Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Red Dress Scandal: Mercy Aigbe's Stylist Takes Responsibility For The Mistake - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Red Dress Scandal: Mercy Aigbe's Stylist Takes Responsibility For The Mistake (810 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Steps Out In A Red Dress For Sunday Service (Photos) / Iyabo Ojo Stuns In Beautiful Red Dress / Omotola Jalade Wows In Red Dress To The AFRIMA 2018 Award In Ghana (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Red Dress Scandal: Mercy Aigbe's Stylist Takes Responsibility For The Mistake by NigeriaGIST(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
Days ago, there was drama on social media after an aggrieved bride called out a Nigerian designer, Maryam Elisha of RikatoByMe, for giving out her wedding reception dress to actress Mercy Aigbe for her 40th birthday photoshoot.

The designer blamed the supposed mistake on a dispatch error and apologized for the pain she caused the new bride. Now although Mercy didn't react as the back and forth went on, a stylist 'Styledbyseun' has come forward to take responsiblity. In a post on Instagram today, he wrote;

I would like to apologize to my Client regarding the ongoing " RED DRESS SAGA " involving my client "MERCY AIGBE" who contracted me to style her for her 40th birthday photoshoot .

I picked up (4) four dresses on behalf of my client (Mercy Aigbe) from the Fashion Designer " RIKAOTO BY ME" on 28th December,2017 for my client's photoshoot of which the "Red Dress" was one.
However, I was in no way informed it was a custom-made dress for RIKAOTO's BRIDE.

This has put a dent in my client's image for which I am truly sorry for as I handled the transaction on her behalf.
I would like to clearly state that my client Mercy Aigbe wasn't aware the dress was for anyone prior to when the news broke.

My heartfelt apologies to the affected bride as well; No bride should be without her dress on her big day. I wasn't aware the Red Dress was hers and I am truly sorry for the disappointment she exprerienced.

Thank you

Source @ http://www.premiumpaynigeria.com/2018/01/red-dress-scandal-mercy-aigbes-stylist.html

cc; lalasticlala , mynd44 , Fynestboi , MissyB3 , Ishilove ,

Re: Red Dress Scandal: Mercy Aigbe's Stylist Takes Responsibility For The Mistake by Warfibabe(f): 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
and that is how they all threw the tailor under the bus....
Re: Red Dress Scandal: Mercy Aigbe's Stylist Takes Responsibility For The Mistake by marooh: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2018
Abeg who did d plastering?

Incase she need POP she should let me know grin

(1) (Reply)

Olamide - SCIENCE STUDENT (official Video) Ft Drake & Nicki Minaj / I’m In Love With Nigerian Ankara – Telemundo Star, Carmen / #bbnaija DOUBLE WAHALA Miracle At It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.