need a lot of feedback from critics and potential users alike as we're putting the necessary framework in place for a smooth take off in earnest.

Do not hesitate to post your questions here, or via email or phone.

Kunle
nisofep@yahoo.co.uk

Ugo
ugobeckham@yahoo.com
Re: ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! by obillyj(f): 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
wow! Dat indeed wil b gre8. I v bin lukg 4wad 2 wen dat wil be a reality in our country.my fear is d security aspct of it.we al kno hw fraud xcel in dis country. U guys v 2 asure us dat we wil get our ordas delivad n our pins n codes r safe, etc. Wish u al d best.
Re: ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! by 7882: 4:18am On Apr 12, 2010
Definitely, fraud has been the most important concern that we had to factor into the development and design of the whole framework.

To give you an insight into the whole thing, we initially came up with  the whole online marketplace revolutionary concept until we faced the stumbling block of the payment aspect. We had to go back to the drawing board (which we're still finalising) to design an equally efficient payment system, that will be as simple as possible and be highly fraud-proof, and have the unique "NIGERIAN PRACTICABILITY" which we found deficient in most of the existing ones.

Anyway, I will be able to give out the whole details here, pretty soon, so that interested members of the forum can have the opportunity to  critique the whole concept before the final launch.
Re: ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! by Ooduafello(m): 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2010
When u finish the system ,will u allow some of use to test run it against fraud activities? i can do that without pay cos am an IT proffessional
Re: ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! by 7882: 12:28am On Apr 13, 2010
definitely, we'll need as many IT experts as possible to fraud-test and stress-test the whole complex, we'll send notification when it gets to that stage though.
Re: ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! by DoubleN(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2010
Check out www.buyright.biz grin. I have been to their outlet at Citymall,very cool.
Re: ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AT LAST!!!! by 7882: 11:59am On Apr 14, 2010
I've been to the site and similar sites that operate in Nigeria and most of them are cool, and seem to be doing well. However, I will like to enlighten you that our proposed marketplace is not an online store or shop. It's a market place (in the real sense of it) where superstores and merrchants (the likes of buyright et al) will want to come and trade in their products. It's a market place that will be open to anybody or business that offer one form of product or service for sale. In fact, just think about www.ebay.com or www.amazon.com and you will get the picture we are trying to paint here.

(1) (Reply)

I.t Instructors Needed Urgently / WAEC Gce Government Objective/ Essay Answers / Football Pitch Unveiled In Brazil Where Lights Are Powered By Players' Footsteps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.